What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing more certain he will be a Cat

I have a feeling we are a chance to get screwed with Trelor

The deal hasn't been done. The only thing that can get screwed in relation to Treloar are our expectations. I think that we should expect less.

Pretty interesting article about how we could feasibly get Treloar and Dangerfield!!! (presuming Adelaide matches any offer)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/08/25/where-to-for-patrick-dangerfield/

However if the persistent rumours of Treloar prove to be true, and the Magpies trade their first round draft pick for him, a Dangerfield move to Collingwood could still be possible.

Aish could be on traded to Adelaide for Collingwood’s second round draft pick and a player (possibly Paul Seedsman), while his good mate Scharenberg would join him.

Adelaide get two local boys who were both first round picks, Greater Western Sydney get an important first round selection in this year’s national draft, which they would use for one of their academy players, while the Lions receive a second round draft pick and a player.

And of course the Magpies get Dangerfield and Treloar.

Would you give up Scharenberg and Aish for Danger? I think I would. Danger and Treloar are known quantities and we would be an instant premiership contender. Imagine Swan, Pendles, Danger, Treloar rotating mid and forward!
I would throw in the kitchen sink and anything else not bolted down for those two.

Last edited:
I am not sure we could afford Treloar and Danger. Treloar will be about 700k and Danger over 1mio.

We then have our players on decent coin like Pendles, Cloke, Reid?, Sidey? among any others i have forgotten.

However i am very confident we get Treloar and Aish.

Could we fit Treloar and Danger into our cap? Front end one, back end the other for example?
Dangerfield is the exception, that elite talent, yes you would have to see what we had to give up to get the danger.
Getting both danger and Treloar that's time to wet yourself.

I have read through this thread and it has been very informative. Basically to save others reading through the thread I have made a quick summary below dividing the information into "good news" and "bad news"

GOOD NEWS

There is a very good chance the the trade period will see us picking up
Treloar
Carlisle
Dangerfield
Kruzer
Aish
And Shazza is almost certain to stay

BAD NEWS

We probably will not be picking up
Treloar
Carlisle
Dangerfield
Kruzer
Aish
And Shazza is almost certain to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW, I have a feeling Danger may stay at Adelaide but really no idea. Just a feeling.

He would have signed by now it's not like his value will go up if he plays out the remainder of the year

Bloke is gone just like Ablett

I have read through this thread and it has been very informative. Basically to save others reading through the thread I have made a quick summary below dividing the information into "good news" and "bad news"

GOOD NEWS

There is a very good chance the the trade period will see us picking up
Treloar
Carlisle
Dangerfield
Kruzer
Aish
And Shazza is almost certain to stay

BAD NEWS

We probably will not be picking up
Treloar
Carlisle
Dangerfield
Kruzer
Aish
And Shazza is almost certain to leave.
What does the fox say?

He would have signed by now it's not like his value will go up if he plays out the remainder of the year

Bloke is gone just like Ablett
Maybe but i have heard he is massively torn over his decision.

The unfortunate death of Phil Walsh has swayed him in a big way.

He was gone as much as 3 months ago

Would you give up Scharenberg and Aish for Danger? I think I would. Danger and Treloar are known quantities and we would be an instant premiership contender. Imagine Swan, Pendles, Danger, Treloar rotating mid and forward!

I probably would as well. That midfield would be a sight to see!

How do we end up with Aish? Brisbane are ******s and won't do good deals.
Aish is out of contract (unlike Beams last year) and he wants out. If he nominates us, which he apparently has, they may struggle to have any say.

Players generally get where they want these days.

Aish is out of contract (unlike Beams last year) and he wants out. If he nominates us, which he apparently has, they may struggle to have any say.

Players generally get where they want these days.
He is going to cost a first round pick (10-18) either way. Can't use the PSD as a threat because we got pick 1 and Carlton got pick 2. Plus Bell wants to come home so Carlton will offer Bell + second round pick for Aish. Only option is that 2016 first round pick or a three way trade involving Scheranberg, Crows first round and Aish.

He is going to cost a first round pick (10-18) either way. Can't use the PSD as a threat because we got pick 1 and Carlton got pick 2. Plus Bell wants to come home so Carlton will offer Bell + second round pick for Aish. Only option is that 2016 first round pick or a three way trade involving Scheranberg, Crows first round and Aish.

You can have Karnezis back for him.

Our first rounders are untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back