Consolidated "New Coach" thread - part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Consolidated "New Coach" thread - part II

Okay Ill bite, how do you know there is a presser tomorrow?

Well, there have been rumours floating around for a bit over here. I'm kinda putting 2 and 2 together. Have a few people that i talk to that have some Eagles connections as well

Goss on Saturday night said it was a done deal, he also mentioned on a radio bit a week or so ago that he had done at least one of his presentations

Then there are the tweets tonight from some reliable sources. My only concern was that we were also considering Neeld, but once he was announced as Melbourne coach late on friday night and confirmed at lunch on Saturday, that Burns was indeed our man and we were here to make an offer today

So i'll give myself some wiggle room (like Rhett "Walker is gone to GWS, i'm 99% sure" Biglands) but i am 99% it'll be official tomorrow arvo. and Burns will fly in for the announcement on the early flight ready for a lunch time presser

Hope youre right.

Two benefits, hopefully got ourselves a decent coach and Birdmanptr doesnt post for a month!

Hope youre right.

Two benefits, hopefully got ourselves a decent coach and Birdmanptr doesnt post for a month!

I hope i am too. Him or Neeld are both great choices for first time coaches

Have had an eerie weeekend. Predicted a few results at work today to my wife before the store even opened this morning and they happened

And i called Burns officially around 8pm Friday and then heard some of the AFC guys were over here.

Cue spooky music

If Burns is coach, does he stop straight away or do we let him build his experience with WC?

Love him to get the experience but would be great having him here to try and impact on list decisions, ie Gunston, Maric, Armstrong and Tippett if the clause exists.

If Burns is coach, does he stop straight away or do we let him build his experience with WC?

Love him to get the experience but would be great having him here to try and impact on list decisions, ie Gunston, Maric, Armstrong and Tippett if the clause exists.

I'd be happy to let him stay at WCE until they are knocked out.

not sure if they would be

Can't wait until he calls Harper, Clarke, Camporeale, Reilly, Doughty and co into his office for a little chat.

2366413609_0d4bc698d2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he has it wrong again. If the panel included Board members Smart, Trigg and Payze why the charade of taking the decision to the board.

Can you imagine the negotiations, "Scott we want you to be our coach, but we cant confirm it until the other board members agree"

If I was Burns I would have fired back "well why didnt you do that before you came to see me, youve had 8 weeks!"

so what is the word in perth? a done deal?

The general feeling is he is gone.

Wouldn't be many assistant coaches that would knock back a senior coaching role.

I think the more interesting question is who are the Saints and the Bulldogs going to end up with?

Can't wait until he calls Harper, Clarke, Camporeale, Reilly, Doughty and co into his office for a little chat.

2366413609_0d4bc698d2.jpg

Don't hold your breath.

And you know what? It's time to let all the anger go now - apart from being pitiably unimaginative and boring in here - it's not good for your soul. It's going to be a new era for us as a Club, how about we make it that for in here as well. Clean slate for everyone and let's move forward.

Re: Burns to be the next afc coach?

He is an excellent choice.

Burnsy is a Norwood lad who was a very good player, but talent wise it was always a battle for him.

Are you serious? Burns was an excellent player. Wasn't quick but other than that yo would struggle to find many holes in his game.

Always loved the way he played the game. Very happy if Scott is our coach.

Now for some decent assistants. Maybe Jonas back in the box and Freedy Bassett to come too.

Re: Burns to be the next afc coach?

Are you serious? Burns was an excellent player. Wasn't quick but other than that yo would struggle to find many holes in his game.

Always loved the way he played the game. Very happy if Scott is our coach.

Now for some decent assistants. Maybe Jonas back in the box and Freedy Bassett to come too.

I am committed to Norwood next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back