Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone picking up on Gerards change on tune? Been a while since he has called us, he certainly isnt the same as he was before the scrutiny. He knows he’s been a ******* for 2 years.

Other than every contest should of been a swans free kick

Other than every contest should of been a swans free kick

On the contrary, I was flabbergasted at the number of times he said we should have gotten free kicks last night. He was particularly fond of Larkey. If Healy continues to call our games in that manner, I’ll have no complaints at all. Very fair. Having said that, my even bigger complaint against him all along is the fact that he’s sooooo boring. It’s stands out even more when there’s nobody at the games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary, I was flabbergasted at the number of times he said we should have gotten free kicks last night. He was particularly fond of Larkey. If Healy continues to call our games in that manner, I’ll have no complaints at all. Very fair. Having said that, my even bigger complaint against him all along is the fact that he’s sooooo boring. It’s stands out even more when there’s nobody at the games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The way he talked up TT at the start made me suss if he had been either spoken to or heard the thoughts from some here on BF. Was borderline OTT on TT :cool:

I think about 3 years ago or something, Judd made the comment about our list being in pretty rocky shape at that time.

I went and made the comparison to his former clubs. One still hasn't made finals and got belted by us, the other is on the verge of falling down rapidly of whom also lost to us at home. Although they won a premiership so I can't really gloat that much.

The fact is, we're on a path that suggests we will go past the Eagles and Blues and prove that we've managed our older players better than they have. And arguably, developed more talent than they have in the same period.

When former footy players in the media go after clubs they've had the displeasure of being beaten by over and over again I just feel the need to hold them accountable.

Talking about senior players getting old even though they still have elite metrics is just so ******* dumb.

So dangerflog bumps a guy in the head gets reported by the field umpire, MRP have a look at it and say nothing to see here.
surprised they didn’t give the umpire a week for having a crack at danger.
(For the record I didn’t think there was anything in it but just imagine if it was Greene)

9. A fine-tuned forward group can help Roos bounce
North Melbourne has used its past five first-round draft picks on midfielders but has still found forward options with plenty of potential. Eleven of the Kangaroos’ 12 goals against Sydney were kicked by players aged 23 or under, again led by key targets Nick Larkey (39 season goals) and Cam Zurhaar (31) with goalkicking midfielders Tarryn Thomas (23) and Jaidyn Stephenson (17) also chipping in. Eddie Ford (two goals, game-high 10 score involvements) added a spark in just his third run at senior level while debutant Charlie Comben (one goal) gave a glimpse of his high-flying future and what he could bring to a twin towers forward structure. The Kangaroos might have wanted to build from the midfield but their emerging forward group can now be fine-tuned in the off-season, ideally with the addition of a genuine small forward, rather than needing to be overhauled. - Martin Pegan

This clipping is from the August 16 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Roos’ wooden spoon not on Noble’s radar
Herald Sun - Monday, 16 Aug 2021 - Page 51

NORTH Melbourne coach David Noble has “no interest” in discussing the club’s first wooden spoon in 49 years and says Saturday’s 14-point loss to Sydney was unacceptable.

The loss denied the Kangaroos a wooden-spoon playoff against 17th-placed Adelaide in round 23, though did secure the No.1 pick in the draft.

Jason Horne-Francis , the standout prospect in the open draft pool, had a stellar threegoal haul in the SANFL last week for South Adelaide, but turned in a quieter 12-possession game on Saturday.

North Melbourne trailed by more than six goals late in the first half, with Noble revealing vision of unsatisfactory efforts was shown to the team in the break.

The tactic worked as the Roos rallied to get within four points at the 10-minute mark of the final term, but their fadeout from that point left the coach disappointed.

“I’ve been clear since round 1, I’m not coaching to lose,” Noble said. “I’ve got no interest in talking about the wooden spoon, it is what it is. That’s where we sit, which is not ideal when we’ve been chasing really hard to improve and get up the ladder. We’ll just continue to move on.”

Noble lauded the Roos’ crop of youngsters, with all but one of their goals kicked by players aged 22 or younger.

The first-year coach also revealed star midfielder Ben Cunnington was set to return at full capacity for the start of pre-season following surgery to remove a testicular tumour.

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

1629064349717.png

Sent from my iPad

9. A fine-tuned forward group can help Roos bounce
North Melbourne has used its past five first-round draft picks on midfielders but has still found forward options with plenty of potential. Eleven of the Kangaroos’ 12 goals against Sydney were kicked by players aged 23 or under, again led by key targets Nick Larkey (39 season goals) and Cam Zurhaar (31) with goalkicking midfielders Tarryn Thomas (23) and Jaidyn Stephenson (17) also chipping in. Eddie Ford (two goals, game-high 10 score involvements) added a spark in just his third run at senior level while debutant Charlie Comben (one goal) gave a glimpse of his high-flying future and what he could bring to a twin towers forward structure. The Kangaroos might have wanted to build from the midfield but their emerging forward group can now be fine-tuned in the off-season, ideally with the addition of a genuine small forward, rather than needing to be overhauled. - Martin Pegan

I mean, am I right in saying that Comben got injured after Brown was traded? So the plan was to have this very setup if it wasn't for injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back