News Clark extends contract to end 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a grand total of three AFL games, it's already hard to conceive what he can't do with ball in hand. His poise and skills are seriously frightening for such a young player. To the extent that surely not even his most ardent fans on here following draft night could have imagined what he would bring so early in the piece.

So I am mildly surprised that there hasn't been some renewed posting in the 'I was wrong' thread from those who supposedly couldn't understand what out list manager was up to when taking a HBF with our first pick last year.

IWWT...

After a grand total of three AFL games, it's already hard to conceive what he can't do with ball in hand. His poise and skills are seriously frightening for such a young player. To the extent that surely not even his most ardent fans on here following draft night could have imagined what he would bring so early in the piece.

So I am mildly surprised that there hasn't been some renewed posting in the 'I was wrong' thread from those who supposedly couldn't understand what out list manager was up to when taking a HBF with our first pick last year.

IWWT...
Being big is important that being good

Happy and Excited doesn’t start to express how I feel about this, glad he has settled in and signed longer term so quickly.

Yes need to get him a nice geelong girl and then he never leaves lol that's what it's all about when your 18 let's be honest

Actually, he said he wanted to move to Melbourne. ......

Chapel street operator in the future perhaps. He can live in melbourne anyway port melbourne bartel few geelong players did it. Only an hour drive unless they have 30km off roadwork going on 😂

How far was he out when he tried to kick that goal... not short on confidence ... I just hope he doesn't get cart out in front the horse
I didnt mind it TBH - he's got the tools and has proven he can do it. I like the strut to take the shot and ownership.

Reminded me of Mitch Duncan in 2011 GF - clearly Clark was further out and less likely to score but of the options he had it wasn't bad -
I also take your point of getting too far over the skis and the fact he was marked in the square might give him pause to reconsider next time.

Go Catters

I didnt mind it TBH - he's got the tools and has proven he can do it. I like the strut to take the shot and ownership.

Reminded me of Mitch Duncan in 2011 GF - clearly Clark was further out and less likely to score but of the options he had it wasn't bad -
I also take your point of getting too far over the skis and the fact he was marked in the square might give him pause to reconsider next time.

Go Catters

Im all for owning it .. but Im also all for knowing your capabilities.

A regular annoyance of mine is the long shot taker that just misses by 5 metres, drops short and is touched thru. We atm are winning , as much thru a conversion accuracy , as anything else ..and that I really respect. So no problem young JC .. but take the shot but take the result onboard of whats really a reasonable percentage shot .

I think Duncan is a reasonable comparison. he can hit them 55-60 on the run like in that GF. I think our cocky young frypan tried from about 75 ... I can hear Clint Eastwood whispering sweet nothings if he was his coach..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back