Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it to the person in the merchandise department that ordered the Polo for Ben Amarfio.

I think someone checked the wrong box in the Order spreadsheet?
OMG STOPPPPšŸ˜­ I was gonna say something but I thought not to.

He is sitting so uncomfortablyšŸ¤£

This is awful to listen too lol if his intel is rightā€¦.

And where the duck is he getting all this? Was straight from Luff? We are leaking like a sieve atm

Edit* if itā€™s true that Horne is pissed off with his teammates competitiveness and is causing drama, we need to keep him at ALL costs. What a absolute beast, driving the standards at 18.

If Jason is pissed of with his teammates, he certainly puts on a good act at training. Always plenty of banter.

Ripped the club's heart out of its arse. Sick of him
I do find it baffling that he is in the media, obviously amazing player, but comes off like a total buffoon when he speaks most of the time, says outrages things without thinking, often cant keep track of where he's at.

He isn't the only one by the way, Healy might be leading the way, the AFL is a clusterfeck these days,

360 last night

So what I took from this. Is Robbo and the Nerd want them to come out and tell them what THEY want to hear and what THEY think is happening.
Saying that no answers have been given. Well yes they have, they just don't want to accept the reasons given as the facts, they want something that sells papers.

"3 people walking out on the same day isn't a coincidence" - the fact 2 of them had other jobs that would have taken weeks if not months to get kinda says it is.

What is more likely?
2 guys, over a number of weeks/months get offered jobs that they want to pursue and their leaving is announced together because a third guy leaks it to the media.
Or.
3 guys on impulse quit on the exact same day. And 2 of them just so happen to get offered jobs straight away.

I know which I'd find more likely.

"We are tight, tight as my polo"

Watched AFL360 and they talked about us being a family type club that looks after each other and then he says that if these three guys are no good then just come out and say so. They should know better that it isn't typically what we do. That would create bad blood saying X, Y and Z are shithouse and we told them to pack their bags... oh, one is going to Hawthorn, the other is looking for a new job and one has left the footy industry. What is Luff going to put on his CV? "My last employer came out on national TV and said I was shithouse". We would get a bigger roast if we did that. We got lambasted for saying Brown wasn't part of our future. Everyone wants the truth up until you give them the truth.

Yeah, I don't buy the coincidence either. It may be a coincidence they are all leaving at the same time, but you generally look for a new job well in advance, this isn't really an industry that gets rid of someone instantly unless you are shagging a teammates missus. Oh, and on that, can past players just shut the * up, especially those who have embarrassed us for god knows how many years. You ain't helping and it is why your phone isn't ringing. You just want your fat head on TV, if you wanted to help, you would reach out privately and not make a song and dance about it, but hey, that isn't your style.

It is sad this s**t*ery is being dumped on Ziebell's 250th.

On a positive note, great that Ben is back training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been super critical of King, but lately he's seemed genuine in his public feedback about the club.

As for general commentary about the club, I'm not really bothered. I have no doubt that if any of the guys had left, or if Noble was soft on the players - they would be arguing the opposite.

Footy journalism really has been in the gutter for about a decade now.

I try to stay away from the commentary about the club but obviously that has been extremely hard the last few days and while it is obvious we aren't in a position we want to be in and there is clearly some issues at the club, I cannot believe the sheer amount of articles or tv shows absolutely sticking the boots in and using what is clearly rumours or complete hypothetical situations to justify themselves. Then of course when we have a representative front up and put some actual truth to some of these rumours there is nothing to be said about it.

The AFL media has never been so low, it can't even be called reporting. For God's sake Fox Footy actually released an article based on a Kane Cornes hypothetical situation regarding JHF. How can you call yourself a journalist and happily publish that.

Do yourselves a favour my NM friends. Unfollow any AFL based pages, don't buy the paper and definitely stay away from the comments sections of anything North Melbourne related. This will blow over eventually. We all know we will once again get through these dark times, it's what the Kangas do. But take note of some of the names of these so called reporters that to me are nothing but leeches

Carey: "Broken Roos have hit rock bottom" - Declares that the club has slumped to it's lowest point.

C'mon Wayne... you of all people to call this the lowest point :tearsofjoy:
Im not sure self awareness has ever been Wayneā€™s strong suit.

Funny to think when I was a youngster, the bad boy of our club was getting in trouble for rooting his best mates missus.

These days the bad boy is getting in trouble for showing up on Motherā€™s Day.

Maybe weā€™re not in as much trouble as Duck thinks after all.

I thought he was fine to visit his mum but then he went out with some mates and got on the piss.

Now I have no idea where I could possibly have got that impression unless someone posted something reasonably credible about it here in the days after the Freo game.

The communication from the club has been confusing is all. We would surely have known he was going home for mothers day and therefore would have worked with him to achieve that.

If he wasn't suspended for something then just say that. Rawlings made it sound like he had made an error in the travel process.

I come in peace. When the media comes for you the come for you hard. Dogs went through a similar situation in 2014. Dogs were in rebuild mode so we knew the results were gonna suck. But then end of season, Griff our captain walks out on the club, Simon Garlick our CEO let go, and Macca resigned/walked. As well as the exits of Cooney, Higgins, etc.

Absolute shamozzle.

Things always pan out and aren't always as bad as they seem. JHF we know is a gun, but I reckon you've got another gem in Paul Curtis, that kid can play! Just need time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back