Opinion Cricket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks NSW.
You’re not wrong mate. Hazlewood is to blame if we want to be serious.
You come on as the senior bowler after Lyons been targeted and you bowl that s**t???

Absolutely gifted Stokes his momentum tenfold and after that it was one calamitous mistake after another. That 19 run over then brought Cummins on who gets smacked for a couple boundaries and burns the review to which then Lyon fumbles the runout.

Pathetic spell

I cannot ******* believe how many short wide balls they bowled to an in form batsmen teeing off with nothing to lose. Like, have you forgotten how to play cricket? Who sold you this plan? Or can you not bowl an actual bouncer? That's fine if you can't it's a s**t strategy anyway. So you're stupid for thinking it would work, or stupid for trying it when you can't.

16 balls at a number 11, I'm not sure any of then were actually aimed at the stumps. And he was bowled around his legs by a fast bowler a minute ago.

And the worst part is it was so ******* predictable. I'm not in the least surprised. Records be damned, that s**t was more likely to happen than not.

A comedy of errors from the Aussies and an absolutely amazing innings from Stokes.

The Lyon fumble was terrible but even worse was the captaincy that kept leach off strike and also ****ed up our reviews. That last LBW would have been out in review.

It was a pathetically desperate review by Paine but Wilson and his buddies have been so bad the players are questioning every decision.

Wilson should have given Stokes out because they still had a review. If it was incorrect it would have been overturned. By giving it not out nothing could be done about the incorrect decision.

Such a pity another game is decided by the umps after an amazing Stokes innings.

That said, Lyon takes the ball cleanly and its South Africa all over again.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Makes me feel a bit ill, of course, but bloody hell, test cricket is the best. You need to be better for the whole match, not have a wayward session. In the end Australia’s poor batting in the second session was critical - it left no room for the bowlers or fielders to make mistakes, which wasn’t possible (although after the first England innings it felt it would be).

Long way from the end of the series though. Devastating but getting Smith back will give the team a massive lift. And Australia still only needs a draw.

It does remind you how extraordinary the 1989-2005 achievement was, to keep winning match and after match, year after year, home and away. We probably won’t see the like again from any country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back