List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a guess that there aren't any scouts who don't think young Tom won't be on an AFL list in 18 months time, just spitting truths.

No one here doesn't think he won't be picked up next year.
giphy.gif

At 172cm and 58kg, those recruiters were well within their rights to have doubts on him 12 month's ago. Why are you using last years assessment as a guide to this and next years assessment. No one here doesn't think he won't be picked up next year. It seems you are arguing for the sake of it.
Late rookie at best, I’m sure I heard that from a mate who heard from his pet turtle and we’ll only pick him up because of his name not because of any talent. I heard he had dodgy knees and a bit of an attitude problem. :cool:

…………..shhhhh! Nothing to see here

Too late to hide him the cat,s out of the bag regarding Thomas,we just have to accept if he keeps getting better we will have others bidding on him that is inevitable.

When I first noticed him 2 yrs ago he was very skinny but was a bit there you could see it but he is growing into his body well if you take it he is already at the coalface against boys 18mths or even 2 yrs older.

18 mths from his draft time I do not think we will be complaining about what we had to pay for him just thanking our lucky stars that Mick played for us.

Too late to hide him the cat,s out of the bag regarding Thomas,we just have to accept if he keeps getting better we will have others bidding on him that is inevitable.

When I first noticed him 2 yrs ago he was very skinny but was a bit there you could see it but he is growing into his body well if you take it he is already at the coalface against boys 18mths or even 2 yrs older.

18 mths from his draft time I do not think we will be complaining about what we had to pay for him just thanking our lucky stars that Mick played for us.
Gladly wait for another 7 bounce goal to be repeated against the scum..🤣

I’d rather he performs well and becomes an early selection and likely gun than have him be a later speculative “cheap” pick and then hope to god he comes good like we did with Josh Daicos. Not that it wouldn’t be amazing if it turned out that way, but Josh is the exception, not the norm.

I’d rather he performs well and becomes an early selection and likely gun than have him be a later speculative “cheap” pick and then hope to god he comes good like we did with Josh Daicos. Not that it wouldn’t be amazing if it turned out that way, but Josh is the exception, not the norm.

Spot on. Would be unreal if he shot into top 10 calculations.
Just imagube alk the haters getting upset about another pies father son gun.
Music to the ears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope they learnt from the Nick Daicos pick 2 debacle and don't panic sell the first rounder off for bread crumbs early.

Keep the pick and trade it once you know finish position or an offer too good comes in.

But given recent history the club is a bit addicted to the futures trading market gamble...

Let's hope they learnt from the Nick Daicos pick 2 debacle and don't panic sell the first rounder off for bread crumbs early.

Keep the pick and trade it once you know finish position or an offer too good comes in.

But given recent history the club is a bit addicted to the futures trading market gamble...
You can't avoid the gamble, trade the year before the value of the pick your trading out
Trade the next you you know your pick but you don't know the real picks of future picks trading in.

You can't avoid the gamble, trade the year before the value of the pick your trading out
Trade the next you you know your pick but you don't know the real picks of future picks trading in.
The problem is they are looking at changing the rules regarding points, again!! Clubs got upset with GC using so many crap picks to get their first round picks. The whisper is that to get f/s or academy in the future you need to have a pick in that round and use other picks to make up the points. So if we had 2 potential 1st round f/s or Academy picks we must have 2 1st round picks.

It's not a gamble to trade picks you know the value of, not just having the option to trade pre draft but live on draft day.

Had we done that with ND we would of took pick 2 into the draft, North were always committed to JHF.
So we either use it (Cadman) or trade down for greater pick variations.

The gamble trading future picks lies in the teams unkown fortunes and what the trading club feels your list is capable of.

Thomas looking more like a first rounder. Expecting a tightening of the F/S rules (needs to be Academy as well) which I think have always been crap, would hope they stay pretty favourable for at least one more year though.

On the other front we're hoping for a relaxing of the NGA rules in case we need it for Q2.

Thomas looking more like a first rounder. Expecting a tightening of the F/S rules (needs to be Academy as well) which I think have always been crap, would hope they stay pretty favourable for at least one more year though.

On the other front we're hoping for a relaxing of the NGA rules in case we need it for Q2.

I hope they leave FS alone. Whilst it's true we have benefited it is a Greta part of our game. In fact I think they should loosen eligibility to include premiership players that dont make the 100 game cut off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back