Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Johnson Wants To Be Ocho Cinco, Legally

He might want to change his name when he gets out of prison. Tho, with his smarts, he would probably choose Ron Mexico.

Regardless what name he would change to, the angry canines of this world will be forever on his tail. :p

899934724_403d0f83ca.jpg

As for Ocho Cinco.. he can call himself whatever he likes, as long as the
TJ_Houshmandzadeh_84_shirt_design.jpg
is in Cinci, he'll still get his one on one opportunities.

As if this off-season couldn't get anymore weirder, this happens

I don't see how the NFL could stop it if they legally change their name.

If there is a way to stop it you can bet your bottom dollar that Goodell will search high and low to find it. The guy is quite possibly the most boring person on the face of the earth. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

If there is a way to stop it you can bet your bottom dollar that Goodell will search high and low to find it. The guy is quite possibly the most boring person on the face of the earth. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

He does resemble a mortician at times

And in late breaking news.....fresh off legally changing his name to Ocho Cinco, the Bengals player formerly known as Chad Johnson has been traded to the San Francisco 49ers where he will be forced to wear number 88 as current SF TE Vernon Davis refusies to give up his 85 jersey.

Maybe Adrian Peterson (Vikings RB) should change his name to Adrian "296" Peterson, so he doesn't get confused with the other Adrian Peterson. Then if he breaks the rushing record again, he could change his name to the new record.

It'd be a great way to increase your jersey sales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this story is true and he goes through with it, it will probably be worth significant coin to CJ in jersey sales. Same as players like Favre, Vick, Bush,etc. This case is different though in that he is creating a market that otherwise wouldn't exist. As we've seen, "Johnson" on the back of a Bengals uniform is hardly unique ;)

Paying that big time.:D I'll rue that question for the rest of 08/09!!

Lesson: Screw the family must always watch NFL with sound. Those Bengals have too many Johnsons!!

Yes he could earn some good coin from that name change. I would've thought the league would come down harder on changes to say "Chad 7up" or "Chad Burger King." On said Chad he gave a great interview on PTI, anyone else see it? Nice headlock that Carson applied!

It's ok 11sjw, I'll play nice. You're a Chiefs fan & you have my respect for that. :)

I didn't see the interview but I reckon Chad's good value. He doesn't take himself too seriously.

Not sure what the NFL can do in relation to names changes. If someone legally changes their name I don't see what choice they have but to use it. There may be something in a the players contract that limits it?

Not sure how they'd have handled Prince though if he was an NFL player. :D

Another master stroke by CJ. Guy is deadset hilarious. That interview on NFL Network where they ask him how to fix the US economy...

Its easy baby. You print more money. You run those machines all night and print more money. Hahaha.

It's ok 11sjw, I'll play nice. You're a Chiefs fan & you have my respect for that. :)

I didn't see the interview but I reckon Chad's good value. He doesn't take himself too seriously.

Not sure what the NFL can do in relation to names changes. If someone legally changes their name I don't see what choice they have but to use it. There may be something in a the players contract that limits it?

Not sure how they'd have handled Prince though if he was an NFL player. :D

Not a problem JD, I thoroughly deserved it!

You're probably right in the fact that if you agree to change your surname to Burger King or whatever it means that as much as they hate it the NFL will have to cop seeing that on the back of a players shirt. Sh!t that would piss whoever is "the official Burger of the NFL off"

We need to start a poll as to who would be most likely to do it. Chad, TO & Moss are my picks.

The latest from Chad......
http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=275757&article=4094838

Here is a transcription of the interview, with questions coming from several reporters:

Q: Can you talk about the reported name change?
A: What name change?
Q: Chad Ocho Cinco?
A: I don't know anything about a name change. My name is Chad Johnson.
Q: How would you assess your camp since you've been back with your ankle?
A: Last week was about 50 percent, this week I'm 85 percent. I'm doing pretty good. I'm having a good camp thus far after coming back from severe ankle surgery. I'm enjoying my time here.

Q: The coaches say they expect you to be as healthy on opening day as you've been in two or three years, is that accurate?
A: Yeah, by opening day, I should be in mid-season form, so I should be fine to go. I'll be ready.

Q: They said you should be better than you were last season, so if you're 85 percent now, what were you last season?
A: Last season I played at about 25 percent.

Q: You seem invigorated tonight, probably the best you look, would you say that's correct? Is this the best you've felt?
A: That's a very bad assessment, I always look good. But, if that's what you think, so be it.

Q: You've said this is going to be your best season ever, what are you going to do?
A: I'm going to celebrate. I'm going to talk (expletive deleted) oh, my bad. I'm gonna talk. Yeah, I'm going to block, I'm going to do everything I'm asked to do and then some.

Q: On ESPN the other night you said you had a talk with Ray Lewis that was pivotal to your off-season, can you relay a little of what was said?
A: Nothing, just about really understanding the position I'm in, how blessed I am to be in the position I'm in. There are millions of people who want to play this game. And I'm very fortunate. He had me looking in a different direction rather than just being frustrated by the season and looking at it from a different way. There are a lot of people who want to play this game but can't, and I'm sitting here fussing about something that I really can't control.

Q: In the off-season, you said you didn't think this team could win, do you feel differently now?
A: Did I say that?
Q: You insinuated that at the very least…
A: At that present time, back then, I was under medication. I was seeking psychiatric help, I had a shrink. Now I'm cured, I'm 100 percent. I don't take AA classes anymore, so I'll be OK.

Q: There's another report out that the Bengals were going to talk to you at the end of the season for a new contract, is that true?
A: I'm really not looking for a new deal at this present time. This year I'm actually playing for free due to fines from the previous year.
Q: By the team or the NFL?
A: Both.
Q: So you're not looking for a new deal?
A: No. A new deal might be looking for me.
Q: So you didn't report because they’d promised you to talk about a new deal?
A: No. I don't think that’s how it works in the NFL.

Q: Why the media silence until tonight?
A: Because they're forcing me to talk.
Q: Did they threaten you with a fine?
A: Yes, they threatened me -- am I allowed to say how much they threatened me with? Yeah, the threatened me with $20 grand, large if I don't talk to you guys. OK? So I brought me and my friends, because they're going to help me pay all $20 grand.
Q: The club or the league?
A: Actually both. 20 from Mike Brown and 20 from the league. Can I say that? It may not be an issue any more now. Anything else?

Q: Have you missed talking to the media?
A: No.

Q: What can we do better Chad to improve our relationship?
A: You guys can apologize to me. I want a written letter from everybody, including your supervisors and I'll talk to you guys for the next five years.

Q: You've been critical of your play last year, was your ankle was a major part of that?
A: No. It was Carson's fault. I don't know. We were very inconsistent. I'm very critical of myself. I think it's going to be a better year. We can't do anything but go up from this point.

Q: You also said some things about the defense, but you've been praising Mike Zimmer.
A: The defense, they've been very good. They've frustrated me since I've been back. This has probably been my first practice where I'm able to do what I want to do. They've done really well and it showed this past Monday.

Q: You and Johnathan Joseph seem to be going at it.
A: We go at it since he's been here, he's one of the better corners in the league, if people aren't going to give him credit for it, I'm going to make sure the credit gets out there.

Q: Mike Zimmer has said you like to practice and anyone who likes to practice is OK with him. It seems you have a pretty good give-and-take with him.
A: Oh yeah, most definitely. I'm going to make his job as hard as possible every time I have a chance.

Q: Is a sixth Pro Bowl in your future?
A: Pro Bowl is automatic, I'm really looking for the playoffs to become that way also. That's my focus right now.

Q: Can this team make the playoffs?
A: Actually, we’re in it. Can I say that? Jack (Brennan)? OK, whatever.

Q: Is that a guarantee?
A: I can't say that, Marvin's going to fine me.

Chris Henry Returns

Fantastic news, Chris Henry has re-signed with the Bengals. Watch out, the 3 amigos are going to lead the Bengals to the Superbowl :)

[YOUTUBE]matkFzsEfSc[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Chris Henry Returns

Fantastic news, Chris Henry has re-signed with the Bengals. Watch out, the 3 amigos are going to lead the Bengals to the Superbowl :)

[youtube]matkFzsEfSc[/youtube]

IMO, just goes to show how desperate the Bengals are.

Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall are both first round picks. They aren't stars but they are very solid.

Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall are both first round picks. They aren't stars but they are very solid.
2006 Highlights:
- 1 arrest
- Played in all 16 games
- 58 tackles
- 20 pass deflections
- Best Game: Week 17 - 10 tackles

:p
68350929v1_150x150_Front.jpg

Not a fan...

I do like Hall though...

2006 Highlights:
- 1 arrest
- Played in all 16 games
- 58 tackles
- 20 pass deflections
- Best Game: Week 17 - 10 tackles

:p
68350929v1_150x150_Front.jpg

Not a fan...

I do like Hall though...

And you still follow the West Coast Eagles? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back