Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake association? You mean like anyone who has an alternate view, including high credential scientists, being labeled 'denier' in a blatant attempt to conflate the issue with the holocaust.

The latest fake and quite unhinged association is 'climate predator' that tries to imply non-alarmists are like pedophiles.

The VAST majority of credible& credentialed scientists & the mass of data & analysis they've done shows the problem we have.

Its not a matter of opinion. Its called science.

The only 'fakes' are those sucked in by the FRWNJ & the carbon extraction industries who DGAF about the future.

Children shouldn't be skipping school and missing exams because Mummy, Daddy and some lefty teachers have filled their head with fear and outrage.

Once they reach adulthood and can make a calm, rational and informed opinion they are free to do what they want.

However it is not surprising at all to see left wing politicians, such as my states Premier, actively encouraging children to abandon their studies/exams and protest abouut an issue of which they only have the most basic understanding and where most of their opinions have been created by adults who watch Home and Away.
The Children are smarter than you ever will be. Just because they are young, does not mean they don't understand science unlike yourself. Loving your attempts to denigrate them though because you have an ideological fixation with coal and believe that the climate is controlled by god.

The Children are smarter than you ever will be. Just because they are young, does not mean they don't understand science unlike yourself. Loving your attempts to denigrate them though because you have an ideological fixation with coal and believe that the climate is controlled by god.

No-one is denigrating anyone, you little charmer.
Children should be in school and adults make the decisions.

I'll cop the coal slap, but it is hardly ideological.
More like practical after careful thought and analysis.

As for the God thing??

No-one is denigrating anyone, you little charmer.
Children should be in school and adults make the decisions.

I'll cop the coal slap, but it is hardly ideological.
More like practical after careful thought and analysis.

As for the God thing??
Coal is more practical? despite it actually costing more and polluting more? Careful thought is something I would not attribute to you after reading this and other threads. I'd say more like lack of thought combined with standard NIMBY/WHAT ABOUT THE FARMERS?!!?!@?!?!@/Hating change.

Coal is more practical? despite it actually costing more and polluting more? Careful thought is something I would not attribute to you after reading this and other threads. I'd say more like lack of thought combined with standard NIMBY/WHAT ABOUT THE FARMERS?!!?!@?!?!@/Hating change.

If man made climate change is real to the apocalyptic or catestrophic levels being claim, farmers would be the first to get on their soap box. Back to the real world though, it's not happening.

As far as I know this is the first time we have ever interacted on here...but
You know so much about me...which is just so cute.
Lurking behind me in the threads I post in.
Making baseless, very stupid, assumptions about my beliefs...like the God thing. lol.
Saying that I am less educated and dumber than children as a broad insult.

For a little guy who proclaims to be a fair far left-winger, who doesn't pre-judge people...you sure just made an arse of yourself.

What's next?

I'm a racist?
I mistreat animals?
My belief that children should be in school instead of on the street protesting on a school exam day is somehow kidpohobic?

I'm 100% sure that you'll come up with something.
Nice guy.

For a little guy who proclaims to be a fair far left-winger, who doesn't pre-judge people...you sure just made an arse of yourself.
Wait what? I claim to be far left wing? You realise people accuse me of that despite my voting record of Liberal/Democrats at all elections since I've been able to vote. Maybe farmers like yourself should get educated on climate change and just general English/reading comprehension.

If man made climate change is real to the apocalyptic or catestrophic levels being claim, farmers would be the first to get on their soap box. Back to the real world though, it's not happening.
A lot of farmers are, it's just not in the media every day and since the farmers are generally represented by the Nationals it is hard to distinguish them from the deniers in the NP/LNP.

Wait what? I claim to be far left wing? You realise people accuse me of that despite my voting record of Liberal/Democrats at all elections since I've been able to vote. Maybe farmers like yourself should get educated on climate change and just general English/reading comprehension.

And there you go, like i predicted, you found one.

As an actual farmer, and I 100% doubt that you've got any skin in the game whatsoever, you immediately claim that I'm uneducated.

Again.

Tell me how else we should be educated please?

You know, it's not as if we are more at mercy of the climate than...say...a junior, struggling engineer in London.

What would we possibly know when compared to an illuminary such as yourself?

And there you go, like i predicted, you found one.

As an actual farmer, and I 100% doubt that you've got any skin in the game whatsoever, you immediately claim that I'm uneducated.

Again.

Tell me how else we should be educated please?

You know, it's not as if we are more at mercy of the climate than...say...a junior, struggling engineer in London.

What would we possibly know when compared to an illuminary such as yourself?
lol trying to insult me based on nothing unlike my accurate calls based on your posting, good one. Bogan make insult good.

Insult YOU?

This is your first entry into this thread towards me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amid all the talk of an imminent planetary catastrophe caused by emissions of carbon dioxide, another fact is often ignored: global greening is happening faster than climate change. The amount of vegetation growing on the earth has been increasing every year for at least 30 years. The evidence comes from the growth rate of plants and from satellite data.

In 2016 a paper was published by 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries that analysed satellite data and concluded that there had been a roughly 14% increase in green vegetation over 30 years. The study attributed 70% of this increase to the extra carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The lead author on the study, Zaichun Zhu of Beijing University, says this is equivalent to adding a new continent of green vegetation twice the size of the mainland United States. Global greening has affected all ecosystems – from arctic tundra to coral reefs to plankton to tropical rain forests – but shows up most strongly in arid places like the Sahel region of Africa, where desertification has largely now reversed. This is because plants lose less water in the process of absorbing carbon dioxide if the concentration of carbon dioxide is higher. Ecosystems and farms will be less water-stressed at the end of this century than they are today during periods of low rainfall.

There should have been no surprise about this news. Thousands of experiments have been conducted over many years in which levels of CO2 had been increased over crops or wild ecosystems and boosted their growth. The owners of commercial greenhouses usually pump CO2 into the air to speed up the growth of plants. CO2 is plant food. This greening is good news. It means more food for insects and deer, for elephants and mice, for fish and whales. It means higher yields for farmers; indeed, the effect has probably added about $3 trillion to farm incomes over the last 30 years. So less land is needed to feed the human population and more can be spared for wildlife instead.

Yet this never gets mentioned. In their desperation to keep the fearmongering on track the activists who make a living off the climate change scare do their best to ignore this inconvenient truth. When they cannot avoid the subject, they say that greening is a temporary phenomenon that will reverse in the latter part of this century. The evidence for this claim comes from a few models fed with extreme assumptions, so it cannot be trusted.

Read more: https://humanprogress.org/article.php?p=2018

What do we do with all this extra plant matter?

Amid all the talk of an imminent planetary catastrophe caused by emissions of carbon dioxide, another fact is often ignored: global greening is happening faster than climate change. The amount of vegetation growing on the earth has been increasing every year for at least 30 years. The evidence comes from the growth rate of plants and from satellite data.

In 2016 a paper was published by 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries that analysed satellite data and concluded that there had been a roughly 14% increase in green vegetation over 30 years. The study attributed 70% of this increase to the extra carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The lead author on the study, Zaichun Zhu of Beijing University, says this is equivalent to adding a new continent of green vegetation twice the size of the mainland United States. Global greening has affected all ecosystems – from arctic tundra to coral reefs to plankton to tropical rain forests – but shows up most strongly in arid places like the Sahel region of Africa, where desertification has largely now reversed. This is because plants lose less water in the process of absorbing carbon dioxide if the concentration of carbon dioxide is higher. Ecosystems and farms will be less water-stressed at the end of this century than they are today during periods of low rainfall.

There should have been no surprise about this news. Thousands of experiments have been conducted over many years in which levels of CO2 had been increased over crops or wild ecosystems and boosted their growth. The owners of commercial greenhouses usually pump CO2 into the air to speed up the growth of plants. CO2 is plant food. This greening is good news. It means more food for insects and deer, for elephants and mice, for fish and whales. It means higher yields for farmers; indeed, the effect has probably added about $3 trillion to farm incomes over the last 30 years. So less land is needed to feed the human population and more can be spared for wildlife instead.

Yet this never gets mentioned. In their desperation to keep the fearmongering on track the activists who make a living off the climate change scare do their best to ignore this inconvenient truth. When they cannot avoid the subject, they say that greening is a temporary phenomenon that will reverse in the latter part of this century. The evidence for this claim comes from a few models fed with extreme assumptions, so it cannot be trusted.

Read more: https://humanprogress.org/article.php?p=2018
Such a poor article that over simplifies and doesn't take into account the science. I love how they put that he is a "scientist" down the bottom. It's like saying I'm an Engineer therefore I am the bastion of knowledge on aeronautical engineering, despite having NFI what is going on in that field. He studied Zoology.. not even close. He's also a staunch denier so it's no surprise he's taken the Tony Abbott approach of saying CO2 is a wonderful gas.

Such a poor article that over simplifies and doesn't take into account the science.

Oh boy, this will be good.

How did the 32 authors from 24 different institutions mislead us? Where do you have it right and NASA gets it wrong?

Such a poor article that over simplifies and doesn't take into account the science. I love how they put that he is a "scientist" down the bottom. It's like saying I'm an Engineer therefore I am the bastion of knowledge on aeronautical engineering, despite having NFI what is going on in that field. He studied Zoology.. not even close. He's also a staunch denier so it's no surprise he's taken the Tony Abbott approach of saying CO2 is a wonderful gas.

"In 2016 a paper was published by 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries that analysed satellite data and concluded that there had been a roughly 14% increase in green vegetation over 30 years. "

Edit: Snake beat me to it.

"In 2016 a paper was published by 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries that analysed satellite data and concluded that there had been a roughly 14% increase in green vegetation over 30 years. "

But, but, but 97% or something or other. 97%!!!

I was hoping he would quote you. this should be a good read....

Jumping the gun with the ignorant, generic primary emotional response as usual.

This problem won't get fixed by whiners, it will get fixed the way most problems get fixed, by scientists.

If you wanna fix global warming, then lobbying to raise scientific research funding is just about the only realistic solution to the problem. The whining demographic dissipates, when it gets past whinging at political power.

Don't get me wrong, there is a problem, but whinging on social media, and playing popularity politics isn't going to do a thing about it. How many of these types would make real sacrifices in personal comfort to facilitate a solution? How many of them are going to go to the root cause of the problem and STOP BREEDING? They're overwhelmingly just poseurs.

I never disputed that. No one has disputed that... the point is about the CO2 and what it does to plants. A basic understanding of science is all that is required.

The beneficial impacts of carbon dioxide on plants may also be limited, said co-author Dr. Philippe Ciais, associate director of the Laboratory of Climate and Environmental Sciences, Gif-suv-Yvette, France. “Studies have shown that plants acclimatize, or adjust, to rising carbon dioxide concentration and the fertilization effect diminishes over time.”

Literally in the same article... but ok let's ignore that because you know ignoring facts is important to the denial syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back