Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
According to KB & listeners on SEN this morning, the clash Guernsey's look bloodie ridiculous... what do most people on here think?

I whole heartedly agree, it's nothing more than a cheap marketing gimmick & if anything causes more confusion.

KB's taken the initiative to rile people up about it, so those who vote DUMP 'EM, spread the message:

#1club1jumper

I don't think they're needed anywhere near as much as they're used.

Also, I usually find the umps clash worse than the opposition....A few weeks back we were in yellow and the umps in light green...Sure, I could tell them apart, but I did look twice a few times, and I think the AFL would never have allowed 2 clubs to be so similar.

Keep them
But do away with the afl inconsistencies and the silly rubbery white shorts and ridiculous white clash policies
I like clash guernsies which use traditional club colours and the traditional design (but inverted etc)

Last edited:
I love clash jumpers when they're done well.

But there's so much stupid crap that happens with them. For a while there were a lot of jumper designs that had different colours on the left and right. (Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda (but always have had) and it just added too many colours to the ground. Or they have a different colour on the front to the back. (e.g. For a while swans had red on front and white on back I think).

Aside from the power ranger one - I've really like the hawks' predominantly white jumpers. (Even though a mostly gold jumper doesn't clash with anyone except maybe west coast and richmond).

If a player looks up in a split second he should know "kick it to the yellow jumpers".
Not "kick it to the yellow jumpers unless they're facing away from me and to the left in which case look out for the blue jumpers"

It's not hard:
Home team has traditional.
Away team works around that.

From Freo's POV, we clash with 11 teams - so by that logic we should wear our clash jumper no more than 11 times a year (should we be unfortunate to play all 11 of those teams we clash with away)

But as the AFL rarely works that way, 5-6 times a year makes sense. Though we tend to wear it away against teams we don't clash with (GC, GWS, NM etc.)

They *should* be pracitcal and used where there is a clash, but they end being used as "away jumpers unless the away jumper clashes"

Also sort out the umpire uniforms - they need a clash or at least a couple alternatives that don't clash with other teams (the blue uniforms were a joke)

From Freo's POV, we clash with 11 teams - so by that logic we should wear our clash jumper no more than 11 times a year (should we be unfortunate to play all 11 of those teams we clash with away)

But as the AFL rarely works that way, 5-6 times a year makes sense. Though we tend to wear it away against teams we don't clash with (GC, GWS, NM etc.)

They *should* be pracitcal and used where there is a clash, but they end being used as "away jumpers unless the away jumper clashes"

Also sort out the umpire uniforms - they need a clash or at least a couple alternatives that don't clash with other teams (the blue uniforms were a joke)
How did you feel about wearing the clash guernsey in the 2013 grand final?

The jumpers in the 80's early 90's were the best, much like the World Series Cricket pj's. I loved the West Indies kit.

Richmond's current jumper for me is nqr, the yellow is a bit bright (too electric). Still looks good, but not as good.

How did you feel about wearing the clash guernsey in the 2013 grand final?

Would have preferred the all Purple - apparently we were allowed the Purple top but only with white shorts. The club wanted all Purple or all White (and we rarely deviate from that other than the white shorts rule v Essendon in 2013)

I don't see how the all Purple would have clashed anyway

But I didn't mind it - like I said, I would have preferred all Purple, but all White > A combination of the two different sets imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have a Home Jumper and Alternate jumper. Collingwood's clash jumper is amazing when we wear it.
It is, it should also be your home jumper.

Funny how we survived for 100 years before they started coming into vogue. Whilst I like the idea of themed jumpers most clash jumpers are s**t and are just an excuse for the AFL to make money.
We survived with horse and carriage for 100 years as well - but if you can find a better way you go for it.

Pre-clash jumpers, it was nigh on impossible to tell Essendon apart from Richmond or Melbourne players.
Certainly required in those games.

KB hates anything new.
Today it was getting rid of the bounce.
Not long ago it was the loss of fundamentals since the rules have turned this into an athletes game (fairly sure he was a major part of the rules committee that oversaw the evolution of the modern game)

There are clashes where they are required.
Not sure why Adelaide need one though.

I'm okay with teams having guernseys that can stand out from the opposition's on any given day. But it depends on what they look like.

Adelaide should by no means, be sporting white as it is not in their team colours (the gold with red and navy looks fine).
Same with Gold Coast and especially Hawthorn. That bloody diarrhoea one still haunts me. Desperate marketing ploy. Stick with the two toilet colours.

If Essendon can sport red with a red sash, then why the **** can't they change the sash black? Seems like the whole red being classified as a dark colour means nothing.

Why can't teams follow suit and do what Richmond is doing? Not only they have gotten rid of the crappy mustard colour but they have inverted the colours in a classic but effective style. Black with yellow sash. Yellow with black sash. Brilliant.

348951_026e8ceecdf69a12442072681d59ff71.png

Back