Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fact, not emotion, to say that dogs and humans have evolved a companionship relationship over thousands of years. You may dispute that this matters when it comes to eating animals, but this relationship, combined with the fact of the terrible cruelty involved in dog eating, matters to me
You would be shocked to go to the slaughter section of an Aussie slaughterhouse.
Did you see how we despatched horses here for the dog food market on 4 corners a while back.
it was aussies just enjoying being cruel for the fun of it. It was terrible, cruelty is a major issue but it is not exclusive to Asia.

Why do we assume it will be safer in 6 weeks?

The conditions that lead to postponement may very well still apply.

I want the season to go ahead but I'm not sure it'll all have "blown over" by May.

Minimum 6 weeks. Medical reports are if we isolate and reduce for 4 weeks we will be okay but of course the situation is fluid.

Scomo could actually do a good job and it wouldn’t matter to you lot, you’d still pile on because he walks funny or said something you don’t agree with. Like children in a school yard
Instead, we pile on because he is s**t.

The quality of PM's has been trending down for decades, and Scott Morrison is the nadir.

He could be replaced by the marketing department of any mid sized Australian company, and no one would notice.

And yes, I include recent Labor PMs in that. They were bad, Scott is worse.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dear CaronaVirus please take the weekend off so I can go to the Rugby League

Sincerely PM Scott Morrison

What a ******* moron!!

Holy s**t and what a selfish thing to say that could potentially expose thousands to the Virus.

Tony Sheehan reporting on twitter that an AFL club doctor has tested positive to coronavirus
Anything more on this?

If true you can virtually write of the season now or postpone it at the bare minimum.

You would be shocked to go to the slaughter section of an Aussie slaughterhouse.
Did you see how we despatched horses here for the dog food market on 4 corners a while back.
it was aussies just enjoying being cruel for the fun of it. It was terrible, cruelty is a major issue but it is not exclusive to Asia.

I'm well aware of this stuff. But these actions are not condoned by Australian law and people being needlessly cruel are prosecuted.

Those horses weren't skinned alive. Australians don't believe that torturing animals makes the meat taste better. China has literally no animal welfare regulations

If they think mass gatherings should be banned then surely you have to close schools? What is the difference?
Saw this discussed in an American setting.

Kids aren't getting sick, or contributing much to it's spread.

A large percentage of healthcare workers have kids.

If school's and daycares are closed, where do the kids go?

They stay home, with mum, and bingo, you just lost 30% of your healthcare workers, just as the pandemic hits.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a marketing dude, he does manage get pics of himself in shitty situations taken all the time, and the Sharks game tomorrow will be yet another that will look awful in a month.

Many schools would have more than 500 students. Does that mean that they must cease trading?

Or do they just do a Simpsons and lock the dumbest kids in the back shed so their numbers drop under the requirements?

Many schools would have more than 500 students. Does that mean that they must cease trading?
Only if this is genuinely about reducing the spread of a flu.

If instead there are ulterior agendas behind this thing, then schools and large businesses can carry on, no problemo.

Let's wait and see.

Actually, the issue that pretty much everyone has with certain Asian countries is the way they slaughter animals, not the consumption itself.

You only have to see that dog eating festival they hold in China every year where they publicly torture dogs for a week before killing them to understand why people find the practice of eating dogs disgusting.

If they were reared and slaughtered in humane conditions I think you'd find most people wouldn't have too much of an issue with it.

Define humane? You mean like how we throw all male chicks in a grinder because they are deemed 'useless'. Or when cows are forced through a chute and shot in the head with a captive-bolt gun meant to stun them. But because the lines move so quickly and many workers are poorly trained, the technique often fails to render the animals insensible to pain. Yeah, it's all humane, nothing to see here...

And what of the centuries of companionship between the (modern) domestic cow and human? Yet no one bats an eyelid to devouring a tasty medium rare steak.

Do these cows have less moral value than dogs because on sits on the couch alongside us while the grazes outdoors?

If you have a relationship with your cow like we do with dogs, where your cow runs to the door to greet you everyday, sleeps at your feet, guards your house, helps you hunt, and sees you as family, then I wouldn't eat a cow either. I don't personally eat cows or any meat. But it's untrue to say our historical relationship with livestock is the same as with dogs

Why do we assume it will be safer in 6 weeks?

The conditions that lead to postponement may very well still apply.

I want the season to go ahead but I'm not sure it'll all have "blown over" by May.

Flu season peaks in August, ( already peaked northern hemisphere ).
We've pre-ejaculated big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back