Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you guys talking about?

They have to play us off a 5 day break (as do we), while flying 2.5 hours the day of the game.

We can use up the Adelaide game as an away game later in the season, minimising travel.

Teams coming in have to leave that same day too? So they will be stuffed flying for the day then straight after the game.

I understand we had to play a 'home' game at the Gold Coast, but they could have sent a lesser team up to play us, not Richmond. Gives Richmond a big advantage not having to travel all the way to WA later in the year. They should have given this advantage to a lesser team in Melbourne.

I don't mind it. You would hope by then we have a pretty good handle on Metricon, and as others have pointed out Richmond have to travel on the day of the game.

From the AFL point of view it's a pretty big blockbuster game on a Thurs night.

That Round 5 FIXture is an absolute stinker for us. Send that pack of flogs to play us in Perth. We've got a hub club in Adelaide that we could have played but no, that doesn't make any sense. Complete joke.

I can't disagree more with this.

We will probably play Adelaide away later in the year. Richmond off a 5 day break, having to fly up on the day of the game.

It's more so about the bullet Flogmond has dodged, rather than the fact we got stuck with a "home" game against a Vic rival on the other side of the country.

It couldn't be Bulldogs or North, or St Kilda who got gifted the short interstate game, no it simply had to be them.

I don't mind it. You would hope by then we have a pretty good handle on Metricon, and as others have pointed out Richmond have to travel on the day of the game.

From the AFL point of view it's a pretty big blockbuster game on a Thurs night.

Right when my training will be in full swing, * me

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more so about the bullet Flogmond has dodged rather than the fact we got stuck with a "home" game against a Vic rival on the other side of the country.

I don't get this.

They have a really tough fixture first up

Collingwood
Hawthorn
St Kilda (Marvel)
West Coast (Gold Coast off a 5 day break).

We will probably play Adelaide away later in the year. Richmond off a 5 day break, having to fly up on the day of the game.

That's okay you don't have to agree. Richmond get kissed on the dick by the fixture year after year. And in a season they were finally due to play us twice including a game in Perth they're the only Melbourne team who manages to get away with playing us on the road, without having to fly to WA. It's a big leg up for them.

At the moment with the fixture, Richmond are the only non-hub team that gets to play an 'away' game at a neutral/hub venue. Huge advantage for them. They should have given this advantage to a lesser team.

Classic AFL. Send Richmond up to play us while it’s a neutral venue. This is the reigning premier we’re talking about who are getting a “win” from the fixture, not some random Vic team.

I’m assuming it’s our home game too then if the return fixture isn’t in Perth? Or are they burning one of theirs? That would be pretty fair game if so.

I don't get this.

They have a really tough fixture first up

Collingwood
Hawthorn
St Kilda (Marvel)
West Coast (Gold Coast off a 5 day break).

By "really tough" you mean the fact they get to travel ONCE out of melbourne in their first 5 games?

And instead of the trip across to Perth they were initially going to have to do later this year, they now get a short flight to play us at a neutral ground instead?

You're right, very tough.

That's okay you don't have to agree. Richmond get kissed on the dick by the fixture year after year. And in a season they were finally due to play us twice including a game in Perth they're the only Melbourne team who manages to get away with playing us on the road, without having to fly to WA. It's a big leg up for them.

They haven't been kissed on the dick by the fixture at all.

After being at Metricon for 3 matches prior to the Tigers clash, we should know the ground well and have home ground advantage.

By "really tough" you mean the fact they get to travel ONCE out of melbourne in their first 5 games?

And instead of the trip across to Perth they were initially going to have to do later this year, they now get a short flight to play us at a neutral ground instead?

You're right, very tough.
No team is travelling more than once during the first 4 weeks.

Carlton and Geelong aren't travelling at all.

Classic AFL. Send Richmond up to play us while it’s a neutral venue. This is the reigning premier we’re talking about who are getting a “win” from the fixture, not some random Vic team.

I’m assuming it’s our home game too then if the return fixture isn’t in Perth? Or are they burning one of theirs? That would be pretty fair game if so.

We'll only play them once unless we meet in finals so this is it. But in 2021 you watch them revert the fixture and because it was WCE home game in 2020, we'll play them once, at the G, in 2021.

No team is travelling more than once during the first 4 weeks.

Carlton and Geelong aren't travelling at all.

So how do Richmond in particular have a tough fixture then?

If you don't see how getting away with avoiding the most daunting trip in footy and coming to Perth in front of a hostile crowd (where they got belted by 47 points last time they played) and instead travel an hour north to play us a neutral venue, without a crowd is a big win for them...

Well then, you need to put down the Pepsi cola and switch to Pepsi Max.

Back