Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again the same old

IF ...
the cowboys in charge keep making serious, costly mistakes ...

THEN ...
maybe one day they will miraculously ride that bull for the eight seconds. But probably they will keep falling off, as they have done now for two years.

He’s such a wank, instead of being civilised about it he acts like a persistent rock throwing child.

Truth is however I too have many many questions...

We seem to be going through a lengthy & public process to pick a coach. Why wasn’t this done last time?

Who’s decision was it to halt the rebuild and have another tilt?

Why was Brad forcibly removed before a succession plan?

Why were experienced support staff removed for the new coach?

He seems very keen on Goldie to the Dogs too - two weeks in a row? Or two out of three at least. Interesting he claims he'd be a good backup to noted dominant ruckman Tim English.

Yet again the same old

IF ...

THEN ...
maybe one day they will miraculously ride that bull for the eight seconds. But probably they will keep falling off, as they have done now for two years.

Was that it?

Lift your game Damo, you could be far more scathing

We seem to be going through a lengthy & public process to pick a coach. Why wasn’t this done last time?

We were on a hiding to nothing.

I've also to'd and fro'd on whether we lacked due diligence but I don't envy the board on this one. Even allowing for an interim coach performance lift, we brutally dismantled sides 1 and 4 plus made up a deficit to take out Hawthorn and shredded Port while they were in the frame for finals.

While we risked taking the next Gieschen we were potentially giving up the next Paul Roos too, especially as 4 other clubs had vacant senior coaching positions too.

Imagine if we decided on a comprehensive search after thrashing Collingwood last year and during that period St Kilda, Carlton, Freo or Adelaide swooped in on Shaw. Tweezer dicks like Barrett et al would've had even more of a field-day this year if he took any of those sides to even a 50-50 return.

Who’s decision was it to halt the rebuild and have another tilt?

Agree. Inconsistent strategies. We completely bottled it in 2016-17, one step forward, 2 steps back in list direction. Thank god Dusty and Josh said no or we would've paid huge coin for 2 guns who rack up BOGs under a coach that had no great ambition.

Why was Brad forcibly removed before a succession plan?

It was 10 years in and the team was bleeding. It was probably the right move.

Why were experienced support staff removed for the new coach?

Agree. Another Covid year mystery.

Yet again the same old

IF ...

THEN ...
Well Dumbo at least we are going for the full adrenalin ride rather sitting back on the pony ride that you are used at the kiddies farm and saying "look at me mummy"

This one I don't think is a mystery. It may not be the right decision in retrospect however I can see reasoning - we looked to have put the pieces in place to ensure we survived the year irrespective of any help from the AFL or if the season was a complete write off and no funding in board. We might not make the same decision now but that doesn't mean it wasn't a valid one at the time.

This one I don't think is a mystery. It may not be the right decision in retrospect however I can see reasoning - we looked to have put the pieces in place to ensure we survived the year irrespective of any help from the AFL or if the season was a complete write off and no funding in board. We might not make the same decision now but that doesn't mean it wasn't a valid one at the time.

The mystery was who was selected I mean.

Scotland and Adams had no AFL coaching experience, Rivers and Whitecross did.

Rhyce was flanked by assistants even less seasoned than him.

I think it’s got to the stage where the club should officially “call out” the completely over the top and inflammatory commentary emanating from Barrett. Can you just imagine if he behaved like that about some of the higher profile clubs? I can handle him being critical but the constant mocking tone he has adopted is way outside the pale.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The mystery was who was selected I mean.

Scotland and Adams had no AFL coaching experience, Rivers and Whitecross did.

Rhyce was flanked by assistants even less seasoned than him.

$$$ maybe, or a cross between cost today and where they see the respective parties in 2-3 years. Honestly don't know enough from the outside in, just saying that I can see them making some very harsh calls in a situation that - at the time - could be seen to be a potentially extinction level event.

It may not have been the right thing for the team on field this year or to support Shaw this year... don't know. But I will be interested to see the financial positions of all clubs when all is said and done. To avoid a loss (and any additional AFL loans) while other teams were bleeding money would potentially be a significant achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Caroline Wilson’s commentary annoys me, I can stomach it far more than the disrespectful crap that Barrett is constantly spewing out. Caro’s stuff is hard to take, but at least it is to the point and her opinion. Barrett is now just regurgitating bile.

While Caroline Wilson’s commentary annoys me, I can stomach it far more than the disrespectful crap that Barrett is constantly spewing out. Caro’s stuff is hard to take, but at least it is to the point and her opinion. Barrett is now just regurgitating bile.

Nah Caroline speaks as if she's representing the gods ie "people say" "clubs all agree" etc just as much as Barrett.

They're both waddling in the cesspit together.

Is Barrett having a whack out of history of personal animosity between him the club or Archer and Buckley?

Or is his whack coming from the AFL? Very low to complain about having to pay Shaw for not coaching given the personal circumstances.
There's something extremely distateful about the official website of the AFL publishing an article so critical of one of its clubs in these circumstances.

Considering they stood Mitch Cleary down for a lot less, yet old mate sharpens the knife week-in, week-out and they promote it through every channel they have at their disposal.

We were on a hiding to nothing.

I've also to'd and fro'd on whether we lacked due diligence but I don't envy the board on this one. Even allowing for an interim coach performance lift, we brutally dismantled sides 1 and 4 plus made up a deficit to take out Hawthorn and shredded Port while they were in the frame for finals.

While we risked taking the next Gieschen we were potentially giving up the next Paul Roos too, especially as 4 other clubs had vacant senior coaching positions too.

Imagine if we decided on a comprehensive search after thrashing Collingwood last year and during that period St Kilda, Carlton, Freo or Adelaide swooped in on Shaw. Tweezer dicks like Barrett et al would've had even more of a field-day this year if he took any of those sides to even a 50-50 return.

Agree. Inconsistent strategies. We completely bottled it in 2016-17, one step forward, 2 steps back in list direction. Thank god Dusty and Josh said no or we would've paid huge coin for 2 guns who rack up BOGs under a coach that had no great ambition.

It was 10 years in and the team was bleeding. It was probably the right move.

Liked for the term tweezer dick. As well.

The Shaw decision made itself. Anyone can see the way L and BMac have come on is down to him as well. Kyron Hayden started beating players like Eddie Betts. Admittedly an older Eddie but imagine what that did for him and his game.

Under Shaw we held leads, buried teams, won close games and fought back from big deficits all in under a year, (unlike under Scott.) He ticked every box you could have in terms of what we wanted to see in a coach. The only question on him was the Geelong game. And our response to that was emphatic. We demolished this year's minor premiers and threw them out of the top eight.

There's something extremely distateful about the official website of the AFL publishing an article so critical of one of its clubs in these circumstances.

Considering they stood Mitch Cleary down for a lot less, yet old mate sharpens the knife week-in, week-out and they promote it through every channel they have at their disposal.
That is a disgrace. Agree

I remember when he accused Hutchy of attacking us (in the past) in 2016 after getting off to a flyer on Footy Classified. Even Caro was trying to get Hutch to admit defeat.

But now they are both targeting us whilst other clubs have suffered much worse financially.

They go after other media personalities to make themselves look good then do the exact same when the club in question is not doing well on field. They don't have the balls to do it when we're flying and only Hutchy was brave enough to take that stance at that time. Even though it was inherently stupid to do so.

What a bunch of weak, fake-pretentious snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back