Cricket things that annoy you

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Katich was right about him
On Simon Katich, he signed as SRH assistant coach for the 2022 IPL, then when SRH didn’t buy David Warner, stepped down only to take the batting coach role at RCB for Faf, Kohli and Maxy. Now he’s head coach at MICT.
Don’t like the guy anymore

Unnecessary rule changes.

Used to be a no ball only if it bounced more than twice. Now two bounces is a no ball.

I mean if you can't dispatch a double bouncer then you have no hope. The thought that Mark Taylor's double bouncer bowled wicker can never happen again shita me a little bit.

I’d have lost my last wicket bowling leg spin under these rules! One day I was bored so decided to bowl an over of leggies , bounced twice before the batsman and a third time before the stumps before rolling into middle 😂😂

On Simon Katich, he signed as SRH assistant coach for the 2022 IPL, then when SRH didn’t buy David Warner, stepped down only to take the batting coach role at RCB for Faf, Kohli and Maxy. Now he’s head coach at MICT.
Don’t like the guy anymore
Isn't this what you want? Players and coaches changing teams all the time via auctions or whatever.

Bowlers who don't look at the umpire when they appeal, just appeal and charge down the wicket at the batsman, very obnoxious. McGrath used to be a repeat offender, used to s**t me
Bowlers, and fielders, are liars. They appeal when they know its not out haha

Bowlers, and fielders, are liars. They appeal when they know its not out haha

Yeah I have no real problem with that, over appealing also shits me though, like a day 5 pitch and the spinners are on and every ball seems to be appealed. But if you appeal at least look at the umpire and show them that respect, and to give yourself a better chance of seeing the finger too.

Yeah I have no real problem with that, over appealing also shits me though, like a day 5 pitch and the spinners are on and every ball seems to be appealed. But if you appeal at least look at the umpire and show them that respect, and to give yourself a better chance of seeing the finger too.
For high level cricket, one of the best things to come out of DRS is that we don't have the long, protracted, intimidatory appeals any more. You really think its out that much do you? Put your money where your mouth is and use a review, buddy.

Isn't this what you want? Players and coaches changing teams all the time via auctions or whatever.
In this case it seems like Katich chucked the s**t that he wasn’t able to coach D Warner so found another gig. He signed as assistant coach for the season, only to make it as far as two days after the auction.

Clarke video…

See. There ya go the_interloper . Lying cricketer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mankad threats when the bloke is 10cm out of his crease. Christian did it the other day and it's catching on.
Stay in your crease until the bowler releases the ball. Proper backing up is being as close to the crease as possible ready to go, not leaving the crease. Just run the dickheads out. Sick of a great cricketer in Mankad only being known for what is a legitimate run out.

Some of Australia's finest intellects at work. FWIW if it came down to it Big Karl would've laid out Clarke I reckon, thoughts?

I think it would be a nil all draw. Or actually maybe Clarke would outlast him cardio wise and then be able to pull his hair and scratch him when Karl is on the ground knackered.

Not surprising that the guy that came home from a tour of NZ due to girlfriend troubles again is having his dirty laundry aired in public over... girlfriend troubles.
To be fair, he was back before the tests started, and celebrated his split-up with a hundred.

That video really makes me laugh
december-17-2022-monday.png

Not surprising that the guy that came home from a tour of NZ due to girlfriend troubles again is having his dirty laundry aired in public over... girlfriend troubles.
"Girlfriend Troubles" is a nice way of saying Michael Clarke is a complete kn0b and nobody likes him, even his girlfriends/wives.

Stay in your crease until the bowler releases the ball. Proper backing up is being as close to the crease as possible ready to go, not leaving the crease. Just run the dickheads out. Sick of a great cricketer in Mankad only being known for what is a legitimate run out.
He wasn't the most popular man, but Bradman had it right IMO...

Sir Don Bradman in his autobiography defended Mankad's action, saying:

For the life of me, I can't understand why [the press] questioned his sportsmanship. The laws of cricket make it quite clear that the non-striker must keep within his ground until the ball has been delivered. If not, why is the provision there which enables the bowler to run him out? By backing up too far or too early, the non-striker is very obviously gaining an unfair advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back