Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the orange and green lines - thats why

Your state let it get away - the vast majority of our cases are from cruise ships that we quarantined in an offshore island so we didnt get orange and green lines.

Quite a decent number of big families who congregate regularly/closely in those Melbourne areas where the clusters are... If you know what I mean.

The only one I'm aware of having a public sook about hubs at the moment is Adam Simpson.
The Victorian clubs had their sooks in April.

I hope the AFL plays out the next couple of rounds, then has a pause for most teams to relocate to safer venues (ie not Victoria). Melbourne, Essendon and any other teams affected can stay in Victoria and play their delayed game(s) in that week. Maybe Richmond and other teams that have already played interstate teams too.
I think WA, SA and Queensland can easily house 3 or 4 teams in their states.
For the fairness of the competition, the Queensland teams should also have to travel, though that may be difficult to organise.

If Essendon is forced to play, very unfairly, with a depleted side, because of this - then this season is an absolute farce.

We may have a positive player - but that does not mean another team may not have a positive player in the future.

Then what?

Suddenly you have 2 teams or more with depleted sides. Suddenly the unfairness increases.

Then you have a set of non-COVID teams having the edge over the COVID teams. Absolutely woeful.

Suddenly the competition and the pursuit of the premiership goes from who plays the best on field and turns into "who had less COVID issues"...

If this is the case, then on the premiership cup, there must be an engraving under the team name that says ".... because we didn't have a case and could field an actual team".

AND - here's another spanner in the works,

What if a team is found to have a positive case - TWICE?

It is a farce to not pause the competition for 2 weeks when a positive case arises - and the issue should shift to whether or not there is enough time in the season to do so (which we shortened everything to prepare for), and whether or not we should overlap our season to 2020/2021.

Pausing the competition for 2 weeks right now - would actually greatly benefit the competition in the long-run and potentially save other clubs the chance of future cases as this is fragile times and having people isolate more would help us get to July 12th - which would hopefully see less prevalent double-digit cases in VIC by then.

Fitzroy won a flag in 1917 in what was a 4 team competition due to WWI.
Collingwood won a flag in 1918 in what was a 6 team competition due to WWI.

It's not unprecedented for sides to sit seasons out due to unforeseen circumstances and then rejoin in subsequent seasons.

Fitzroy's and Collingwood's flags still stand in their premiership tallies.

It's obviously not ideal to have sides dropping out but oh well. I personally think the whole season should be scrapped but can understand from a money / survival point of view why they'll leave no stone unturned in trying to get it completed.

Last edited:

Another local positive who attended the protest. I hope it's you who knocks on my door to tell me not to leave my council boundaries. Some poor campaigner is going to get a proper bollocking.

I've done everything right for more than three months and now my mum's in a serious condition in a distant hospital. The Andrews government has forfeited the right to tell people what to do.
Best wishes to your mum.
Dodgy Dan will not be going anywhere, his adoring fans continue to excuse every f up the man does.

What's your issue with him sticking up for his players?

Did I say I had an issue? I just said he was having a sook about being in a hub.

I'm following with interest to see if McGowan bends for footy (I personally don't think he will) or if the WA public's attitude at large will soften because now all of a sudden it's affecting their precious Eagles.

Did I say I had an issue? I just said he was having a sook about being in a hub.

I'm following with interest to see if McGowan bends for footy (I personally don't think he will) or if the WA public's attitude at large will soften because now all of a sudden it's affecting their precious Eagles.
88% support mcgowan

i wouldnt give a s**t if the eagles fly home and play out the season in the wafl

The Dan dynasty is beginning to crumble, unfortunately the masses in Victoria still haven't woken up to how dodgy Dan really is.

The day of the protest was aptly June 6. D-Day, aka Operation Overlord.

Still carrying on about South Australia whose only case in months was a fly-in from Victoria. He's *en lost it completely.

Just really are unable to read aren't you ?.

1) Immunological studies
Immunological research indicates that serological antibody studies, which measure antibodies in the blood (IgG and IgM) and typically found population-based IFR values between 0.1% and 0.5% (see below), may detect at most 20% of infections, as most people neutralize the coronavirus with their mucosal (IgA) or cellular (T cells) immune system while developing only mild symptoms or no symptoms. This means serological IFR values may drop by a factor of five to values at or below 0.1%.

CountryPublishedPopulationIFR (%)Source
GlobalMay 23Global≤0.10Report / Study

People are immune naturally on the back of having had a common cold (corona)
This is still very unsettled. I haven't seen any other evidence indicating only 3
20 per cent on infections are likely to produce measurable antibodies, and thus I think any suggestion of IFR under say 0.4 per cent is highly speculative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the beginning of this month, we were at 463 active cases (subtracting recovered cases from new cases)... and on a downward turn.

Now, on June 22, we are back at 463 active cases.

This is not looking good, bois.
Not sure where you're getting your figures from
221 active cases. Down from 473 on June 1.

965601B9-7D3D-4939-A40C-141778DF07C3.jpeg

In fact, it has risen from 463 to 471 a day later (which means new cases are outnumbering recovered cases - resembling the same pattern we saw at the start of the pandemic). Thereby, we are worse off now than we were at the beginning of June.

57.png

u647.png

Last edited:
At the beginning of this month, we were at 463 active cases (subtracting recovered cases from new cases)... and on a downward turn.

Now, on June 22, we are back at 463 active cases.

This is not looking good, bois.
That’s still an insanely low number. The number of cases will continue to fluctuate until there’s a vaccine. It’s not a big deal as long as hospitals can handle it

That’s still an insanely low number. The number of cases will continue to fluctuate until there’s a vaccine. It’s not a big deal as long as hospitals can handle it
Theres a lot of unknowns with this virus on long term effects that are just coming to light now.

zero is a good number.

Um no, he's got an approval rating of around 90% about keeping the border closed.
We are resuming normal life, there is no way anyone is going to change that for the AFL.
AFL isn't a big employer here, only two teams and media.
It's not essential, mining on the other hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back