Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Won this
$(KGrHqFHJBUFH)yc9zVwBR-hWrvirQ~~60_12.JPG
$T2eC16hHJF0FFZkN,5E5BR-hWUDUU!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Collingwood-Player-Worn-Jumper-/200951572247?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=yvXlpxkaXp5hS4meHPLMPgQBszU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Not sure what to make of this. Collingwoods away jumpers never had white cuffs
Though their 2006 Heritage jumper is very much like this jumper and the sponsors are switched around
34247.jpg

Could it be a prototype or something?

These were the clash jumpers that were made by adidas for collingwood to be used during the 2005 season but never used, note the wizard sponsor on the front and Emirates on the back.

A seller on EBay added this to a item description. I'm stumped to which sellers they are referring to. If someone can PM me the ones they are referring to.
As I never knew companies were still reproducing woollen & cloth badges.

"On 09-Jul-13 at 23:11:06 AEST, seller added the following information:
please note that this is an authentic 1996 guernsey made by Puma. It is not a re-production.

Beware, there are certain sellers on eBay who are passing off re-productions as authentic. They are having badges re-produced and sewing them onto old jumpers and in some cases having the jumpers re-produced all together, both the knitted acrylic ones and the sublimated ones"

I do remember a seller selling reproduction badges on eBay maybe 18 months ago.
I think they were $14.99

Other then that there's been a few don smallgoods ones I've seen.
Still waiting on a answer for this one.

Any ideas?
Gibbsy
makri

Still waiting on a answer for this one.

Any ideas?
Gibbsy
makri

This is purely an assumption on my part,

I think the seller may be refering to puma jumpers produced during 1996 and the subsequent reproductions over recent years of some of these jumpers.

He could be alluding to, that, some people might be getting the hands on centary AFL badges and stitching them to the repro jumpers and trying to pass them off as genuinr items.

As far as I recall, all the puma jumpers had centenary logos sublimated, not stitched, so fake items should be reletively easy to pick up on. I suppose if somenone went to the trouble of producing and iron on type logo, they may be able to photograph the item from certain angles so that it looks sublimatted and therfore genuine.

Any of you guys get one of the Freo Grand Final Guernsey's they were selling through their auction site?? Would love to see a few pics of one, especially interested in whether the Grand Final logo was sublimated or ironed like they all were a few years back. I know The Hawks ones last year were sublimated but it looed like the Freo ones this year were not. Just curious as to whether it's a manufacturing thing or the club choose to just iron them on and save some cash.

The answer is Freo wore guernseys with both sublimated and iron-on Grand Final logos.

I believe the auctions sold only sublimated guernseys, as stated in each auction listing. If you got an iron-on one, you could kick up a stink if you wanted. (Item not as described etc). I doubt any Freo fan would care though.

The answer is Freo wore guernseys with both sublimated and iron-on Grand Final logos.

I believe the auctions sold only sublimated guernseys, as stated in each auction listing. If you got an iron-on one, you could kick up a stink if you wanted. (Item not as described etc). I doubt any Freo fan would care though.

Yeah I just remember seeing on the front page of the Sunday times, that glorious photo of Pav's sooky face, and you could tell his was ironed on, seems strange that the club would have sublimated ones there, ready to auction off, but some players would not wear them? The whole thing is no big deal, I just though it was weird that some teams still used iron on's when other sublimated.

Yeah that one of crowley, when you zoom in looks like the AFL letters are over the top of the red football behind, but the bottom of the grand final text box looks sublimated. Same with rioli, and Lewis, very wierd. Maybe they are just made from better material these days than in the past and it's harder to tell that they are ironed on, or they actually stay on better and "move" with guernsey instead of peeling off. The hawks ones last year, when they were with puma were fully sublimated, seen heaps pop up on ebay over the year, match worn/player issues and also sublimated replica's, must have made for memorabillia pieces.

Yeah I just remember seeing on the front page of the Sunday times, that glorious photo of Pav's sooky face, and you could tell his was ironed on, seems strange that the club would have sublimated ones there, ready to auction off, but some players would not wear them? The whole thing is no big deal, I just though it was weird that some teams still used iron on's when other sublimated.

Is it possible then that some of the auctioned guernseys were actually not the ones worn by the players? If I had won one, I would very disappointed if it was not match worn (when it said it was)- would prefer a match-worn one with an iron-on patch to an unworn sublimated one.

I actually tried to get one of the Freo grand final guernseys but was outbid! Would be good if the stores sold a replica grand final guernsey for Freo this year but they usually only make those for the winning team don’t they?

Last year at least Freo used iron-on numbers and names for their warm-up tees (run-out tops).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was puzzled by this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261327255397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 . OK, I can see there was an error in the listing (it is a fremantle dockers member recognition round guernsey, with fan photos in the numbers, it is not a grand final guernsey), but… why has this guernsey got white cuffs??In the actual round 22 game that this replica guernsey isbased on the cuffs were purple, as they usually are with fremantle clash guernseys!

I was puzzled by this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261327255397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 . OK, I can see there was an error in the listing (it is a fremantle dockers member recognition round guernsey, with fan photos in the numbers, it is not a grand final guernsey), but… why has this guernsey got white cuffs??In the actual round 22 game that this replica guernsey isbased on the cuffs were purple, as they usually are with fremantle clash guernseys!

It may be a prototype.

No excuses with the name though, sneaky advertising.

Yea
You must have missed that John Worsfold 1994 Grand Final Player issue guernsey that ended a week or so ago. Went for around $2200:eek: One of the guys on here got it, still waiting to see a few more pics of it:D You know who you are!!!!

Yeah saw that one too - the seller has been listing a few of worsfolds jumpers - was more surprised about how much the training jumper went for!!

Yea

Yeah saw that one too - the seller has been listing a few of worsfolds jumpers - was more surprised about how much the training jumper went for!!

Yeah I was a little skeptical about them, whether they were legit, I asked the seller and they said they purchased 6 jumpers form a woman who's father had been given them by John. There was that GF jumper, the training one, another 93 long sleeve player issue and I think 3 State of Origin jumpers from the early 90's. I'd say the seller would have made a MASSIVE profit from selling all of them. Would have loved to get one of them but they just went crazy!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back