Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

There were only 2 teams from the qualifiers got in this year making up the number of 10. That is why we could add the countries that did not get in if there is additional interest.
There will almost certainly need to be more than 10 teams, 18 is probably about right, the cricket World Cup doesn’t have the same hype around it as the FIFA one so I doubt we’ll end up with 30 entries again.

There will almost certainly need to be more than 10 teams, 18 is probably about right, the cricket World Cup doesn’t have the same hype around it as the FIFA one so I doubt we’ll end up with 30 entries again.
From my experience, I could hardly find any cricket templates on the web which is why I made my own template compared to searching for soccer templates- there is heaps out there! That also is a reason why there is lots of soccer interest for design comps. I said 10 and we can easily go up to 18 if need be. It all depends if the interest is there.

To be honest, by the time this rolls around you'll get closer to 30 than 18 as its in the middle of footy season.

But where does it get capped? Having 20 entrants is 19 games each, which is too many. Plus if you do decide to make groups, it’s in direct conflict with the current cricket league.
What do you mean by direct conflict?
Look the World Cup is from May 30- July 14 so if you really wanted to run alongside the CWC you could do playing each team however I am very cautious of design comps overstaying their welcome. We can see in real life how the BBL is going too long and I think if you did each nation playing everyone else, then it would be overstaying its welcome. This is the reason why I would be proposing the format from the 2015 CWC.

So I've decided that given how busy I am with work, FIRA and preparation for Y12 coming up soon I will give my proposal for a Gridiron competition a miss for this NFL Playoffs period and instead plan around the beginning of the 2019/20 NFL season.

I'll bring it up again at a later date to gauge interest but thought I'd just make it clear now.

Interesting thought: what if we had a "FJGD Bowl" in which the winning designs of the various competitions on this board go in to a playoff series to crown a champion design?
Thoughts?

We've had this idea before but it's never really gotten off the ground for a few reasons. Firstly is that everyone is constantly improving, so newer designs are going to be better designs on better templates better executed. Secondly is that there hasn't previously been a whole heap of interest from the people winning these comps because each comp is different and has a different brief so comparison is ultimately fairly pointless.

Interesting thought: what if we had a "FJGD Bowl" in which the winning designs of the various competitions on this board go in to a playoff series to crown a champion design?
Thoughts?

the freshly minted FJGD Design of the Year award says hi.

We've had this idea before but it's never really gotten off the ground for a few reasons. Firstly is that everyone is constantly improving, so newer designs are going to be better designs on better templates better executed. Secondly is that there hasn't previously been a whole heap of interest from the people winning these comps because each comp is different and has a different brief so comparison is ultimately fairly pointless.
Thirdly, the same few people have won all the comps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've decided that given how busy I am with work, FIRA and preparation for Y12 coming up soon I will give my proposal for a Gridiron competition a miss for this NFL Playoffs period and instead plan around the beginning of the 2019/20 NFL season.

I'll bring it up again at a later date to gauge interest but thought I'd just make it clear now.

I think that is a very good idea, less stress at this time with everything you have going on is always a good thing.

It will also give you time to flesh out the idea even further (what and how many teams you will have, how teams will be chosen {free choice or draft}, will there be a restriction on locations or how many from a specific location, what uniforms or other items will need to be submitted {home/away/heritage/logo} and what restrictions you will have on them {colour or white, light or dark}, etc.) and come up with a strong pitch and structure for the competition.

I think that is a very good idea, less stress at this time with everything you have going on is always a good thing.

It will also give you time to flesh out the idea even further (what and how many teams you will have, how teams will be chosen {free choice or draft}, will there be a restriction on locations or how many from a specific location, what uniforms or other items will need to be submitted {home/away/heritage/logo} and what restrictions you will have on them {colour or white, light or dark}, etc.) and come up with a strong pitch and structure for the competition.
All will be explored/discussed throughout the year.
Watch this space ;)

Has anyone posted a competition to come up with an identity for the new West Melbourne A League expansion franchise yet?

I don't know that I'd be able to run it, but what if we did a comp where the first 18 to express interest become those who take over an AFL club. That "owner" would then be responsible for a new kit set for the season. Same scheduling as current AFL (Indigenous Round, etc...). Any of the current or past kits other than for "heritage" purposes would be restricted to one per season.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back