Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hysterics place too much emphasis on the ability of humans to fix things that are beyond our control.

This is why most of them are rabid statists. I don't like xxx, so I want the government too implement yyy and enforce it upon zzz who doesn't share my views. Trumped up little tyrants hiding behind a veil made out of virtue signaling.

You have to chuckle about folks who take on the persona of some "learned" critic, whilst tabling no evidence of expertise in the process.

It's a special kind of arrogance, probably related to the ass kissing that accompanies moderator status on bigfooty.com. Immature folks start actually believing it.

Why should anyone take the slightest notice of this piss ant?
Better than posting supposed evidence from people with Bachelors degrees and others that have already been exposed as fraudulent.

Maybe. The biologist in the article seemed to think so.
Actually, what the article said is that die offs and breeding failures do occur sporadically ..but that ‘the magnitude, duration and spatial extent of this die off’. .. is ‘unprecedented and astonishing.’ (Same words being used by the experts with regard to the current bushfires.)
And yep, that’s the crucial part. It’s ok to bang on about natural cycles- we all understand that, but human activity is exacerbating it’s impact on those cycles and the frequency, nature and magnitude of them is changing. And not for the better.

99% of the species that ever existed on the earth are extinct.

95% of those became so in the largest mass extinction event to occur on this planet, about 250 million years ago. Was that event part of a natural cycle?
Don't remember. Look it up! I'm not your servant.

The leading hypothesis is that the end-Permian extinction was caused by massive volcanic eruptions that spewed more than 4 million cubic kilometers of lava over what is now known as the Siberian Traps, in Siberia, Russia. Such immense and sustained eruptions likely released huge amounts of sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide into the air, heating the atmosphere and acidifying the oceans.

So not really related to AGW

The leading hypothesis is that the end-Permian extinction was caused by massive volcanic eruptions that spewed more than 4 million cubic kilometers of lava over what is now known as the Siberian Traps, in Siberia, Russia. Such immense and sustained eruptions likely released huge amounts of sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide into the air, heating the atmosphere and acidifying the oceans.

So not really related to AGW

Yep. Very different planet today compared to 300 million years ago. Much more volatile back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in the 2005 article that I linked to.

Starvation is killing murres
Actually the biologist said abnormal weather patterns caused the food chain to break down. He referenced 100 birds dying, not 62,000 The 1993 die offs are associated with El Niños.
The bird watcher was the one who said it was part of the natural cycle.

Actually the biologist said abnormal weather patterns caused the food chain to break down. He referenced 100 birds dying, not 62,000 The 1993 die offs are associated with El Niños.
The bird watcher was the one who said it was part of the natural cycle.

I'll give you the birdwatcher bit.

1993 was starvation, same as 2015.

El Nino is a natural phenomenon affecting seasonal weather.

Is there a natural phenomenon I'm not aware of that is causing global warming

There are natural phenomenon occurring all the time just like they always have. We just don't hear about them so much anymore because they are constantly drowned out by the man made CO2 noise. Like for example, the recent phenomenon in the northern part of the Indian Ocean that has been driving our drought conditions on our East Coast whilst at the same time, delivering above average rainfall in Africa. This is just one example of many. Our planet and the interactions between our sun and oceans is very complex. The sun and our oceans are far more powerful than we ever will be. You can add Volcanoes to that as well as they can cause severe disruptions to climate but generally lasting a short period of time. Perhaps a few years or so like Pinatubo did.

I'll give you the birdwatcher bit.

1993 was starvation, same as 2015.

El Nino is a natural phenomenon affecting seasonal weather.
Yep and now apply your skills re cause and effect. Go and have another read of the article re 2015 and see if you can identify the reasons put forward as to why they starved. What impacted on the food chain? And why?

Last edited:
Yep and now apply your skills re cause and effect. Go and have another read of the article re 2015 and see if you can identify the reasons put forward as to why they starved. What impacted on the food chain? And why?

I've read it. It references anomalous sea conditions that occurred in 2015, including a large El Nino. It's a theory and not a new theory - see this article from 2016.
Not sure why it's being re-hashed now. Slow news days at alarmist headquarters?

Overfishing may also be a factor and is an issue that doesn't get enough of the spotlight.

There are natural phenomenon occurring all the time just like they always have. We just don't hear about them so much anymore because they are constantly drowned out by the man made CO2 noise. Like for example, the recent phenomenon in the northern part of the Indian Ocean that has been driving our drought conditions on our East Coast whilst at the same time, delivering above average rainfall in Africa.
We've heard about the IOD and the el nino effect quite a bit this year. We've also heard a bit about what they're likely to look like in the future.

This is just one example of many. Our planet and the interactions between our sun and oceans is very complex. The sun and our oceans are far more powerful than we ever will be. You can add Volcanoes to that as well as they can cause severe disruptions to climate but generally lasting a short period of time. Perhaps a few years or so like Pinatubo did.
This is such a lame argument.

I've read it. It references anomalous sea conditions that occurred in 2015, including a large El Nino. It's a theory and not a new theory - see this article from 2016.
Not sure why it's being re-hashed now. Slow news days at alarmist headquarters?

Overfishing may also be a factor and is an issue that doesn't get enough of the spotlight.
The article about the murre references ‘the blob’ -the most powerful marine heatwave on record, that created an enormous volume of water which had significantly higher temperatures than normal. And that in turn led to reduced plankton communities. This led to reduced availability in forage fish. So their diminished stocks affected the murres. The birds starved because their food supply was impacted upon.(by these changed climatic conditions.)
And anomalies of this scale, in terms of magnitude and duration, are trends that are occurring more frequently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back