Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The presidents will be guided 😉 by the AFL in their decision making.

On a totally unrelated topic how many clubs are independent from the AFL?
Do you believe we will get 15 AFL presidents to say yes to a Tassie team?....I know it will be a no from the Gold coast but most likely a yes from Richmond for example,it will be hard in my opinion.

Do you believe we will get 15 AFL presidents to say yes to a Tassie team?....I know it will be a no from the Gold coast but most likely a yes from Richmond for example,it will be hard in my opinion.
The presidents vote will have little bearing on the final decision if the afl wanted to put a team here they would just do it apparently a lot of clubs were not overly keen on putting a team on Gold Coast the afl did it any way

Fremantle vs Carlton will possibly be played in Tasmania this weekend,I wonder whether it will be in Hobart or Launceston,this will be another opportunity for tasmania to show their passion for our own team.

Given past experience. its hard to see Freo maximising in attendance in either venue.

I'd think Hawks v Freo at YP & Carlton v Freo at Boot Park.

Who knows, but on the face of it, that'd make more sense to me.
Yes that would be fair but it looks like both will be up here in the north.

Fair? maybe. I'd say more a case of maximising attendances. Freo twice is a bit of overload. ;) I don't mind Freo, But----!

Just imagine, a game in Hobart without North Melbourne!! Hahahaha!!!
Well Carlton does have a huge supporter base in Hobart and the only time they played down there several years ago got over 14200 on a very cold night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given past experience. its hard to see Freo maximising in attendance in either venue.

I'd think Hawks v Freo at YP & Carlton v Freo at Boot Park.

Who knows, but on the face of it, that'd make more sense to me.
Carlton have a big supporter base down here wouldn’t be surprised to see a crowd similar to the Essendon one . Not sure on our current border restrictions but I gather fans from Melbourne would be able to travel down as well

Well I would think at least some presidents are going to say no with him being one of the most likely.
Given things I heard him say before, basically endorsing football growing as a sport, to then vote for something stopping a football club starting in Tassie would be really poor form in terms of integrity from him.

Carlton have a big supporter base down here wouldn’t be surprised to see a crowd similar to the Essendon one . Not sure on our current border restrictions but I gather fans from Melbourne would be able to travel down as well
I would go if I could but the early Saturday timeslot is going to probably stop me.

Any chance North could play Essendon in Hobart in round 18?... because that would be huge if Hobart got that game.

The Carlton vs Fremantle will not be played in Tasmania this week so Tasmanian fans have to wait for the following weekend when Hawks take on Fremantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back