List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt anyone has seen him enough that he would be any consideration Dave. Not even our recruiters. Apart from if they saw any school footy. Not really enough to go on.

Might be the type they can throw a Cat B rookie spot at (if that's still allowed in a post-covid world) with Madge having to vacate his spot this year. Assuming off course they've something that might merit that in his school footy.

Might be the type they can throw a Cat B rookie spot at (if that's still allowed in a post-covid world) with Madge having to vacate his spot this year. Assuming off course they've something that might merit that in his school footy.
Yeah, I think there will be the main list plus 2 rookies. (A or B? who knows..)

I doubt anyone has seen him enough that he would be any consideration Dave. Not even our recruiters. Apart from if they saw any school footy. Not really enough to go on.

Be quite a few that might get Drafted that might not played a lot

Espically from Victoria
yes, thats where most of the pool comes from. But it will also all depend on how many picks allowed/what list sizes will be. Just an unfortunate consequence.
But those good enough players that has shown something last year will be.

yes, thats where most of the pool comes from. But it will also all depend on how many picks allowed/what list sizes will be. Just an unfortunate consequence.

and Players that Team really Rate there Upside

I think next year will end up being one of the best drafts in memory. It was already being talked up as a super draft, but with the addition of kids who miss out this year because of lack of exposure, there could be some seriously good talent available at later picks.

I think next year will end up being one of the best drafts in memory. It was already being talked up as a super draft, but with the addition of kids who miss out this year because of lack of exposure, there could be some seriously good talent available at later picks.
It could very well be. Even before covid hit, it was said it was meant to bat quite deep. But now with quality players this year likely to miss out and will make a case for themselves next year, the draft will be something special. Maybe the better than 2018.

It could very well be. Even before covid hit, it was said it was meant to bat quite deep. But now with quality players this year likely to miss out and will make a case for themselves next year, the draft will be something special. Maybe the better than 2018.

Maybe be a Draft Teams will make sure they have 3+ more picks in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone already mentioned this here on BF and I liked the idea. Why should Sydney and Brisbane have the advantage of Academies when they are old enough now to take advantage of father son/girls rules. Keep the Academies but only for the young club's like Gold Coast and Western Sydney. Makes sense to me..

Someone already mentioned this here on BF and I liked the idea. Why should Sydney and Brisbane have the advantage of Academies when they are old enough now to take advantage of father son/girls rules. Keep the Academies but only for the young club's like Gold Coast and Western Sydney. Makes sense to me..

Because the AFL want them to Succeed as IF they Suck then no one in NSW or QLD would give a F**k about them.

They still think there is Millions to be made in these 2 States.

Just Straight Out Cheating the Draft

Because the AFL want them to Succeed as IF they Suck then no one in NSW or QLD would give a F**k about them.

They still think there is Millions to be made in these 2 States.

Just Straight Out Cheating the Draft
I have quite a few friends up north td - apart from their supporters nobody in NSW and QLD give a fck about them now.
NSW and QLD have a long and rich history of Rugby and AFL is an outside imposed sport and a deeply resented invader.
Always will be.

I have quite a few friends up north td - apart from their supporters nobody in NSW and QLD give a fck about them now.
NSW and QLD have a long and rich history of Rugby and AFL is an outside imposed sport and a deeply resented invader.
Always will be.

Agree but the Idiots at AFL House don't get it

Seems to be to keep developing and keeping talent in those area, because of the whole rugby state developing areas type thing. But I totally agree though.

Always will be.
LOL “imposed sport”. Like for your one hour of daily exercise in the courtyard, while overseen by guards toting automatic rifles?

We better hope Dib is not top 10 next year... But can't say I blame them for changing it. With covid impacting clubs, they won't be putting as much $$ into the academy going forward.

Next Generation Academy Concessions

From 2021, Next Generation Academies (NGAs) - targeting Indigenous and multicultural players - will be overseen by the AFL Talent Pathway program with support from AFL Clubs. As part of this change, the AFL Commission determined that the concession model for NGAs be revised to reflect this.

The following changes to the NGA concession model ahead of the 2021 and 2022 NAB AFL Drafts will be as follows:

• From 2021, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 21 in the NAB AFL Draft. All other players selected from Pick 41 onwards can be matched by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.
  • From 2022, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 41 onwards by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.
This model allows for elite talent to be available to all AFL Clubs while still ensuring late prospects can find their way onto an AFL list and continue their relationship with the respective Club that has been supporting them.

A summary of changes can be found in the table below:

RoundCurrent20212022
1st Round (Pick 1 – 20)20% discountNo accessNo access
2nd Round (Pick 21 – 40)197 points197 pointsNo access
3rd Round (Pick 41 - 60)197 pointsUse next available selectionUse next available selection
4th Round (Pick 61 +)197 pointsUse next available selectionUse next available selection
Rookie ListAny undrafted playerAny undrafted playerAny undrafted player

We better hope Dib is not top 10 next year... But can't say I blame them for changing it. With covid impacting clubs, they won't be putting as much $$ into the academy going forward.

From 2021, Next Generation Academies (NGAs) - targeting Indigenous and multicultural players - will be overseen by the AFL Talent Pathway program with support from AFL Clubs. As part of this change, the AFL Commission determined that the concession model for NGAs be revised to reflect this.

The following changes to the NGA concession model ahead of the 2021 and 2022 NAB AFL Drafts will be as follows:

• From 2021, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 21 in the NAB AFL Draft. All other players selected from Pick 41 onwards can be matched by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.
  • From 2022, nominated NGA prospects will only be eligible to be matched from Pick 41 onwards by their Club using their next available selection, while undrafted players are still eligible to pre-selected on the rookie list.
This model allows for elite talent to be available to all AFL Clubs while still ensuring late prospects can find their way onto an AFL list and continue their relationship with the respective Club that has been supporting them.

RoundCurrent20212022
3rd Round (Pick 41 - 60)197 pointsUse next available selectionUse next available selection
4th Round (Pick 61 +)197 pointsUse next available selectionUse next available selection

At this point dib is looking like he’ll be 30+, so should be all good, which is a relief really, because we’re not going to have much in the way of picks after Daicos anyway. If we can get Nick and then Dib with a couple of late picks then that’s a win.

RoundCurrent20212022

But why can't the Northern States keep there Acadameies and they not making it a Ton.

Southern State side barley do anything to do with Acadamies now. As be waste of Time and Money on it with little Return at Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back