Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Kelly adds the finishing touches. This time Naitanui and Kennedy are fit.

Richmond will struggle against the Eagles marking power around the ground should they meet in the finals in my opinion.
Hope you're right, and if those 2 can stay fit it will go a very long way to finishing top 2 which is important for us. The 16 minute quarters could also be a blessing in disguise as it will allow NN to go from 55-60% game time to 70-75% game time.

Love my footy but this is the wrong call. Gill spoke of being role models to society, if that’s the case take this thing seriously and show the community that this situation is serious.

Money before all else as per AFL standard procedures

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
the game is also about entertainment. I for one am happy we get to watch some footy while socially distancing from most other activities and outings.

However, I'd be surprised if we get far through the season. Once the number of infected really start ramping up in a month or so, and our health system is buckling at the knees, we'll edge closer and closer to full lockdown.

the game is also about entertainment. I for one am happy we get to watch some footy while socially distancing from most other activities and outings.

However, I'd be surprised if we get far through the season. Once the number of infected really start ramping up in a month or so, and our health system is buckling at the knees, we'll edge closer and closer to full lockdown.
I think the AFL is trying to get in the first couple of weeks before they know they will inevitably have to take an extended break.

I’m not so sure about the asterisk...every club is entering the season with full knowledge on how it is to be played, they are all playing under the same rules. If the rules changed mid season would be more of a case....whilst not ideal there would still be merit to winning.
Lol less than 24 hours before the season starts.

Some teams have a list that will be better off with less games and shorter quarters, other teams don't.

Hope you're right, and if those 2 can stay fit it will go a very long way to finishing top 2 which is important for us. The 16 minute quarters could also be a blessing in disguise as it will allow NN to go from 55-60% game time to 70-75% game time.
Could also mean he has to up the intensity so ends with reduced time, as the guy who is playing 90% normally will blitz for 100%

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol less than 24 hours before the season starts.

Some teams have a list that will be better off with less games and shorter quarters, other teams don't.
errrr...OK....

Are they going to have to keep the roof open at marvel stadium. I think there will be more than 100 people indoors at marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back