Media Clodswallop: Delivering Sweet F.A.

Remove this Banner Ad

In a bid to appease querulous lobbyists, our flimsy push-over of an Admin Clod has welcomed in some ill-considered half-baked threadbare Ring a Ring o' Rosie rigmarole Round. The lack of consideration and preparation applied to this motion is simply shameful - why not spend a little time developing something actually ceremonious and valued in the Sweet fixture, something that deserves to be ratified, rather than jankily shoe-horned in at the drop of a hat? As a feature piece of the season this venture could actually have some legs, and represent something more than a quick ClarkeMonies grab for a select few to get their rocks off. And the bloody teams involved?!? I'll be!! Three clubs that are grabbing at thin air for an identity, and one that is hell-bent on ramming their mortifyingly manufactured one down everybody's throats. The 'Gather Round' micro-assembly isn't localised to any particular place or lore in Sweet, they're not even playing on the same landmass. What about drawing upon some of history and lore of Sweet and its surrounds? Unimaginative dolts. If this lack of attention could be explained by serious involvement and dedication elsewhere, shitty dalliances like this could perhaps be excused. But from a figurehead who repeatedly fumbled the fixture days out from season launch, was AWOL for all of preseason, routinely does a baseless hack-job on League rules, and 'oversees' a committee rampantly manipulated by brigands, you have to wonder just what effort will ever be spared.

Clod and Clarko.png

Gil Clod departing for his bi-annual coffee conference with Clarko.

The Administrator has a history of these flippant maneuvers at the behest of others - the same person went behind the league's back to introduce a gender neutral SIM that nobody wanted, and sanctioned League punishments arrived at by random, rouletted input. It's embarrassing that so much fretting and hand-wringing is enacted around the supposed pillars of our League - the Committee, the fixture, the rules and tribunal jurisprudence, the systems of appeal - only for the reins to be yanked at by big-headed powerbrokers with tunnel-vision agendas. What a mockery.

I hope this enterprise can be worked on in future, having actual principles applied to it so it can become a cornerstone fixture and bring anticipation and momentum to all. Until then, I move that Cloddo be removed from the Hall of Fame.

P.S. Enable injuries.

In a bid to appease querulous lobbyists, our flimsy push-over of an Admin Clod has welcomed in some ill-considered half-baked threadbare Ring a Ring o' Rosie rigmarole Round. The lack of consideration and preparation applied to this motion is simply shameful - why not spend a little time developing something actually ceremonious and valued in the Sweet fixture, something that deserves to be ratified, rather than jankily shoe-horned in at the drop of a hat? As a feature piece of the season this venture could actually have some legs, and represent something more than a quick ClarkeMonies grab for a select few to get their rocks off. And the bloody teams involved?!? I'll be!! Three clubs that are grabbing at thin air for an identity, and one that is hell-bent on ramming their mortifyingly manufactured one down everybody's throats. The 'Gather Round' micro-assembly isn't localised to any particular place or lore in Sweet, they're not even playing on the same landmass. What about drawing upon some of history and lore of Sweet and its surrounds? Unimaginative dolts. If this lack of attention could be explained by serious involvement and dedication elsewhere, shitty dalliances like this could perhaps be excused. But from a figurehead who repeatedly fumbled the fixture days out from season launch, was AWOL for all of preseason, routinely does a baseless hack-job on League rules, and 'oversees' a committee rampantly manipulated by brigands, you have to wonder just what effort will ever be spared.

View attachment 1669047

Gil Clod departing for his bi-annual coffee conference with Clarko.

The Administrator has a history of these flippant maneuvers at the behest of others - the same person went behind the league's back to introduce a gender neutral SIM that nobody wanted, and sanctioned League punishments arrived at by random, rouletted input. It's embarrassing that so much fretting and hand-wringing is enacted around the supposed pillars of our League - the Committee, the fixture, the rules and tribunal jurisprudence, the systems of appeal - only for the reins to be yanked at by big-headed powerbrokers with tunnel-vision agendas. What a mockery.

I hope this enterprise can be worked on in future, having actual principles applied to it so it can become a cornerstone fixture and bring anticipation and momentum to all. Until then, I move that Cloddo be removed from the Hall of Fame.

P.S. Enable injuries.

Are you upset because The Bears weren’t invited?

I don’t mind the concept

Playing it during the pre season at neutral venue with a funny name sounds like a really original idea that could be a lot of fun

Definitely feels like a fresh idea that has never been done before

Fl1W7aOX0AAiyDv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a bid to appease querulous lobbyists, our flimsy push-over of an Admin Clod has welcomed in some ill-considered half-baked threadbare Ring a Ring o' Rosie rigmarole Round.
Josh, your tags did not work.

Also, you are wrong in the first sentence. I don't appease lobbyists, I seek them out. My Administration is about working tirelessly in favour of the interests of the 1% in the SFA and ensuring that the 1% continue to make all the decisions as has been the case for the past 10 seasons.

Injuries will not be getting activated because you are very much a part of the 99%.

I support the Clod initiative. It is just a trial with four teams having fun in the same thread. Let's see how it goes.
Great initiative with the four trendsetting teams a good match up, worth a shot and what can be lost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back