Roast Club Traitors: the new list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Over the years we've had a few threads about players that were considered traitors by club supporters.

Post the players and the reason for their addition and I will create TEH ULTIMAYT LIST!!!

Some past threads to cut your teeth on:

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Luke Ball and Max Hudghton for defecting to the Pies after Lyon pissed them off and helping the Pies beat the Saints in the 2010 GF.

Still love Maxie though....

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Luke Ball and Max Hudghton for defecting to the Pies after Lyon pissed them off and helping the Pies beat the Saints in the 2010 GF.

Still love Maxie though....
That's not being a traitor.

I'll go the obvious one from a Melbourne POV: Tom Scully

Lied to an ill Jim Stynes.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ryder refused to go anywhere but Port completely burnt the club
That's no different to any other player from any club that requests a trade, is it? They nominate their desired club and their old club basically has to make the best deal they can with that club or just go **** themselves. Players have way too much power relative to clubs when it comes to player movement.

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Ryan Griffen is a notable one of recent memory.
Yep - I think he lied to Chris Grant, walked out on the club, went pig shooting, refused to take phone calls, nominated a single club and tried to bend us over the barrel.

Now - we had our issues then too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

banzai

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack Higgins.
Supported him through his issues then decided it was too tough to break into our side and took the easy option.
I think thats harsh, once you have already missed out on multiple premierships at a club it would be hard to ever really feel apart of it. For example even if he stays this year and plays in a flag he wouldnt get any credit compared to the player that have played in 3 or 4. I could understand a player leaving in that situation.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll go the obvious one from a Melbourne POV: Tom Scully
Lied to an ill Jim Stynes.
Pathetic. The guy actually tried to lift the standard of professionalism at the club from his very first year! How would you feel if a pre season trip to China descended into a drunken junket and a chain smoking idiot with next to no dietary/conditioning aptitude barfed on you!?
What was he meant to say to Stynes anyway? "This club is a pathetic tanking basketcase and I can't wait to see the back of it!"

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
The guy actually tried to lift the standard of professionalism at the club from his very first year! How would you feel if a pre season trip to China descended into a drunken junket and a chain smoking idiot with next to no dietary/conditioning aptitude barfed on you!?
Hold on a second, that "chain-smoking idiot" is a 3xAA legend of the Melbourne football club.

Being vomited on by Gawnie is the best thing that happened to Scully in his career. He should be grateful.

Remove this Banner Ad