Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who hasn't (that they know of) had a dose of covid yet?
A rough count in my family of who has had SARS2, or aware they have had it:
In my immediate family of 8 ( including 2 grandchildren , one of whom, a three year old, has lung and other issues) only 1 person has had SARS2: my son ( he ended up with issues for 4 months afterwards but seems ok now)
In my Adelaide extended family of around 30 I think an additional 10 at last count have had it.

Last edited:

“If we’re serious about helping our ambulance and hospital system, we can’t keep watching these numbers increase without doing something.

“Asking Victorians to mask up for winter, use an air purifier or have a COVID booster or a flu shot, is preferable to asking them to wait longer for an ambulance or a hospital bed when they need one.

“In mid-March we had 175 COVID cases in hospital and that’s gone up to 571 which is like closing a very large hospital just when we need it most."

I thought just going to school was the leading cause of death of children in the U.S.

:(
Yeah well active shooters in schools is one way for Abbott and DeSantis to achieve their goal of dumbing down their nation further by home schooling ( bible as main book, many books banned), no schooling or private schooling.

Cause she stood up for what she believed in and ultimately has been proven to be correct?
A) she wasn’t proven to be correct, and it’s baffling that you would present that as some sort of truth.

B) standing up for what you believe in isn’t an automatic ticket to admiration

Hitler and Bin Laden both stood up for what they believed in.

A) she wasn’t proven to be correct, and it’s baffling that you would present that as some sort of truth.

B) standing up for what you believe in isn’t an automatic ticket to admiration

Hitler and Bin Laden both stood up for what they believed in.
Yes but not available for our team as both male + dead. Neither were particularly good footballers either.

Why are we working on the assumption that the vaccine mandate for AFLM and AFLW players will be removed at any point, let alone any point soon, when there is no evidence of such a thing being thought about?

I would be practing as safe behaviours as I could if I were you, the new subvariants do not seem to be becoming less nasty or anything like a common cold or little flu ( which is an oxymoron anyway)

Not really sure where this talks about severity of disease? Not sure if I've missed something but it seems to be talking about evasion and chance of becoming symptomatic.

Most prevailing theory I've seen on this suggests the subvariants are attacking further and further up the respiratory tract = more likely to catch it, more likely to get sick, less likely for it to be serious.

Agree that safe behaviour is still a good idea though.

Why are we working on the assumption that the vaccine mandate for AFLM and AFLW players will be removed at any point, let alone any point soon, when there is no evidence of such a thing being thought about?

There was talk about Liam Jones getting picked up by someone next year.

The SANFL have dropped it. I know the AFL under the direct control of the Victorian State Government likes to position itself as a woke organisation but the Vaccine mandate has proven to be completely pointless. It would be ridiculous to keep it in place.

SA Government unrolling free vaccination clinics for kids at primary schools the past week.

And right on cue the anti vax protesters turn up to protest outside schools.

Yesterday morning a group of shouting protesters with signs parked outside the entrance to Grange Primary school yelling at parents and their kids entering the school. SAPOL sent in protective security guards to keep them across the road.

Pathetic.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 11.10.44 am.png

Last edited:
I haven’t amazingly. My 12yo caught it at school, he was quite unwell and one night he was quite distressed and coughing so much he was struggling to breathe, I climbed into his bed and comforted him while he coughed in my face, my younger once tested positive but had little more than a sniffle, lots of snuggles with her.
I did about 10 RATs and 2 PCRs over 3 weeks, all negative, no idea how I didn’t catch it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None in my house have had covid yet... Alot of friends and family have.

Living in the country I guess helps a bit... But most weeks the kids have friends who arnt at school because they have covid. Our time will come soon.

SA Government unrolling free vaccination clinics for kids at primary schools the past week.

Yesterday morning a group of shouting protesters with signs parked outside the entrance to Grange Primary school yelling at parents and their kids entering the school. SAPOL sent in protective security guards to keep them across the road.

Pathetic.

View attachment 1410474

You'd think after 10 billion odd jabs worldwide, this imminent disaster of the collapse of most of the world population would have happened by now? 🤷

Pathetic.

View attachment 1410474
6 people? I wouldn't call that a protest... A small social gathering of dickheads maybe.

6 people? I wouldn't call that a protest... A small social gathering of dickheads maybe.
Whatever. The issue is the target and the location - young kids going into school. At the gate to the school waving signs and yelling until the guards got them to gather across the road.

Pathetic.

View attachment 1410474
Explains why the Gov were installing security guards at the vaccine clinics.

My wife and I haven’t.
My eldest daughter and her husband have, their 2 kids haven’t.
My youngest daughter and her eldest son have. Her husband and youngest son haven’t.

Lol imagine being a 'lation of OGC, getting a phone call every week checking in with regards to possible covid 19 infection and/or the consequences of long covid, so he can update his spreadsheet from Microsoft Office 98.

Nothing like your uncle's 3rd cousin badgering you about your well-being.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back