List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you provide any links to papers/afl site that say we’re looking to trade our first? This is the first I’ve heard of it...

Just look up Steve May Trade

It does make some sense to look at trading our 1st round though if we think a bid will come early for Quaynor and/or Kelly.

I'm not sure about this. As I understand it, if a bid comes for IQ before our 1st round pick we get to choose if we'll match. If he's seen as worth it then we use our 1st round pick. If we trade it out then we would by necessity use 1 of our (current) 3rd round picks. But there's a points deficit somewhere that will still need to be addressed isn't there? Wouldn't that be subtracted from our 2019 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick?

The Sydney 3rd round pick is currently pick 47 (316 points) or 48 (302 points). Even with the 197 point discount we receive that still only allows us match somewhere up to a very late 2nd rounder. Anything prior to that will impact 2019 picks. An early 2nd round bid matched could as I understand it see 1 of our 2018 3rd round picks used AND our 2019 2nd round pick drop down into the 4th round. Anything higher could see it slide to the 5th round.

I'm not sure about this. As I understand it, if a bid comes for IQ before our 1st round pick we get to choose if we'll match. If he's seen as worth it then we use our 1st round pick. If we trade it out then we would by necessity use 1 of our (current) 3rd round picks. But there's a points deficit somewhere that will still need to be addressed isn't there? Wouldn't that be subtracted from our 2019 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick?

The Sydney 3rd round pick is currently pick 47 (316 points) or 48 (302 points). Even with the 197 point discount we receive that still only allows us match somewhere up to a very late 2nd rounder. Anything prior to that will impact 2019 picks. An early 2nd round bid matched could as I understand it see 1 of our 2018 3rd round picks used AND our 2019 2nd round pick drop down into the 4th round. Anything higher could see it slide to the 5th round.

I think we would have to use the 2 third rounders to match if we didn't have the first. We'd then slide back a bit in the order and it could cause a problem with Kelly. Guess any compensation for Fasolo may come into play here also.

It's a dangerous game to play no doubt with both Kelly and Quaynor probably coming on more than we expected this year when we decided to move the 2nd round back to a 3rd.

There's a bit to play out here and May and Moore will be central to this. If May wants to get to Pies, then our first round and something else could go to the Suns and we could get a 2nd or 3rd back to help us with the points we need. As it stands right now the Suns have 4 picks from 26 to 41 and with Lynch compo, our first for May and whatever they get for Aaron Hall I don''t expect they will use all the 3rd and 4th round picks.

I think we would have to use the 2 third rounders to match if we didn't have the first. We'd then slide back a bit in the order and it could cause a problem with Kelly. Guess any compensation for Fasolo may come into play here also.

It's a dangerous game to play no doubt with both Kelly and Quaynor probably coming on more than we expected this year when we decided to move the 2nd round back to a 3rd.

There's a bit to play out here and May and Moore will be central to this. If May wants to get to Pies, then our first round and something else could go to the Suns and we could get a 2nd or 3rd back to help us with the points we need. As it stands right now the Suns have 4 picks from 26 to 41 and with Lynch compo, our first for May and whatever they get for Aaron Hall I don''t expect they will use all the 3rd and 4th round picks.

As I understand it, they've changed the system so that now you can only go into a draft with as many picks as you have list spots. If that's so then how can you then use multiple picks on 1 selection? Doesn't that mean you can't then fill your list?

As I understand it, they've changed the system so that now you can only go into a draft with as many picks as you have list spots. If that's so then how can you then use multiple picks on 1 selection? Doesn't that mean you can't then fill your list?

I think what they do is allocate you a pick in the draft based on remaining points.

As a rough example, if we needed 500 points to match a bid and our next two picks equaled 550 points, we'd use those two picks and then be given another pick based on our remaining 50 points which might be a 4th or 5th round.

As it stands now with Quaynor and Kelly we probably need a 2nd or another 3rd round pick I reckon, regardless of whether we trade or use our Round 1 pick (unless a bid for one of them comes in the top 15).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wraith looks better as a ruck than he did as a backman

Problem is we have good Depth at Ruck Position.

Can he be a Cat-B Rookie? I think he can IF not Picked in National Draft(Which he Won't)

Problem is we have good Depth at Ruck Position.

Can he be a Cat-B Rookie? I think he can IF not Picked in National Draft(Which he Won't)
Don’t think so, think someone said if not picked properly play as an overage player

Don’t think so, think someone said if not picked properly play as an overage player

IF we can't be a Cat-B then being a Overager be the best thing for Wraith

Any academy player not picked in the ND is able to be taken as a cat b rookie by their club.

Any academy player not picked in the ND is able to be taken as a cat b rookie by their club.

Then I might take a Punt of Wraith as he is won't be Part of Main List

Ok, but is he playing good enough to do so, not sure.

Would be surprised to see him get a bid. Has only showed form playing in the ruck and he would be an undersized ruck at AFL level.
Agree from what l have seem, l don’t think he will be picked up this year.

Ok, but is he playing good enough to do so, not sure.
If the club feels that there is scope for development then I don’t see why we wouldn’t grab him as a cat B. There’s a spot available, he doesn’t get counted in the salary cap, there’s literally nothing to lose by taking him. If we pass on him and he becomes draftable next year then suddenly we actually have to pay something for him and he’s included in the cap. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back