Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

They were able to make that telling assessment in 3 weeks?
The fact that it’s only been 3 weeks before the players have gone and voiced serious concerns, enough for Clarko to get paid out. Means behind the scenes it was very far from rosy.

Players wouldn’t do that unless it was unworkable. Makes me wonder just how bad it got, was there arguments? Completely different messaging? Or something else

Worst troll in the history of sad, sad, lame attempts at trolling.

Four flags. Count em'.

How many other coaches have won four I wonder?

Not nearly as doom as gloom as some are suggesting. The media can have their feeding frenzy and their fun, just got to hope the players don't buy into it too
Persisting with Schoenmakers cost him dearly. All this resentment built up in the late 2000s could've been averted by making a fairly easy decision. It's only now that the chickens are coming home to rost.
Blew 2012.
Blew 2011.
First coach to lose a final to Freo. Only coach to lose a final to Mark Harvey.
More losses to Essendon than any Hawthorn coach in history. Gave them their best moment since the 2000 flag by losing in R1, 2017. Papers were stamped then and there should've done the farewell tour that season. If football is about the fans then giving them that joy was unforgiveable.

Being a 21yr member and with my wife and daughter also members I feel sick right now.
Feel like the members were lied to and played like fools !
Either we were lied to and those responsible should be sacked (i.e. Jeff) or it was handled as badly as it appears and those responsible should be sacked (i.e. Jeff)

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Is Clarko just beginning to get a bit too hard to work with? Graeme Wright, Justin Reeves, Jeff Kennett, Sam Mitchell and now possibly a good part of the playing group? To me, the only problem here was the PR spin from the last few weeks, not Kennett and Reeves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure clarko is hard work, but the many in the playing group still revere Clarko, including Big Boy and if you read Tom Morris' article, that's why he felt he needed to step in.

A circus is what you get when you run with a monkey as your ringmaster.

Seriously, this is amateur hour. It's not a well run, professional football club that dishes up this trash.

After all the sauce put on this succession plan, which was leaked no less, and we arrive at this juncture.

Players should not have to come out and get involved in the back room. But when your back room is this dysfunctional, it's inevitable I guess.

Thanks for everything Clarko, you lifted this club back to greatness with courage, heart and a ruthlessness and single minded determination that put a lot of people off side. Strong personalities who achieve success tend to ruffle feathers.

You'd already decided it was time to go, so no shame in leaving a little earlier than planned. You still get what you wanted - Sam Mitchell at the helm.

Hopefully there is a back room purge to avoid anything approaching a repeat of this down the line.

I reckon Mitchell wanted a big say in who stays and goes at the end off the year ( looking to the future) which probably was gonna handicap Clarkson’s team for next year. Did the players get wind off who Mitchell was looking to move on? Was Clarkson digging in his heels to keep certain players for next year?

Good question. Also, coaches. Support staff. Etc.

Clarkson is to heavily invested in the current playing group in order to make the tough decisions that are needed to be done in a month or so.

I could be this point which is causing the split between Mitchell and Clarkson. Perhaps despite best efforts, they are unable to come to terms with who should be in the squad and who shouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that it’s only been 3 weeks before the players have gone and voiced serious concerns, enough for Clarko to get paid out. Means behind the scenes it was very far from rosy.

Players wouldn’t do that unless it was unworkable. Makes me wonder just how bad it got, was there arguments? Completely different messaging? Or something else

Very good question.

Either we were lied to and those responsible should be sacked (i.e. Jeff) or it was handled as badly as it appears and those responsible should be sacked (i.e. Jeff)

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Jeff didn't have his hands up Mitchell's and Clarkson's a$$es when they repeatedly and publicly said this specific collapse in the working relationship between them would not happen.

Am I being OTT thinking this is part of a Kennett/Reeves greater plan to relocate the Hawks to Tassie?
Is this me becoming a stupid conspiracist theorist?
  1. Clarko a major stumbling block for a relocation and would be dead against it and at the 1st opportunity he's out and why it's been such a clusterf*ck.
  2. Dingley gone nowhere so far.
  3. Kennett pissing off the Victorian State Government so the Hawks don't get funding from them when other clubs do.
  4. Kennett pissing in the pocket of the Tasmanian State Government - this year even referred to us as the Tassie Hawks!
  5. Kennett voted yes for the Melbourne merger.
  6. Kennett was the brainchild to get finances back up by selling 4 game a year to Tassie and massive driver of this and been there for over 20 years now.
  7. Kennett part of appointing Reeve's - who is commercially minded (Senior role at Foxtel/worked with Steve Hocking at Geelong - Hocking now leaving AFL to back to Geelong - worked as Collinwood director of commercial operations - did course at Harvard Business school).
  8. Reeve's was working at Collingwood for the Malthouse/Buckley debacle so surely would know better than to handle this so badly unless another ulterior motive.
  9. Colin Carter report (AFL Commissioned study into viability into an AFL Tassie team) comes back in right at the time of Clako getting the arse. Does anybody really think the AFL don't already know what is going to be presented in the report and no guarantees that report will be released to the public.
Consider this Hawthorn move to Tassie - do a reverse agreement and play 7 games in Tassie and 4 home games in Melbourne.
Also agree to play another at least 7 away games in Victoria.
The now Tassie Hawks sell you a 11 game membership in Victoria and even an 18 game membership.
Tassie government subsidies some cheap flights for Hawthorn Tassie members.
Subsidies from AFL.

Probably being an idiot but to tell the truth not so sure I am.

This story broke 3 hours ago yet Hawthorn still hasn't fronted the media or said a word. Surely they don't need this long to spin together whatever drivel they're going to throw at us

This story broke 3 hours ago yet Hawthorn still hasn't fronted the media or said a word. Surely they don't need this long to spin together whatever drivel they're going to throw at us

I think Jeff is struggling with how he can spin his way out of this one in his email to members!

Dunstall must be sitting back shaking his head at this wondering how did we get to this point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back