Autopsy Come and stay for the Hayward show 48 point win vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

God I hope TMac is back next week, Francis was a complete liability last night. Running 40m off his man to try and impact the contest, miss the ball, and then be woefully out of position

Francis unfortunately isn’t cut for the job

Rather fix play tall if have to
Some of our shakier moments were started by Francis. Fortunately we were able to clean up most times. I think Fox would've been a better option in hindsight.

Best part about last night's win is that it was not so much that it came from near perfect execution but more a win that came about because of our effort.

Freo were clearly the better side in the first quarter, smashing us at clearance and moving the ball nicely into their F50. We hung in there with manic like tackling and D50 pressure, making it hard for them to get any easy shots on goal. This was aided by their woeful accuracy and then we were able to take our few opportunities on the rebound.

From that point onwards, we never really lost control of the game, evened up at the contest, continued tackling and taking our chances in front of goal. In the end, a comfortable away win, the sort of victory top teams just make happen.

Adams seemed to rarely be in the middle , but thought he worked into it when the game was won. Be interested to see him live and what he is being asked to do.

Adams seemed to rarely be in the middle , but thought he worked into it when the game was won. Be interested to see him live and what he is being asked to do.
You will get much more out of Parker if that are 50/50 mid forward

Adams can’t play hf well at all , that’s the problem pies had

You will get the bustle from Parker in the middle also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main positive for me - I’m now a JJ convert. He ran with Clarke, as well as spending some time on Young and O’Meara. And whoever he played on struggled.

The only question - can he offer more than a negating role? If he can - he’s going to be a real asset for plenty of years.
Jordon also had 8 score involvements, highest for the Swans and second overall. Regularly finds himself in scoring chains. Big fan.

Well he stuffs everything else he touches - you might be onto something.
While you are here - Congrats on the win mate! Was a ripper effort by your mob. Hinkley did well actually adjusting the game plan when the Cats figured it out too... who knew he had it in him?!?

While you are here - Congrats on the win mate! Was a ripper effort by your mob. Hinkley did well actually adjusting the game plan when the Cats figured it out too... who knew he had it in him?!?
Still can't believe it - it's our first win in Geelong since Travis Boak's 10th game: 345 games ago!!!

Warner is the most explosive mid in the comp

Think some undervalue that

It’s a hole different dynamic of a player and what he can do

Judd , paddy and stringer like
Yeah, that consistent burst from the pack has a huge impact on our entire game as a team. Especially over the last month where it seems like he's doing it every 5 minutes.

You will get much more out of Parker if that are 50/50 mid forward

Adams can’t play hf well at all , that’s the problem pies had

You will get the bustle from Parker in the middle also

Not sure about that

I have a feeling that Adams will be out for Parker next week

Parker has him covered when it comes to the hf role resting
I've been a bit worried about this. I don't see how we fit them both in, but it doesn't feel right to be either dropping Adams or leaving Parker out.

Adams has been good for our team balance in the middle and freed up the attacking mids to do what they're currently doing.

Some interesting decisions this week.

Very happy with that , well done Amartey in the 2nd half as he had to improve and Hayward did what we want

I’m with you on Amartey but I actually think he has been gradually improving this season. He’s getting to more contests than I’ve seen him get to in the past which speaks to his fitness improving and I think he’s working really effectively within our forward line which is also functioning really effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back