List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

apparantely he wanted to come back. We said no.

Who said no? This is that guy watching today's game.

48606c285e3362d5c2c86de75411f60d.gif

Or maybe we didnt have a list spot. Who knows. But I saw him at one of our pre-season games, and a friend of mine had a chat to him and said "you should be out there." and he was like "I wish."

The sad thing is we’ll likely never get to see Checkers in a 9th or 10th season which were Mooney’s best years but pound for pound across their first 7 seasons (Checkers current year), and even across their careers in totality, I’d take Checkers in a heartbeat. He’s just been so much more consistent.
Not unreasonble over their careers but the discussion was about Geelongs KPF strength 2007-11

Just looked at the scoreline and stats. Adelaide barely scored and none of Keane's 11 marks were contested. Did he play well or did they just park the bus and play keepings off amongst their defenders?

Yep. Keane can stay in SA from what I saw.
I thought Adelaide would be good this year, but what are they doing? Keane's stats by themself say enough to me - 27 possessions, 3 contested, 11 marks, zero contested 92% efficency. Stats read well at a glance. But jeez they must be playing boring stuff for him to get those stats.

I thought Adelaide would be good this year, but what are they doing? Keane's stats by themself say enough to me - 27 possessions, 3 contested, 11 marks, zero contested 92% efficency. Stats read well at a glance. But jeez they must be playing boring stuff for him to get those stats.
I thought they would be much better this year too. They look a mess tbh. I thought Dockers would be worse than last year, but they look to have improved, lol.

I'm shocked with Keane's stats, because I honestly didn't notice him at all, that's how impactful he was. I think he got most of his possessions when Crows were kicking it around after a Docker point 😆

I thought they would be much better this year too. They look a mess tbh. I thought Dockers would be worse than last year, but they look to have improved, lol.

I'm shocked with Keane's stats, because I honestly didn't notice him at all, that's how impactful he was. I think he got most of his possessions when Crows were kicking it around after a Docker point 😆
I didn't watch it, but when you think about those stats. It's got to be a safe side-wise kick to him and then for him to have such a high disposal efficiency it's got to be either safe and sdieways/backwards or just long down the line. If a defender other than a playmaker is getting that many uncontested marks and possessions - your system and ball movement has got to be as stodgy as * - hence less than 40 points scored.

I didn't watch it, but when you think about those stats. It's got to be a safe side-wise kick to him and then for him to have such a high disposal efficiency it's got to be either safe and sdieways/backwards or just long down the line. If a defender other than a playmaker is getting that many uncontested marks and possessions - your system and ball movement has got to be as stodgy as * - hence less than 40 points scored.

428 metres gained, the third most of any Crow, and only five Dockers gained more metres.
But Keane's DE% was better than all of them. Impressive considering there were 19 kicks amongst his 26 touches. Not bad for a big fella.

The Dockers only kicked 9 goals today, so it wasn't defence that lost it for the Crows.

I'm not advocating a return, or bemoaning that he's no longer a Magpie, just pointing out his game was efficient but not flashy.
Probably a 'blue moon' game for the big man, but I noticed.

He's not for us anyway. I wish him well. Moving on.

There isn’t a player in the afl less suited to our list than Jack Macrae. Literally.

Our midfield is already slow and old
He still has quite a few years left in him and is a decent player. Wouldn’t mind him for a few years on the wing if bulldogs are willing and will need to pay some of his salary regardless. Potentially replacing Sidey

He still has quite a few years left in him and is a decent player. Wouldn’t mind him for a few years on the wing if bulldogs are willing and will need to pay some of his salary regardless. Potentially replacing Sidey

We need to target younger players, not 30 year old slow midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really to be fair. Our list age is heavily inflated by only quite a few players especially such as Pendlebury and Sidebottom. Others are still quite young especially our core of players. Topping the experienced ones up will be essential hence I think Macrae would be a valuable pick up. We desperately do need a couple young key position players hopefully Charlie Dean can find something. Players over 30 really are Elliott, Mihocek, Pendles, Sidey, Crisp and Mitchell.

428 metres gained, the third most of any Crow, and only five Dockers gained more metres.
But Keane's DE% was better than all of them. Impressive considering there were 19 kicks amongst his 26 touches. Not bad for a big fella.

The Dockers only kicked 9 goals today, so it wasn't defence that lost it for the Crows.

I'm not advocating a return, or bemoaning that he's no longer a Magpie, just pointing out his game was efficient but not flashy.
Probably a 'blue moon' game for the big man, but I noticed.

He's not for us anyway. I wish him well. Moving on.
Kick it sideways to a bloke and if that bloke goes back behind his mark and kicks it down the line to a pack, hes gotten a mark and added 50 metres with an effective kick, but his stat was pointless.

I didn't watch it, but those stats suggest to me that the crows were playing junk pointless footy. You don't have that many uncontested marks and use it with that percentage if the team is trying to attack - unless it's Sicily having a blinder and kicking through a press - in which case it's even more metres gained a much bigger score for the team.

Last edited:
You can do both. If Pendles and Sidey retire, we can add a plodder straight into a key role to fill a hole whilst kids are still developing.

Hopefully Finn, Sullivan, Harrison Allan kick on this year so it isn't necessary, but I wouldn't be banking on it and would be talking to Jack. He'd cost nothing and could be a very effective stop gap - like Titch has been.

Not sure how many times I need to say this - Geel are said to have the best recruiters in the game and had a gun KPF for close to 15 years.
And yet inclusive of 2010 they have won the same number of flags as Coll.
So please let’s end this absurd debate that our recruiters are crap and had they found KPF’s we’d now have more flags.
Geel have had both for 15 - and not achieved a dynasty.

People need to stop with these simplistic arguments.
I don’t know who you think you are, but I can write whatever argument I want, no matter if it’s simplistic or not. You’re not going to stop me.

You can do both. If Pendles and Sidey retire, we can add a plodder straight into a key role to fill a hole whilst kids are still developing.
You had me at “plodder”.

giphy.gif

Young already dropped for Weitering to return.

Be nice to raid their depth also.
Young would be a handy addition, however he’s contracted until the end of 2026. The trade price could be prohibitive.

Carlton, annoyingly, seems to have built quite a balanced list. They don’t have too many areas on the field where they don’t have quality or capable back-ups.

Kick it sideways to a bloke and if that bloke goes back behind his mark and kicks it down the line to a pack, hes gotten a mark and added 50 metres with an effective kick, but his stat was pointless.

I didn't watch it, but those stats suggest to me that the crows were playing junk pointless footy. You don't have that many uncontested marks and use it with that percentage if the team is trying to attack - unless it's Sicily having a blinder and kicking through a press - in which case it's even more metres gained a much bigger score for the team.

Pointless arguing with you, when I couldn't care less about Keane, and you didn't even watch the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back