List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
T.Lynch but I think he's out of the question. Hard to see who we could get but I'm still for keeping our first round and developing our own talent and then hitting free agency for needs. Think we are only a couple of players short of contending again.

I doubt Lynch would leave the suns as he is there Co-Captain

I agree. This is why I thought it might be an interesting exercise to see who people think is/are the missing pieces and who would they be willing to let go. I'd like to take a first rounder into the draft, but if we can trade players for a first rounder and put it in the table then in all for looking at it.

We've added some promising kids via the draft which adds to an already promising group. I'd actually like to see how this new group develop in 2017. May well cover some of these perceived gaps from within if players like McLarty, McCarthy, and Schade are all busting down the door for senior selection sometime this year. Lynch obviously is the other 1 but think he'll spend 2017 developing.

We've added some promising kids via the draft which adds to an already promising group. I'd actually like to see how this new group develop in 2017. May well cover some of these perceived gaps from within if players like McLarty, McCarthy, and Schade are all busting down the door for senior selection sometime this year. Lynch obviously is the other 1 but think he'll spend 2017 developing.
I hear you. I think we've topped up with some good young players in the last couple of years. If this draft is supposed to be strong and deep for talls, I'd still like us to be in the game

With this year's draft supposedly deep we probably should hang on to our first pick. Besides, given our pick is going to be #18, we're not going to have a lot of trade value to bring players in with.

The key remains Scharenberg and to a lesser extent Elliott. If Scharenberg in particular get's through 2017 injury free and show's enough to suggest that long term he could be a 5-10 list type player we can be more flexible.

Unfortunately as it stands all our elite talent (bar Reid) is through the midfield. IMO, we need at least two players at either end of the ground who are elite by role. I'm extremely confident Moore will get there whilst Elliott and Scharenberg are more unkown.

If we don't get what we'd like from either of them in 2017 we'll need to invest back in the draft in the top 10 with a weighting on forward and defensive traits. I'd also suggest Pittard as a FA is a necessity. He is elite by role and whilst not a class player would definitely add something we currently don't have enough of, linebreakers.

I don't think he will leave. Signed in 2015 so he's got a long time to go. Hard to draw those sorts of players to us ATM IMO.

I don't see any reason for him to leave other than a life changing Buddy-type deal, but even then I'm not sure he'd go for it.

He's a very unassuming country kid who enjoys the relative anonymity in Sydney. He has good weather, a harbour to fish in and a bunch of mates he's known since he was 17.

As much as I would kill to have him, I think he'll play out at least the next few years up there and win a flag or two.

By all reports he'll be off to the family farm when his footy career is done.

Unless he somehow manages to fall for a Melbourne girl. Hmmmm.

Some of you are like a snake eating its tail with a target like Lynch. * yeah it'd be great to land him, but the cost to trade him in isn't justifiable in 2017. If the club is in desperate need to go out and land another big fish (which we aren't) wait another year for when he becomes a FA!

Some of you are like a snake eating its tail with a target like Lynch. **** yeah it'd be great to land him, but the cost to trade him in isn't justifiable in 2017. If the club is in desperate need to go out and land another big fish (which we aren't) wait another year for when he becomes a FA!
You telling me we're not getting Fyfe next year Sco? Why you have to crush my dreams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You telling me we're not getting Fyfe next year Sco? Why you have to crush my dreams?

Isn't he a FA this year ;)

On a serious note we've seen what needs to be done to get these megadeals over the line (Dangerfield, Treloar and Gibbs) and that's to compromise your draft position for two years.

Unfortunately due to a poor football department we aren't yet in a position to go back to the well. Perhaps if things go to plan in 2017 we'd be better off investing in another 30+ veteran for next year ala Lewis, Mitchell, Deledio, Cloke and Wells. The one that immediately springs to mind is Tippett.

With this year's draft supposedly deep we probably should hang on to our first pick. Besides, given our pick is going to be #18, we're not going to have a lot of trade value to bring players in with.

Especially with Depth of Talls. Would not mind getting 2 1st Rounders for this Draft and our Need for Talls still

Rockcliff almost left last year
Hartlett almost left last year
Mitchell and Lewis left
Let's not give up hope maybe we give him an offer he can't refuse

We would have to pay him Stupid Money to get him to Leave. All of them Except Lewis the Club where happy for them to Leave. Suns won't be Happy to lose Lynch

Some of you are like a snake eating its tail with a target like Lynch. **** yeah it'd be great to land him, but the cost to trade him in isn't justifiable in 2017. If the club is in desperate need to go out and land another big fish (which we aren't) wait another year for when he becomes a FA!

Spot On. Free Agency we would at least have to offer 1.2 Million a Year to make him think about Leaving

It's weird... If he was a Pie he would be a household name already, but because he plays up here even many footy followers aren't aware of how good he is.

Didn't Jonathan Brown say last year he was the best player in the league?

Rockcliff almost left last year
Hartlett almost left last year
Mitchell and Lewis left
Let's not give up hope maybe we give him an offer he can't refuse
IMG_0939.JPG

Here we go, trump water fall

View attachment 327160
That's old, this is the new one.

705993_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad