Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm your farm, they only beat the Sixers...
Not every day you win a championship mate. Especially 3 in 6 seasons. You've gotta savour them because you never know when they're gonna come again.

It's almost like you think it's not just a hit and giggle.
So because they don't wear traditional state colous and the comps been around for only 6 years it's a "hit and giggle" but the Sheffield Shield isn't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not every day you win a championship mate. Especially 3 in 6 seasons. You've gotta savour them because you never know when they're gonna come again.

Nah look this is too far.

I watched a lot of BBL this season and it was good fun but the BBL teams are manufactured to be as generic as possible so people just go for their home team and take the family to attend nice friendly consumable cricket.

You're not a grizzled veteran supporter who has been through the ups and downs and you can't be because the competition is about 5 minutes old and as such the maximum enjoyment someone can get out of this (or any BBL) championship is "Hey that's a cool thing that happened in my city".

Enjoy it for what it is but are we seriously sledging other teams fans now? Does anyone care enough about the BBL for a sledge to have any impact whatsoever?

This is like when Melbourne City fans sook about "what the owners are doing to the memory of the heart" as if that's something anybody could genuinely concern themselves with.

#carn

People need to stop sooking about the Big Bash. It is what it is, and to be honest, I've enjoyed it more than the international cricket this summer. Is it a bad thing to be passionate for the team you support, especially in a sport where for the last decade they have been consistently average? Absolutely not.

Twenty20 cricket should never have made it to the International level.

And there a few things that have ruined it for me:
1. The cheerleaders / dancers. What the * are they doing that the cricket? This is a lame excuse to make it a 'party'.
2. Dress-ups. This is also relevant for CA's ODI series's. Cricket is THE gentleman's sport. People should be appropriately dressed and not be allowed to wear dress to such an event.
3. Fireworks. See above.
4. The current breed of cricketers are now playing too aggressively at an OD and even Test level that it is ruining technique for the real version of cricket. Test Cricket. Glenn Maxwell should never be considered for the Test side, but he's in the squad to travel to India. The reasons Chris Lynn was picked for the ODI game was beyond me. Although, I do give credit to Warner making it in the Test side; but I think he is still too aggressive when batting. This is not the kind of game Test cricket is.

Twenty20 cricket should never have made it to the International level.

And there a few things that have ruined it for me:
1. The cheerleaders / dancers. What the **** are they doing that the cricket? This is a lame excuse to make it a 'party'.
2. Dress-ups. This is also relevant for CA's ODI series's. Cricket is THE gentleman's sport. People should be appropriately dressed and not be allowed to wear dress to such an event.
3. Fireworks. See above.
4. The current breed of cricketers are now playing too aggressively at an OD and even Test level that it is ruining technique for the real version of cricket. Test Cricket. Glenn Maxwell should never be considered for the Test side, but he's in the squad to travel to India. The reasons Chris Lynn was picked for the ODI game was beyond me. Although, I do give credit to Warner making it in the Test side; but I think he is still too aggressive when batting. This is not the kind of game Test cricket is.
Tell us some more stories about the war, Grandpa :p

People need to stop sooking about the Big Bash. It is what it is, and to be honest, I've enjoyed it more than the international cricket this summer. Is it a bad thing to be passionate for the team you support, especially in a sport where for the last decade they have been consistently average? Absolutely not.

The Perth Scorchers were founded in 2011. They have been consistently well above average. I'm not sure what team you're talking about.

It's perfectly reasonable to enjoy the big bash, it's is an excellent format and it's designed from the ground up to be enjoyable and accessible to everyone. Nobody is getting a Scorchers tattoo or having their ashes spread over the WACA because of their dogged lifelong devotion to the Perth Scorchers though. Nobody is getting into a punch up with an opposition supporter or crying because their team loses. It's a shallow, fun hit and giggle and it's doing a great job at that.

The Perth Scorchers were founded in 2011. They have been consistently well above average. I'm not sure what team you're talking about.

It's perfectly reasonable to enjoy the big bash, it's is an excellent format and it's designed from the ground up to be enjoyable and accessible to everyone. Nobody is getting a Scorchers tattoo or having their ashes spread over the WACA because of their dogged lifelong devotion to the Perth Scorchers though. Nobody is getting into a punch up with an opposition supporter or crying because their team loses. It's a shallow, fun hit and giggle and it's doing a great job at that.
I think he's talking about the Western Warriors.

I'm just a purest of the game. I would rather sit and watch all five days of a Test match, than go to a BBL game for 3 hours.
I can understand that. I loved watching tests and ODI's during the 2000's but I find as I get older, I get busier and I've barely been able to watch a full day of cricket in the past two years. The BBL has been great for me because I can sit down and watch an entire game. I think T20 cricket has made ODI's better as well. Scores of 350+ occur more frequently, which is great for the game. That said, one of my favourite things as a kid was watching Glenn McGrath hit the same spot every ball for 4-5 overs while Warney was wearing them down at the other end. Attacking cricket is the best form of cricket on both sides of the ball.

I'm just a purest of the game. I would rather sit and watch all five days of a Test match, than go to a BBL game for 3 hours.

I totally agree that T20 isn't as interesting as test cricket. But the BBL format means I had cricket on TV every night for 6 weeks. Good result.

Aggressive batting isn't an affront to test cricket. It's a part of the game. Only 6 of the fastest 20 test centuries were made this decade, with the second fastest from Viv Richards coming more than 30 years ago. Hayden and Langer were famous for putting opposition attacks on the back foot and scoring at 4 an over in the first session on day one. Sehwag was spanking opening bowlers around the park well before T20s were being played anywhere.

Having players in the side who can lift the run rate and put pressure back on the bowlers is incredibly valuable and always has been.

I think he's talking about the Western Warriors.

Then he's the only person in the thread doing so. The Scorchers are not the Warriors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back