Remove this Banner Ad

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
FATHER-son candidate Travis Cloke is far from Collingwood-bound and could sign with Richmond next year, according to his father, David.

A 198cm left-footed big man, rated by some as a better prospect than brothers Jason and Cameron, Travis has already been told by Collingwood it will sign him at year's end.

But David Cloke said yesterday the fact all three boys would be competing for similar roles might jeopardise their chances of playing successfully together.

The family will weigh up each club's junior development program, as well as their willingness to let Travis seriously commit to Year 12 next year.

Richmond football director Geoff Miller has already scheduled one meeting with the Cloke family, signalling the Tigers' bold intentions to take Cloke from under the nose of Collingwood.

"There is no done deal, as some might people might think," David Cloke said.

"There are different things we have to weigh up. It would be nice to watch them play at one club -- that makes it easy -- but we have got to make a decision that is the best for him and his football.

"With the three boys all being talls, they could be eating into each other's (opportunities).

"Jason is more of a tall back that can play tall forward. Some say he can't, but he can (play forward). If he is given the opportunity to play more, he will be better.

"Cameron is more a tall forward, and Trav could play either end, so we need to understand what their feelings are that way."

David Cloke said there was some concern about Richmond's development of young talent, which he claimed "hasn't been real good".

He said there was no bitter ness with Richmond, which passed up the option of selecting Jason in the 2000 national draft and instead picked onballer Mark Coughlan with its second-round selection.

David Cloke plans to enter player management later this year, in part because of his disappointment with the lack of time agents commit to charting their players' futures after football.

"I have seen a lot of young kids who need advice or just guidance," he said. "I am not going into it to make a living -- I want to help the young fellas."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,8756772%5E19742,00.html

I'd be pretty happy if Travis chose Richmond. He's a nice kid who is very talented.
An added bonus would be having David back around the club, especially if he's going to become involved in the welfare of young players. Could be beneficial to how we develop our own young talent instead of chasing talent that has been developed elsewhere.

I would like travis, would also be a good way to **** eddie everywhere off, could you imagine the scandal, he would be jumping around screaming blue murder and demanding changes to the father son rule.

Might be eddies arrogance that could cost him the 3rd Cloke that would be sweet.

Firstly, I would be pleased to get Travis Cloke if only to shove it up the collective Collingwood clakka!

Secondly, I saw Cameron Cloke for the first time last night against Wet Toast and it was a very underwhelming performance! He doesn't look cut out for the top level.

Wouldn't that be something. We pick up Travis and Collingwood then delist Cameron!

Rasberries all round! :p

Originally posted by Rodan#18.
A good young tall for a third rounder. Any reason why not? :confused:

Yep.

Although Ive never seen him play, Im not impressed on Jasons performaces very much. I also saw the game against the Eagles and Camerons efforts didnt excite me much either.

Has anyone got a pic of him.?? Wheneva i think of Travis Cloke i always get the picture of that dude of Home and Away the one that is goin out with Dani sutherland. I dunno why but can sumone show me a pic of him or sumthing?

Also i thought he was a ruckman not a Kpp

Originally posted by evo
I was suprised when i read this in todays paper.Why is this even being discussed?

He 's 16 and it's February.

Surely we can't do anything about this before next November at the earliest.

We can put the paperwork through early. Steven Greene (Hawks) famously chose Hawthorn ahead of St Kilda a full 12 months before the draft. He actually played a full under-18 season after announcing the deal.

Roach signed for us well before the draft proper.

They don't officially become a player until after the draft, but the deal can be done earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the 3rd cloke would be a good addition to our list. I think the only reason collingwood would want him would be to stick it up the yellow and black. I can never imagine them playing the 3 of them in the same team. All one dimensional. Eddie is a tosser who thinks the world in black and white!!!

The general consensus is that the youngest Cloke (Travis) is the most talented one. Versatile, skillfull and not a bad kick (this is REALLY good as the Clokes are not known for being great kicks). If we are to be tormented by any Clokes, this is the Cloke to have.

However, the Clokes are very close as a family and I cannot see the parents separating the kids.

Having met all the Clokes except for Travis, I can only hope and pray that if we do get Travis, can we get a condition in his contract that his idiot father keeps his mouth shut regarding how the coach plays his son? :)

Oh, I can only hope Travis has more personality than the rest of the family as David, Jason and Cameron are not the nicest people in the football community.

While it would be great to get Travis, I suspect any talks the Clokes have with Richmond would to increase their bargaining power for a better deal with Collingwood.

My cousin's daughter went to school with Travis, and there is no doubt he is the best of the 3 as she use to talk to him (and stir him up if CFC lost to RFC). The funny thing is the first 2 brothers were mad Richmond supporters before they joined Colliwobbles, and Travis is a mad Pie suppoter. It would be ironic if Travis ends up at RFC.

Originally posted by Crumden
While it would be great to get Travis, I suspect any talks the Clokes have with Richmond would to increase their bargaining power for a better deal with Collingwood.
exactly crumden.afterall david cloke was sheeds teamate:D

cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back