Opinion Collingwood is a Corporation and not a Footy Club

Remove this Banner Ad

There needs to be an opponent willing to take him on first. He has never had to face reelection.
How many on the current board have? But if he did have an opponent who had some nous I'd vote for them.
Ed's been there too long. Time for fresh ideas & to lose the jobs for the boys mentality we now have.

Agree. Way to much of a Boys Club now at Collingwood

I would do what Blues did after MM Failed. Gut the Club from Board Down

Most of the current Carlton board have been there since before MM was coach.

Yes but Change came early the Year he got Sacked

My point is that the board wasn't gutted, they are still there. If Bolton fails they will sack him too.

My point is that the board wasn't gutted, they are still there. If Bolton fails they will sack him too.

Well there was at least Change at President and a Few Changes on the Board. Same thing needs to happen at Collingwood

Well there was at least Change at President and a Few Changes on the Board. Same thing needs to happen at Collingwood

Pratt_Feb16.jpg

In part.. yes.
He may have cost us a premiership or 2 though.
We have only seen 1 premiership in 20 yrs.

Next time you talk to him, suggest that second point. See what reaction you get.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hell if I care what reaction I get.. I know what I know.

It is your opinion not a fact. The man who cost us the 2011 premiership was Mick. The same man who almost won us the impossible premiership in 2002. In regard to Buckley, if he doesn't walk then Ed will sack him. Not yet though.

It is your opinion not a fact. The man who cost us the 2011 premiership was Mick. The same man who almost won us the impossible premiership in 2002. In regard to Buckley, if he doesn't walk then Ed will sack him. Not yet though.

Mate.. i understand what Eddies done. He's been fantastic in terms of getting world class facilities up and running.. sponsorships.. etc.

But as a supporter.. i couldn't care less is they train and live in facilities that rival Dubai. I don't give a s**t if we're swimming in it.

Ultimately all his work has amounted to 1 premiership in 20 yrs.

We all seem to want to target MM.. you're so naive to think all 3 parties did not play their part. Ed Bucks and MM.

You seem to deliberately want to use the fact that words can be 'lost in translation' to add weight to your argument when you reply to my posts.

When I'm being jovial.. you know that.. yet it gives you the opportunity to reply as if I'm being serious.

Take your politics elsewhere.

You seem to deliberately want to use the fact that words can be 'lost in translation' to add weight to your argument when you reply to my posts.

When I'm being jovial.. you know that.. yet it gives you the opportunity to reply as if I'm being serious.

Take your politics elsewhere.

No.

I remember the "match day experience" being....talking to my family/friends about what we were about to see.
At the first break, half time, three quarter time talking to my family/friends and importantly, opposition supporters around me, about what we have seen and what we expect to see.
I said something very similar on Saturday after yelling out turn this crap off, (kiss cam etc).
People lead busy lives and are constantly bombarded with "stuff".
A bit of peace and quiet in the breaks might do them some good.

I have to agree, some of the life/fun/atmosphere has been totally sucked out of the match day experience. Some of that may be results but I remember going to games in 98/99 & 04/05 and it never felt as hollow.

Kiss cam and dance cam don't do it for you?

They have lost it big time. Why have we got a netball side? We should be focusing on football and football only. We dont need to branch out. It's distracting us from our main focus, winning football games

By pure speculation ....but given Eddie involvement with Melbourne Stars, you would have to think a Collingood Cricket club has been workshopped by now.

Always a big fan of Eddie. He has written himself into the Collingwood history books for all the right reasons. But its time for a change IMO. He has way too much influence in the big decisions for on-field results ... e.g. picking the coach and he always will. He does it because its in his nature and he is doing it for what he thinks is best for the club. He picked MM and he picked Bucks.

But for a club that spruiks itself as the biggest club in the country how the heck are we in this position? When Bucks goes, who will Eddie hand pick for the job? Does anyone truly think he won't have an influence?

I get the Side by Side mantra - I really do, its great. But i also believe not one person is bigger than the club. And Eddie is bigger than the Collingwood FC whether you like it not.

Just hire a team of professionals to pick a coach and board signs off on it. That's all Eddie's involvement should be. IMO. And then maybe we'll start winning again.

Staggering that we now get confirmation that Collingwood (Pert and Eddie) actually requested that we play a third game in 12 days (Carlton game) instead of having the game on the SUnday as the AFL actually offered.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/9e667b01b34ce45cb765f6964711ed98

COLLINGWOOD chief executive Gary Pert says the club has no regrets over the scheduling request which handed the Magpies three games in 12 days.

Coach Nathan Buckley said the taxing schedule was a factor in the team’s disappointing loss to Carlton on Saturday, declaring “you’d have to be blind to the reality or ignorant of that if you thought it had no influence” on the result.

However, Collingwood was chiefly responsible for the shortened six-day break last week after requesting to play Carlton on Saturday, rather than Sunday, to help commemorate the club’s 125th year celebrations.

All so we could have a gala ball on the Saturday night.

Wow, just wow. Wells probably plays if it's a 7 day break and Treloar obviously would have benefited from an extras day break too.

As I've said before I don't give a s**t about balls, or functions, or pandering to our rich fans and sponsors, I WANT A FOOTBALL CLUB THAT WINS GAMES.

We don't, and it's utterly stupid decisions like this that are helping in making the club we love, a laughing stock.

Like it or not footy is a business and needs to be run like any other corporation, even though we are a membership based organisation. My gripe is the lack of accountability at the most senior levels, and critically not having renewal at board level to bring some fresh eyes into the organisation. When Ed considered giving it away last year after a loss and went home and consulted his sons he completely lost me.

I personally know one of the directors and this persons main interest is in driving the Collingwood brand into something that is globally recognisable not football!!

Cant fathom the approach myself. Every director should bleed black and white and be consumed with winning games of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back