Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the plus side I think we'll be able to exploit the incompetent people that set the odds for match totals at the TAB this weekend.
As for people saying it wont feel like a real flag. I disagree, didn't something happen early on in the 1900's or even duting the war at some point where every team made finals or something and the wooden spooner won the flag. In years to come people will only look at who won that year and add it on to that teams tally

FYI:
In 1916 Fitzroy only won 2 home and away matches and finished last in a competition reduced by the effects of World War I to four teams.

Accordingly all four teams qualified for the 'finals' and despite Fitzroy finishing bottom, they then won their next three 'finals' games to win one of the strangest VFL premierships in history.

Last edited:
Fox Sports have axed 20 journo’s tonight.

Daniel Garb one of them.

done half the actual work of his tenure in the last week
Poor guy is doing the best he can, but * this has shown up his deficiencies like nothing else could. He is worth nowhere near what he is being paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what makes you say so

Tim Kelly adds the finishing touches. This time Naitanui and Kennedy are fit.

Richmond will struggle against the Eagles marking power around the ground should they meet in the finals in my opinion.

Love my footy but this is the wrong call. Gill spoke of being role models to society, if that’s the case take this thing seriously and show the community that this situation is serious.

Money before all else as per AFL standard procedures

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was also my first reaction days ago when first word came out of AFL wanting to push ahead.. however the partial or complete collapse of an economy (and there is more to an economy than just dollars) is also pretty serious...life and death serious in indirect terms. Everything we do to maintain our modern society and its structure has a trade-off eg.we could directly save thousands of lives by immediately banning cars.. All I’m sure about is that these are very difficult decisions that are being made at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back