Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bring Back Roo Ruckle
Congratulations on a Good Win Crows..

Am disappointed the Roos lost, it is quite a painful loss, but we stuck with you, you were better on the night.
Congrats.

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
Congratulations on a Good Win Crows..

Am disappointed the Roos lost, it is quite a painful loss, but we stuck with you, you were better on the night.
Congrats.

Go Roos

Thanks mate it was a rather scrappy game 2nite. The umpiring tonight was the worst I have seen in quite a while.:mad: They crusified us tonight in the 2nd quarter:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was impressed by a few younger players from the kangaroos, the likes of Motlop, Wells, Harris and Sinclair really impressed me tonight.

Good luck to the roos this year and lets hope that Ricciuto and Carey come in next week as we take on and beat the pies.:D

• Banned
Yes well damn Smart is too Smart for his own bloody good.. stupid umpire (altho they did help us out quite a bit tonight, frees definetely favored the Roos)

See you in rd6.. where the result will be different, Smart wont get away with that again.

Go Roos

Originally posted by topjars
Thanks Tashi.
We were lucky in the end. A 50 m to King because Smart infringed could have been goodnights the crows had it been paid.

North are a top eight side for sure, see you at Colonial;)

We were extremely fortunate with umps not pinning Smart with a 50m. VERY VERY LUCKY!!!!!!

As the other boys said, thanks Tashi.

I knew we were in for a hard game because that's how it is every time we play you - and we don't beat you very often. It was even harder than I thought it would be.

The Roos will make some so called experts eat their words this year.

Well done Crows. Quite frankly, if we won the game, we would've stolen it as I reckon you guys owned the second half (although I'm pretty happy with our defensive efforts).

It wasn't the prettiest of games, but I loved it for the contests. I reckon our boys would've learned a lot - when the game was up for grabs (and don't forget, we hit the front early), you didn't panic and just did what you had to do to get the win.

That kid Mattner looks the goods - great pace. And I was impressed with Ronnie Burns in the midfield and I noticed that Ladhams got the ball when the pressure was on.

Oh, and the umpiring was soft - we did get the best of it in the first half, but it annoys me no end when they pay those 50/50 frees that someone else would consider to be "a part of the contest".

Good luck with next week. I hope that THE KING can play next week - it'll be good to cheer him on against the great unwashed.

Congrats. Could of gone either way, but for us to go over to there and be competitive and come back when you guys usually run away with it was really positive.

Now do the right thing thing by the other 14 clubs next week.;) Good luck.

Give Collingwood a good bloody flogging.

Was that a game of poor skills or what???

Could you believe the terrible kicking from set shots???

How much do these guys get paid again???? :p

Shane Clayton 15 meters directly in front and misses. :rolleyes:

Good luck next week guys.

Angus Mc Leod

Originally posted by Shinboners
That kid Mattner looks the goods - great pace.

Yeah we believe he will be a very good player in years to come. He is one of the 3 rookies we promoted last year and some people reckon we are very old because we picked up Carey and Burns and we got no decent youngsters coming through the ranks. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Yeah we believe he will be a very good player in years to come. He is one of the 3 rookies we promoted last year and some people reckon we are very old because we picked up Carey and Burns and we got no decent youngsters coming through the ranks. :rolleyes:

Dont worry, we get that as well.. extremely old we are- apparently (actually now we are the 6th youngest team in the comp.. last year the oldest..)

Go Roos

Thanks Tashi & other Kanga fans for your gracious words. There is a lot to like about Laidley & the was he is going about rebuilding the Roos. Looks like you will alway be a very competitive outfit. BTW, why does Brent Harvey always seem to play well against us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
BTW, why does Brent Harvey always seem to play well against us...
Fair point. He does go well in Adelaide. By the same token, remind me to give Goodwin a corky a day before we play you guys next time.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back