Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Pool never won the title. They couldn't secure it, end of story. They can only get the title if the Association puts lives at risk by playing out the games in June / July or if they give them a fake title on PPG. Either way pointless as its meaningless * season and only small clubs fans would argue otherwise.

The irony is that the usual suspects with a bizarre Liverpool obsession continuing to post 5 times a day for the next decade about Liverpool’s * will guarantee that this becomes one of the most remembered titles in recent history, despite the tragic circumstances.

I’m sure those people have also considered that their club’s participation in the league next season would also be *, as below Leicester none of them are mathematically safe from relegation, they couldn’t secure it, end of story.

Maybe toward the very end of the season if you're in the semis of both cup comps and have some games in hand to catch up in the league because of that.

Otherwise definitely not common.

At the start of the season you have Group stage games in the CL and League Cup games though? Granted in the League Cup you will rotate, but it's not as if players are only playing Saturday to Saturday.

The irony is that the usual suspects with a bizarre Liverpool obsession continuing to post 5 times a day for the next decade about Liverpool’s * will guarantee that this becomes one of the most remembered titles in recent history, despite the tragic circumstances.

I’m sure those people have also considered that their club’s participation in the league next season would also be *, as below Leicester none of them are mathematically safe from relegation, they couldn’t secure it, end of story.

I find it quite funny that people moan about the militant stance of Zidane - which is granted to some extent, no doubt - but turn a blind eye to the similarly militant crusade from those desperate to wipe away any sense that Liverpool deserved to win the title. Like Communism and Fascism, these two groups bend around and blur together in their idiocy.

What is going to happen is that the bottom side B teams are going to play against top team to save their A team for games they think they can get points in.

Sure that happens occasionally in a normal league season but it will be common in the these last 10 games

What is going to happen is that the bottom side B teams are going to play against top team to save their A team for games they think they can get points in.

Sure that happens occasionally in a normal league season but it will be common in the these last 10 games

Good point. Agree that top sides will be better equipped to deal with this particular issue.

It’s an unprecedented scenario, it’ll be interesting to see how club’s respond. Obviously priority 1 is securing player welfare, but I’m sure clubs will also be looking at how to approach these fixtures strategically.

I find it quite funny that people moan about the militant stance of Zidane - which is granted to some extent, no doubt - but turn a blind eye to the similarly militant crusade from those desperate to wipe away any sense that Liverpool deserved to win the title. Like Communism and Fascism, these two groups bend around and blur together in their idiocy.

There’s been some really toxic posting in here based on bullshit identity politics over the last few months involving a small number of posters, and it’s been getting worse imo.

Frustrating because these people have routinely railroaded a number of interesting discussions on coronavirus, football, and everything in between, involving posters from lots of different clubs with differing perspectives who are happy to legitimately debate these issues on their merits. F***, I’ve even learnt some things from Bojan KantKick :sick:.

I wouldn’t mind so much if there was some variety or a modicum of intellect behind it, but it’s the same mindless nonsense repeated every day ad nauseum.

It detracts massively from the forum in my opinion.

Last edited:
SM trying to be the voice of reason LOL

Oh Dear, the Man Ure fans here have not taken well to the news that the season is resuming and Liverpool will get their just desserts as Champions.

You would think The Scousera created the COVID19 themselves, judging by some of the commenrs in the past two pages.

Anyone congrats to all the Stalwart LFC fans and do not go shy on the celebrations here once you clinch your record equalling Champions of England Trophy !!!

#YNWA

SM trying to be the voice of reason LOL

As I suggested to WR yesterday, at least I haven't spent the majority of this week going around in circles yet again.

Playing the man yet again to no surprise though, nor is the source of the laugh react on your post.

Anyone who doesn't think they've been the best side or deserve to win is trolling. I don't think football should return right now and don't think you can call for a winner/loser based on PPG or current standings, but to suggest they aren't the best side in this 19/20* season is clearly not true.

Anyone who doesn't think they've been the best side or deserve to win is trolling. I don't think football should return right now and don't think you can call for a winner/loser based on PPG or current standings, but to suggest they aren't the best side in this 19/20* season is clearly not true.

What's the asterisk for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I suggested to WR yesterday, at least I haven't spent the majority of this week going around in circles yet again.

Playing the man yet again to no surprise though, nor is the source of the laugh react on your post.
You can’t clock up nearly 100k posts of predominantly pointless s**t fighting then tell everyone in here they’re the ones going around in circles. You have a reputation for doing exactly what it is you’re complaining about.

If you don’t like the discussions taking place, feel free to leave. Lots of healthy debate from both sides and long may it continue.

NEXT.

You can’t clock up nearly 100k posts of predominantly pointless s**t fighting then tell everyone in here they’re the ones going around in circles. You have a reputation for doing exactly what it is you’re complaining about.

If you don’t like the discussions taking place, feel free to leave. Lots of healthy debate from both sides and long may it continue.

NEXT.

I wasn't even addressing you so I'm not quite sure what you felt the need to take issue with in my post to ADL.

Next indeed.

Pretty disappointing from professional players who should have been following a strict exercise regime.
Might have been a bit harder for Kane since he has been injured since January.
Don't think they will be playing 2 games a week though.

Might have been a bit harder for Kane since he has been injured since January.
Don't think they will be playing 2 games a week though.

Isn't he fit now? Thought Mourinho said that.

Oh Dear, the Man Ure fans here have not taken well to the news that the season is resuming and Liverpool will get their just desserts as Champions.

You would think The Scousera created the COVID19 themselves, judging by some of the commenrs in the past two pages.

Anyone congrats to all the Stalwart LFC fans and do not go shy on the celebrations here once you clinch your record equalling Champions of England Trophy !!!

#YNWA

You know for a fact that United supporters are not taking the news well? It gives our club the opportunity to quality for the CL next season through the league if the EL doesn’t also return. If the EL does return, added bonus. If the season wasn’t stopped, Liverpool would have won the league in early April and everyone would have moved on in April. You will find that the way fanbases work is they just move on, no one will stop posting on here or be in a fit of rage about it as you’re probably imagining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back