Spuddigger

Senior List
Oct 19, 2018
Australind WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur.
A kid by the name of Lockie Hearman collapsed and died at footy training in the dairy town of Harvey WA. I didn,t know the kid but saw him play and he had plenty of talent. So dedicated, he was returning from a holiday in Melbourne and had arranged his flight so he could get to training on time.Of course the town is shocked and in mourning. The South West League ( Bunbury ) is the best league outside of Perth . It just so happens that his side Harvey Bulls are playing Harvey Brunswick in the local derby this weekend. There is talk about canceling the game, but i say to the head honchos, let the game be played and supporters of both clubs get along and give the kid respect!

I understand if the game needs to be cancelled, the playing group needs time to mourn and grieve. Footy at times doesn't need to be put first, respect can still be shown when they are ready to take the field again

A kid by the name of Lockie Hearman collapsed and died at footy training in the dairy town of Harvey WA. I didn,t know the kid but saw him play and he had plenty of talent. So dedicated, he was returning from a holiday in Melbourne and had arranged his flight so he could get to training on time.Of course the town is shocked and in mourning. The South West League ( Bunbury ) is the best league outside of Perth . It just so happens that his side Harvey Bulls are playing Harvey Brunswick in the local derby this weekend. There is talk about canceling the game, but i say to the head honchos, let the game be played and supporters of both clubs get along and give the kid respect!

It’s sad but spell the kids name properly

Condolences to the young guy's family, friends and the community in Harvey/ Harvey Bulls.

Hope the fixtures continue, sounds like it's what the young lad would want.

Condolences to the young guy's family, friends and the community in Harvey/ Harvey Bulls.

Hope the fixtures continue, sounds like it's what the young lad would want.
The SWFL ( which is no Mickey Mouse League) has cancelled the local derby this weekend as respect to Lockie Hernaham( for those critics of my spelling). The next week will be harrowing for the club.

The SWFL ( which is no Mickey Mouse League) has cancelled the local derby this weekend as respect to Lockie Hernaham( for those critics of my spelling). The next week will be harrowing for the club.
Just the last word on this sight . We are encouraged to speak our mind with respect.This is a meatworks town and we work hard. As a dumb meat worker, i take exception when some rat bag ( who thinks he knows better) has a go at my diction. If you have know dignity, Piss off to Bay 13 where pricks like you are welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SWFL cubs had a minute silence for Lockie before games over the weekend. This was also afforded to him by players from the State Basketball League as he was a keen player. His family were guests of the Eagles and Gold Coast on the weekend.

thats ****** up, poor kid!

Good to see all teams paid their respect

Same thing happened to my cousin a few years ago at training. I can absolutely understand the game being called off..no way any of us could have played after it happening. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends, teammates and all who knew the young fella

Arrived back from a family holiday to Melbourne that day and wanted to make sure he made it back for training. Just tragic.

RIP young man. You were well loved in the town and the thoughts of many are with your family at this difficult time.

To be fair it is a lack of respect to not spell someone's name correctly. It shows a lack of care.

I hope we don't lose sight of this in the computer age where spelling is seemingly no longer valued.

Thank You, it’s a shame others don’t look at it this way RIP

Thank You, it’s a shame others don’t look at it this way RIP
Seeing as i didn,t know the young bloke, i thought thats how his name was spelt. As for respect , you don,t know me so how can you judge . I was at the same ground thirty years ago when a young fella had a heart attack. It was ME who had go looking for a doctor and be there to assist him.Not a good sight . RESPECT?

Seeing as i didn,t know the young bloke, i thought thats how his name was spelt. As for respect , you don,t know me so how can you judge . I was at the same ground thirty years ago when a young fella had a heart attack. It was ME who had go looking for a doctor and be there to assist him.Not a good sight . RESPECT?

Mate I didn’t know him either but I spelt his name correctly

Yeah. Nephew I think
Ok . you,re a
So what do you want, a bloody medal? Go to Bay 13. I cant believe that through me trying inform Bigfooty fans what,s happening somebody is trying to denigrate me. You don,t understand how big this story is in the west. As i said , i didn,t know the kid ,but the WA football community is in mourning big time. Did i spell mourning right?

This story gets sadder. Lockies mum was on 7 news last night saying that the medicos still don,t know what happened to him.The kick in the heart is that she is also suffering breast cancer and was her rock for her and his sister. His funeral is tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back