Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, which was predicated by the comment if we don't lower the rate of infection it means this in 6-7 weeks.

Are you thick? How is this a hard concept to understand?

Our rate of infection has lowered, I would revise the numbers to the below, if we can maintain the current spread. However some people are skeptical of the large drop on the 25/3, as some believe there may have been a fundamental change in the testing type/reporting as it's far to big of a drop in data terms.

View attachment 849216
Oh boy. More predictions.

37,000 by ANZAC day? Hmm, much less than you're previous one.

Welcome back to reality Pykie. I actually think you've potentially underestimated this time as I imagine once we expand our testing fully we'll see a influx of new cases.

Oh boy. More predictions.

Yeah, learn to read and understand the parameters this time so we don't have to go through another 30 min explanation.

Last edited:

Yeah, learn to read and understand the perimeters this time so we don't have to go through another 30 min explanation.
I understand perfectly. You've stopped making outlandish predictions.

Well done.

37,000 by ANZAC day? Hmm, much less than you're previous one.

Welcome back to reality Pykie. I actually think you've potentially underestimated this time as I imagine once we expand our testing fully we'll see a influx of new cases.

Yes, well that tends to happen when you revise growth by 300% exponentially, day on day.

I think it's unlikely we keep it under 10% spread, however, lets hope with a full lockdown soon likely, it manage to keep the rate of spread in and around these levels.

I understand perfectly. You've stopped making outlandish predictions.

No actually, we've stopped reporting 20-25% daily increases.

Nothing more.

Early numbers looking really good again.

The numbers represent what's being tested ... people who've returned from overseas or come in contact with a confirmed case. Given the falling number of returnees to our shores, I wouldn't expect to see a surge in these numbers. Worry this could lead to public complacency and reckon it's time to broaden the testing criteria and start getting some more realistic data.

The numbers represent what's being tested ... people who've returned from overseas or come in contact with a confirmed case. Given the falling number of returnees to our shores, I wouldn't expect to see a surge in these numbers. Worry this could lead to public complacency and reckon it's time to broaden the testing criteria and start getting some more realistic data.
Complacency is our biggest danger.

I was under the impression we have broadened in the past week.

In any case, I feel we have a huge opportunity to really get on top of this now.

Need to be doing a minimum of 10k tests a day.

Early numbers looking really good again.

Today marks two weeks since the first voluntary 14 day isolation imposed on overseas arrivals. My friend who came back just after the deadline will be coming out of hers tomorrow morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They already have as of last Friday.

Our geography may be our saviour
Yeah that is it.

We have been handling it decently, but being a secluded island in the southern hemisphere means we have natural borders has been handy.

Can't get complacent, there will still be challenging times ahead, but I think we may have avoided disasters like Italy, Spain and the US (if we maintain current trends and restrictions).

They do test now if you have a fever or show a certain combination of other symptoms. But yes the total cases figure is misleading.

The most reliable indicator is the mortality rate. There's a fair bit of study going on now which suggests the mortality rate isn't as high as first thought. They were thinking around 5% at first but some suggest it could be closer to 1%.

If the mortality rate remains low relative to the number cases tested then you can be reasonably confident that the testing is adequate. Countries that have 5% or higher (apart from the bad ones with stressed ICUs) probably have lots of undetected cases.

If the mortality rate remains low relative to the number cases tested then you can be reasonably confident that the testing is adequate. Countries that have 5% or higher (apart from the bad ones with stressed ICUs) probably have lots of undetected cases.

It will take a while for that to become apparent though. So if the test data is being used for containment measure policy decision making, it will all be a bit too late.

Our geography may be our saviour

And not letting anyone from or who has been to Wuhan near our shores for 2 years and that includes supplies. Do I care if it cripples that part of China, nope. Could not care less. We have to be smart and very strict about this. It isn't a sprint, it's a long term battle.

Why are people getting upset at posters regarding their projections? You realise this is a moving situation and it adjusts itself day on day? Shouldn't we all be happy that the numbers are decreasing rather than jumping down peoples throats? Nobody's intention here, in my opinion, is to deliberately spread fear among others. They're projections they're making based on their understanding of where things are going. If they're wrong or their understanding of the data is wrong, they're wrong, but gee whiz, let's all take a step back and understand what it is that is actually going on and be thankful it is not yet as bad as it possibly could have or will been/be.

In other words. Stay at home when you can. Don't be a dick. Be appreciative you've got a platform whereby you can voice your opinions but don't attack people for being right/wrong/indifferent.

More Lies From The Chinese Communist Party.

1. (NB Italy had donated 18 tons of medical equipment to China before it realised covid-19 was also a major problem in Italy. China has very recently donated 30 tons of medical equipment to Italy).

"The Chinese propaganda machine was quick to seize the opportunity, & posted videos of grateful Italians praising China for its generosity. One video even showed Italians singing China's national anthem. It was however a fake. These videos have Chinese sub-titles...".

2. Re the UK. "Downing Street says China faces a 'reckoning' over their handling of coronavirus and risks becoming a 'pariah state'...They are furious over the communist state's campaign of misinformation...furious over China's...attempts to exploit the pandemic for economic gain and atrocious animal rights record (all emphases mine)".

The world is almost certainly heading for a major recession (which is not 100% caused by China's covid-19 lies & cover-ups. The WHO also shares some culpability, as does its Marxist Leninist chief, Tedros Ghebreyesus)

The Chinese Communist Party must pay FULL compensation for all the deaths, illnesses, suffering, private business & personal financial losses, company losses, &
government losses.

Last edited:
A lot of this is so common sense, unfortunately in reality society has to be told 100 times before they do something.

Rules

1. Stay at home when possible
2. Keep your distance, at least 2m from anyone else regardless of where that is, and don't touch anyone else, including nana or whatever.
3. Still work, but try and do as much as you can from your home.

We follow those rules you'll be fine.

A lot of this is so common sense, unfortunately in reality society has to be told 100 times before they do something.

Rules

1. Stay at home when possible
2. Keep your distance, at least 2m from anyone else regardless of where that is, and don't touch anyone else, including nana or whatever.
3. Still work, but try and do as much as you can from your home.

We follow those rules you'll be fine.

Sounds easy doesn’t it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back