Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come in peace. When the media comes for you the come for you hard. Dogs went through a similar situation in 2014. Dogs were in rebuild mode so we knew the results were gonna suck. But then end of season, Griff our captain walks out on the club, Simon Garlick our CEO let go, and Macca resigned/walked. As well as the exits of Cooney, Higgins, etc.

Absolute shamozzle.

Things always pan out and aren't always as bad as they seem. JHF we know is a gun, but I reckon you've got another gem in Paul Curtis, that kid can play! Just need time.
fact , they are always going to be running stories on the celler dwellers at the time, every club at the bottom of the table attracts scrutiny, and why wouldn't they?

I'm in two minds about Wayne Carey chiming in on the latest media smack down against the club. He makes some interesting observations about there being something fractious and corrosive in the chain of command within club from the top down to the bottom. I have strongly suspected that there has been for some time. I saw something exactly the same play out at North Ballarat in 2014-16 when they were finally booted from the VFL. There was a massive disconnect between the North Ballarat Board, the Coach and the Player Group and it was reflected in their on-field performance having crashed from winning three consecutive VFL Flags from 2008-2010 to being the easy beats of the competition within four years.

I found it curious yesterday that Duck would comment given that his own actions very much derailed the team 20 years ago. He has never really contributed back to the club in that time, although in fairness he did spend ten years in the wilderness as a persona non grata from the Club while at the same time struggling with his own personal demons. But since being welcomed back into the fold as a recognised Club Legend I am not aware of any mentoring or coaching role that he has given to the club or its player group, so why now would he be speaking out?

I watched David Noble specifically during this. There was a lot of looking at the ground especially while Ben was talking whereas Gonzo was slightly nodding his head at times. This concerns me a little. I am aware others may not read anything into it at all. Just an observation.

I watched David Noble specifically during this. There was a lot of looking at the ground especially while Ben was talking whereas Gonzo was slightly nodding his head at times. This concerns me a little. I am aware others may not read anything into it at all. Just an observation.
Noticed the same thing. Didn’t look up once when Ben was talking. Jumping at shadows maybe but body language says a lot.

Another manufactured story. From his own employerView attachment 1408878
Not good enough Fox Footy. Just fueling the fire. Again I find myself agreeing with David (its happening too often lately) that isnt what he said. If that was my employer twisting my words, I wouldn't be happy either.

they all seem so deflated and exhausted - can't blame them, this sh*t is relentless. There is no option but to win this weekend.

Hard to know if they are just hating doing that....or just the room is full of hate.

Noble in particular looks like a naughty school kid in the principals office.

Hard to know if they are just hating doing that....or just the room is full of hate.

Noble in particular looks like a naughty school kid in the principals office.
He looks terribly uncomfortable for what reason we wont know but as someone said above, body language isn't the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady sacked his brother for quietly telling players they were being delisted before their exit meetings. Luffy leaked inside information about Nobes rant at the players so Brady told him to pack his bags.
Brady is full on about sticking tight and if you don’t you will be given the boot
Little bit more to jade's removal

Not a fan of Kingy referring to us as a country club playing AFL. I think we’re well and truly past that analogy. The club is well equipped now. Not sure what that was about tbh.
I think the point is that our history has made us who we are today, which is a people centric club. I agree that while we're not on par with a West Coast or Collingwood we're not lagging 2 decades behind the rest of the comp any more when it comes to resources.

Not a fan of Kingy referring to us as a country club playing AFL. I think we’re well and truly past that analogy. The club is well equipped now. Not sure what that was about tbh.
I think he was trying so say that we have the community values of a country footy club, but it came across as quite derogatory made it sound like we're a small club playing out of our league.

Just by the way, as far as I am aware, the best Recruiter of the lot, that old Royboy, Scotty Clayton is still at the club.
Had the opportunity to listen to Scott Clayton speak at a lunch in November 2021 with Goldy and Brad Hodge also speaking. He's impressive when it comes to talking about our list and the skills (and deficiencies) of players. Glad we've got him, but now need to build an effective team around him.
FWIW - I'm comfortable with the recent changes

I do find it baffling that he is in the media, obviously amazing player, but comes off like a total buffoon when he speaks most of the time, says outrages things without thinking, often cant keep track of where he's at.
I think you might have answered your own question there.

I think he was trying so say that we have the community values of a country footy club, but it came across as quite derogatory made it sound like we're a small club playing out of our league.
Yep, that’s how I took it as well. That, unlike some of the massive clubs, at North the people are still important. That it’s small enough that the individual person still matters etc
Fox Footy then completely took it out context for some more clickbait nonsense.

I come in peace. When the media comes for you the come for you hard. Dogs went through a similar situation in 2014. Dogs were in rebuild mode so we knew the results were gonna suck. But then end of season, Griff our captain walks out on the club, Simon Garlick our CEO let go, and Macca resigned/walked. As well as the exits of Cooney, Higgins, etc.

Absolute shamozzle.

Things always pan out and aren't always as bad as they seem. JHF we know is a gun, but I reckon you've got another gem in Paul Curtis, that kid can play! Just need time.
American Storm GIF

What you are saying is we need to weather the storm. I'm up for it. I even upgraded my membership this year to reserve seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back