Clayton Oliver's flop in the semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly surprised he didn't get fined. With the force Mitchell used, I doubt that would knock anyone over unless they weren't expecting it.

For anyone to say no big deal, turned a Hawthorn free into a Melbourne shot at goal.

Meanwhile a Hawks player was pushed to ground well after taking a mark and the ump just told him to get up lol, right, makes sense.

It's good enough for a reversal but not or a 50?
Adelaide tears are the best tears, nothing like it on the planet. Beautiful stuff.

Have a sook mate, have a massive sook :D

Nothing in the rules that says you have to stand up and brace yourself for someone charging you 25m away from where the ball is. Didn't look like he 'dived' at all. Just let Mitchell do all the work and got the benefit of a free kick. Stupid of Mitchell more than Oliver.

I reckon Oliver's getting the rough end of the stick here. Mitchell came at him with some force.

Yeah I thought Mitchell bumped him hard enough for it not to be unreasonable for someone to go down.

It was certainly a lot more forceful than the one the Hawks player tried to milk 50 from that someone mentioned earlier.

Surprised by the attitudes in this thread. What's the difference between a flop and a sandbag?

Both are intended to draw a free kick where one wouldn't normally exist. I don't want to see the "Oliver sandbag" become a regular thing in all matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back