Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Why sticky nose people w***ers need to have they 2 cents is beyond me.

It’s not any body else business

We're in a pandemic, the seriousness of which is determined by the decisions people make. It's literally everyone's business.

His choice

Actually, one of the key benefits of vaccination is that it reduces transmission to other people. Firstly, it directly reduces person to person transmission. Secondly, it contributes to herd immunity which robs the virus of a sufficiently available source of hosts, meaning eventually it dies off or at least becomes much more rare.

Not getting vaccinated may be a personal choice. But is a choice that harms others, especially those who cannot become vaccinated themselves due to genuine medical concerns.

So yes, it is other people's business.

Rats , you don’t even k ow the bloke

You wouldn’t call him a rat to his face so don’t say it here

I would. If it came up.

Edit: I should probably add, I think it's better to approach the anti-vax (and other anti-science/common sense positions) with kindness and an attempt at understanding. I do actually understand why some people might be hesitant to take what seems to be new and poorly tested medical technology (it's not, but I see why people might think it is). But I guarantee Darling has had all the information and time and encouragement one could possibly ask for, he's throwing away an insanely lucrative career and damaging a footy club in the process, he has no excuse.

Last edited:
What I find intriguing is the fact that there are a large mass of people so mentally scr*we'd up they sacrifice in massive ways just not to be vaccinated. You can't tell me it's freedom of choice. Seems irrational

They have to be different. I know a lot of supposed anti-vaxxers who pump themselves full of drugs on the regular. Festival heads who neck pingers like they're vitamins. Gym junkies dependent on steroids. Health care workers who sit out the front of their hospital chain-smoking. Overweight keyboard warriors who clearly don't prioritise healthy eating. I am not judging these people as if they want to do these things, that is their individual choice and it harms no one but themselves. If you're here for a good time, not a long time, then have at it. But believe this: a lot of them don't give a s**t what they put into their bodies.

They're not anti-vaxxers, they're anti-conformity. Whatever the status quo is, they're against it. They're people who get irrationally pissed off by various social movements and causes that they literally don't have to be involved in if they don't want to be.

A hypothetical scenario. Say the government found that vaccines weren't safe and they weren't going to distribute them to the public. You can bet that these supposed anti-vaxxers would be the first ones out in the street protesting why they weren't being given a chance to take a vaccine to fight COVID. They'd be spewing their usual dribble about how the government is keeping lifesaving vaccines from us and the mainstream media is covering up for them.

I can't say for sure that Darling is one of these people, but if you belong to that stance, then it's indicative of who he is surrounding himself with and allowing himself to be informed and influenced by. And in the case of a global pandemic, it's not just the individual who is harmed by their choices. Not good enough.

They have to be different. I know a lot of supposed anti-vaxxers who pump themselves full of drugs on the regular. Festival heads who neck pingers like they're vitamins. Gym junkies dependent on steroids. Health care workers who sit out the front of their hospital chain-smoking. Overweight keyboard warriors who clearly don't prioritise healthy eating. I am not judging these people as if they want to do these things, that is their individual choice and it harms no one but themselves. If you're here for a good time, not a long time, then have at it. But believe this: a lot of them don't give a sh*t what they put into their bodies.

They're not anti-vaxxers, they're anti-conformity. Whatever the status quo is, they're against it. They're people who get irrationally pissed off by various social movements and causes that they literally don't have to be involved in if they don't want to be.

A hypothetical scenario. Say the government found that vaccines weren't safe and they weren't going to distribute them to the public. You can bet that these supposed anti-vaxxers would be the first ones out in the street protesting why they weren't being given a chance to take a vaccine to fight COVID. They'd be spewing their usual dribble about how the government is keeping lifesaving vaccines from us and the mainstream media is covering up for them.

I can't say for sure that Darling is one of these people, but if you belong to that stance, then it's indicative of who he is surrounding himself with and allowing himself to be informed and influenced by. And in the case of a global pandemic, it's not just the individual who is harmed by their choices. Not good enough.

Amazing how many of them insist on taking Ivermectin, despite that ALSO being a product of big pharma... and with no R&D cost, actually more profitable!

my generalising 2c

If you were hesitant or refusing vaccination at the very beginning of the rollout because of safety concerns or general anxiety about it being "untested" (it was tested) I don't think that's unreasonable.

If after 18 months and billions of people's worth of data and evidence about the overall safety of the vaccines doesn't convince you then you are simply a fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you a doctor or Chemist because ive got NFI what your talking about

I'm not, but Ivermectin is a dewormer. It's used on both animals and humans, though is widely accessible in its animal form.

Early on there were investigations as to a mechanism of action in Ivermectin that might help fight COVID, and there were some studies which showed it might help but these were shown to be of extremely poor quality with highly suspect data.

Some have suggested big pharma has suppressed Ivermectin in order to push the vaccine, but that makes no sense because a) pharmaceutical companies would KILL to find a novel use for a pre-existing drug, it would make way more profit than developing and testing a new product from scratch, and b) Ivermectin wouldn't even perform the same role as a vaccine - vaccines are preventative/reduce severity, while Ivermectin's initial promise was in treating SEVERE cases. They would be used in totally different ways and would not compete in the slightest.

I'm not, but Ivermectin is a dewormer. It's used on both animals and humans, though is widely accessible in its animal form.

Early on there were investigations as to a mechanism of action in Ivermectin that might help fight COVID, and there were some studies which showed it might help but these were shown to be of extremely poor quality with highly suspect data.

Some have suggested big pharma has suppressed Ivermectin in order to push the vaccine, but that makes no sense because a) pharmaceutical companies would KILL to find a novel use for a pre-existing drug, it would make way more profit than developing and testing a new product from scratch, and b) Ivermectin wouldn't even perform the same role as a vaccine - vaccines are preventative/reduce severity, while Ivermectin's initial promise was in treating SEVERE cases. They would be used in totally different ways and would not compete in the slightest.
Thank you . Our resident expert probably has me on ignore .

I would. If it came up.

Edit: I should probably add, I think it's better to approach the anti-vax (and other anti-science/common sense positions) with kindness and an attempt at understanding. I do actually understand why some people might be hesitant to take what seems to be new and poorly tested medical technology (it's not, but I see why people might think it is). But I guarantee Darling has had all the information and time and encouragement one could possibly ask for, he's throwing away an insanely lucrative career and damaging a footy club in the process, he has no excuse.

yeah, nah

We're at a point in history where we're actually regressing as a society.

Largely because "everyone's opinion is valid" is idiotic.

Would you give a s**t what a chippie told you about heart surgery, or would you to tell him to shut the * up?

Similarly I wouldn't ask a pilot to build my house.

yeah, nah

Would you give a sh*t what a chippie told you about heart surgery, or would you to tell him to shut the fu** up?

This.

Worrying too much about stepping on people's toes makes people scared to make any steps in any direction at all. Hence you stagnate at best, regress at worst.

It's precisely why the Democratic party in the US is such a failure. Their primary focus for too many years has been reaching out to and working with the very Republicans who obstruct them at every opportunity. Where has their good naturedness got them?

His choice

he is a high risk of being a spreader inc to some people who may die. If I was his grandad I would be having no contact. He is probably opposed to wearing a mask as well.

Djokovic fallout from the covid deportation fiasco. The idiot is now talking about suing the Aust Govt for "ill treatment' by being held in a quarantine hotel not to his standard with fleas and maggots.

The damages claim $6M being what he would have won had he been allowed to stay. lol ...... what a tool

I thought Scomo was magnanimous saying the govt may not impose the 3 year exclusion. Seemingly Djokpvic hasn't learnt his lesson. Get vaccinated tool. If I was Scomo I'd be making an announcement that Djokovic will receive NO leniency regarding the 3 year exclusion. We don't want entitled fwits like him coming here.

Addendum:

For him to be successful he would have to prove with certainty he had a right to stay and that he WOULD have won. Ie prove both the cancellation of his visa the first time and the Minister's use of discretion both wrong. That isn't going to happen so effectively he is piss*ng in the wind to cause international damage to Aust.....probably without proof unless he took a bogus picture of a flea and or a maggot. But BOTH had greater right to be here than him. Novak Novak Novak , dude, get vaccinated

morrison said that for political benefit, and nothing more ... like almost everything he says publicly ...
the djokovic thing was a distraction, yet still managed to highlight the rabbit-in-the-headlights incompetence of his government

yeah, nah

Would you give a sh*t what a chippie told you about heart surgery, or would you to tell him to shut the fu** up?

Yeah look I don't disagree. But when you're trying to change hearts and minds, and specifically when you know people you care about who have been taken in by the conspiracy culture, berating doesn't get you too far.

So yeah, people who are just blatantly selfish, they're rats. But there's room to give to people who have fallen into a bad trap but can be guided out.

Actually, one of the key benefits of vaccination is that it reduces transmission to other people. Firstly, it directly reduces person to person transmission. Secondly, it contributes to herd immunity which robs the virus of a sufficiently available source of hosts, meaning eventually it dies off or at least becomes much more rare.

Not getting vaccinated may be a personal choice. But is a choice that harms others, especially those who cannot become vaccinated themselves due to genuine medical concerns.

So yes, it is other people's business.
A pandemic is a COMMUNITY threat. Everything everyone contributes or doesn't to community response has an effect. Soooo Sam Frost saying "it's no ones god damn business whether I am or not" is wrong. What you don't do that contributes to the death of my 93 year old mother IS my business in which I DO have a say via govt rules that I endorse. Likewise Djokovic coming here intentionally disregarding vaccination and flouting border rules makes me livid. At least Sam Frost is part of the Aust community. Djokovic is an outsider trying to line his pockets whilst doing what he did.

As Yabba famously said to the poms "leave our flies alone" I now say to Djoker " leave our fleas and maggots alone a-hole"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back