Game Day Crom vs Bombres - Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like Riley Thilthorpe may be the difference maker today.

Both forward and in the ruck.

In defence they have a bunch of 189-195cm guys. So Riley should have the vertical advantage on anyone they put on him. And he could really expose both Phillips and Wright around the grounds as a 4th mid style ruckman.

Would love to see him take this game by the scruff of the neck!

him and stringer kicking 3+ are in my multi.

Feel like Riley Thilthorpe may be the difference maker today.

Both forward and in the ruck.

In defence they have a bunch of 189-195cm guys. So Riley should have the vertical advantage on anyone they put on him. And he could really expose both Phillips and Wright around the grounds as a 4th mid style ruckman.

Would love to see him take this game by the scruff of the neck!
I think most would like to see that

Come out firing with a 7 goal first quarter. Statement game.

The team are well aware of their away record and know they have something to prove. Tried to do it against Collingwood and just fell short.

Essendon are not Collingwood.

Vital game to our finals chances. Fingers crossed we build on our last away game and actually win away from AO

Although I live in Melb, I won’t be there due to work, but I’ve seemed to be a jinx for most recent games I’ve been to, so hopefully this one works in our favour

Crows by 10
Love the enthusiasm of starting this thread just passed midnight. :thumbsu:

Kudos to our mods for allowing any eager enthusiastic posters to start a game day thread which I really love,:thumbsu: you may be shocked to believe that on other boards the opening and closing of threads is only allowed by mods.

Huge game, win this and we almost lock in a finals spot with our run home. Lose and we then will likely need to win one of the games against Melbourne or Brisbane away or the showdown to get there.

If we are switched on and play with the same intensity as we did against the Magpies a few weeks ago we will win this.
Crows by 13

Melbourne look right for the picking, Brisbane at Brisbane is tough

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The first time since the 2017 Grand Final that we have a match with so much hanging on it. Win and we are challenging for a Top Four spot, lose and we are out of the Eight.

As it happens, it is the same scenario for the Bombers. Their form is similar to ours. Three away losses against Freo, Brisbane and Poort Pear plus a win against the Eagles in Perth that sorta doesn’t count since the Eagles are yet to win in Perth. Two narrow losses to Poort Pear, a narrow loss to Collingwood and a win at Adelaide Oval against Melbourne.
They are 3 zip at Docklands.

They are very slight favourites (the line is 1.5 points their way) and they have won the last 5 against us. More than anything it will tell us how far we have progressed. I have seen plenty of losses in Melbourne against Essendon (including last year’s shit show) but also some good victories.

My gut says Essendon will get up in a close one. I really, really hope that my gut is wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Lachie Sholl plays one of his blinders today.

Feel like Marvel Stadium with a closed roof is prime Sholl conditions!
Yeah Scholl has become the McKay on this board but considering he is our best runner (on the 17km record board twice) He runs hard to get into spots and his disposal is generally very good. To be a good side you need to have multi facets and he is our elite runner, I think he may go ok today!

Don’t know if this is fact of fiction but in my mind when the Crows play Essendon they always have some random/not widely well known/couldn’t pick them out of a lineup player kick goals at ridiculous important times ether when the Crows are coming back into the game or Bombers are surging back, so fully expecting one of Jye Menzie, Will Snelling or Sam Durham to be this player.

Thank God they no longer have Mitch Brown playing for them, that bloke is a first round Hall of Fame inductee into the Callum Chambers Club, bloke turned into prime Nick Riewoldt against the Crows. Also playing any team with Jake Stringer in it under the roof at Marvel still gives me slight ptsd.
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher to bomb the tying goal from 80m to an unprotected goal line

If we can't beat Essendon at Docklands no point in making Finals apart from ticking a box in saying we made Finals.

We are likely to play a similar calibre team at Docklands in a Final if we make it.

We are a better team than Essendon, if a home game we should win well.

Would be nice to win by a big margin in a dominant display and make a statement today.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This game just reminds me how much that Collingwood home loss still burns deep inside me. It’s the Crom way to make life harder than it needs to be.

Essendon by 7 points (just to remind us even more how much that Collingwood loss has hurt us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back