Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad I spent this pandemic in South Australia. It'd be difficult to find a better place in the developed world over the past 18-24 months. Definitely not Sydney or Melbourne.

We’ll all be telling the grandkids about the hardships we’ve endured. Here’s my list.

1. Mask fogging up my glasses

I am glad I spent this pandemic in South Australia. It'd be difficult to find a better place in the developed world over the past 18-24 months. Definitely not Sydney or Melbourne.

WA is pretty good, basically no restrictions at all ... but you'll never be able to leave ;)

I think Nicola is a ******* joke personally. She was very much disliked at women's and childrens hospital. Marshalls the one calling the shots anyway.

So the person who has fronted up almost every bloody day to a press conference to talk South Australians since this pandemic started has some people not liking her in her workplace.

So bloody what?

I have been critical of many of her actions and that of our Premier too.

But, as the saying goes, if you want to avoid criticism and be liked by everyone you need to do just three things:

Say nothing. Do Nothing. Be Nothing.

And like it or not, I reckon Spurrier, Stevens and the Premier have put it us in a bloody good spot compared to much of Australia and the rest of the world.

And the recent polling shows most South Australian's feel the same way with polling released today by the highly regarded Essential Polling showing that on 25th October 61% of South Australians approve of the way the SA Govt. is handling covid-19 and just 27% disapprove (12% undecided). That is a lower level of approval that the WA and Qld Premiers have but a heck of a lot better than what the NSW and Victorian Premiers are getting.

Rapid antigen tests will be available in major supermarkets from next week, with Coles the first to stock the 15-minute turnaround kits across 700 stores nationally.

The supermarket intends to sell the Chinese-manufactured Hough Pharma COVID Antigen Nasal Test, one of eight rapid antigen tests approved by the medicines’ regulator for at-home use in Australia, a spokesperson confirmed.

I'd genuinely like to know what you mean by this.

A lot of suicides tend to be wrongly classed as accidents due to families wanting to avoid stigma, religious beliefs and not wanting to void life insurance claims that could be worth a lot of money and are voided if death is by suicide. It's a bit of a murky area and hard to quantify.

Will pull you up on that Tee. Most life insurance policies have a 13 month (from inception) suicide clause. After that you can top yourself and they'll still pay out. Also, the Coroner isn't going to lie on the death certificate to save the family embarrassment If its suicide, which always happens alone, there is slmost always a coronial inquest.

Will pull you up on that Tee. Most life insurance policies have a 13 month (from inception) suicide clause. After that you can top yourself and they'll still pay out. Also, the Coroner isn't going to lie on the death certificate to save the family embarrassment If its suicide, which always happens alone, there is slmost always a coronial inquest.

Not all policies though.

As for the inquest, the classic would be car ploughs into tree, family know it's a suicide but don't want it declared as such. Not much you can do about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of suicides tend to be wrongly classed as accidents due to families wanting to avoid stigma, religious beliefs and not wanting to void life insurance claims that could be worth a lot of money and are voided if death is by suicide. It's a bit of a murky area and hard to quantify.
Carn, you've obviously made that up!

We’ll all be telling the grandkids about the hardships we’ve endured. Here’s my list.

1. Mask fogging up my glasses
To be fair... I've been getting dry itchy eyes from wearing a mask all day at work AND my mate said it is inconvenient having to sit down at his favourite pub to drink when he goes out with his mates.
This lock down has been tough - I wish they would sack Nicola!

Well that being the case, wouldn't that mean they were under-reported in 2019 also? And that year still had more on record than 2020? And if it's about avoiding stigma, the pandemic and mental health issues that have arisen from it would surely lessen any stigma around it? None of these arguments make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back