Competitions Crows Anti-Goal Kicking game - Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
Okay this is the official Crows Anti-Goal kicking game where your goal is to not goal.

Rules:
1 - You must pick two players each week until you are either eliminated or win. The preference is the latter however you are probably not going to make it that far.
  • If your two players fails to kick a goal you will continue to pick 2 players the following week.
  • If only one of your players kicks a goal you continue to play with 1 player the following week.
  • If you lose both your players you are outski and will be treated like the village idiot.
2 - You are unable to pick the same player more than once.
  • If you pick the same player more than once, instant disqualification. It is up to you to ensure you don't breach this rule. I will ensure you have visibility to your picks once I work out the best method for showing you your picks ;)
3 - If you pick a player who is a late withdrawal that pick will be beamed to the next week, Scotty.
4 - In the of spirit of fair play you can only pick the players who make up the final 22. You may change your picks until the game starts.
5 - Once the game starts...no more bets.

The game starts round 8....Crows vs Melbourne. Please keep this thread reasonably chat free. It will make it easier for me to find your picks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name - Lives

GreyCrow - 1
jumboprince - 1
ad victoriam - 1
American Crow - 1
Godallblighty - 1
SugarShane - 1
Doc_ - 2
jenny61_99 - 2
Runnin Blue - 2

----------------------------------------------------
Failed to qualify to the next round:

Anzacpaul - 0
SydCrow - 0
Coopers - 0
Hank93 - 0
FR0GGY - 0
Pea Nut - 0
secondary - 0
Danoz - 0
Crowowowow - 0
Infra Ted - 0
RippaRiley43 - 0
dude316 - 0
huludicidal - 0
Bovo - 0
The Big Sauce - 0
Scorpus - 0

----------------------------------------------------

Name - Picks
Anzacpaul - Jake Kelly, David Mackay|, |, |, |
SydCrow - Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly|, |, |, |
Coopers - Richard Douglas, Rory Laird|, |, |, |
Hank93 - David Mackay, Brad Crouch|, |, |, |
FR0GGY - Taylor Walker, Eddie Betts|, |, |, |
Pea Nut - Rory Atkins, Jake Lever|, |, |, |
secondary - Curtley Hampton, Wayne Milera|, |, |, |
Danoz - Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch|Charlie Cameron, Wayne Milera|, |, |
Crowowowow - Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan|Daniel Talia, |, |, |
Infra Ted - Eddie Betts, Daniel Talia|, |, |, |
RippaRiley43 - Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch|Curtly Hampton, Wayne Milera|David Mackay, |, |
dude316 - Kyle Hartigan, Brad Crouch|Jake Lever, Wayne Milera|Daniel Talia, |, |
huludicidal - Jake Kelly, Kyle Hartigan|Eddie Betts, Luke Brown|Daniel Talia, |, |
Bovo - David Mackay, Richard Douglas|Jordon Gallucci, Curtly Hampton|Kyle Hartigan, |, |
The Big Sauce - Eddie Betts, Jake Kelly|Daniel Talia, |Luke Brown, |, |
Scorpus - Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly|Jordon Gallucci, Kyle Hartigan|Rory Laird, |, |
GreyCrow - Daniel Talia, Matt Crouch|Jake Lever, Brad Crouch|Luke Brown, |David Mackay, |
jumboprince - David Mackay, Rory Sloane|Jake Lever, Jordon Gallucci|Rory Laird, |Rory Atkins, |
ad victoriam - Jake Lever, Charlie Camerson|Kyle Hartigan, |Luke Brown, |Daniel Talia, |
American Crow - Daniel Talia, Rory Laird|Kyle Hartigan, |Luke Brown, |Jake Lever, |
Godallblighty - Taylor Walker, Kyle Hartigan|Daniel Talia, |Rory Laird, |Luke Brown, |
SugarShane - Eddie Betts, Daniel Talia|Jake Kelly, |Kyle Hartigan, |Jake Lever, |
Doc_ - Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch|Curtly Hampton, Luke Brown|Jake Kelly, Jake Lever|Richard Douglas, David Mackay|
jenny61_99 - Luke Brown, Jake Kelly|Kyle Hartigan, Curtly Hampton|Daniel Talia, Rory Laird|Richard Douglas, Sam Jacobs|
Runnin Blue - Daniel Talia, Kyle Hartigan|Luke Brown, Rory Laird|Jake Kelly, Jake Lever|Richard Douglas, Matt Crouch|

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Isn't there an advantage to pick only one player per week as you may last longer due to more players in the pook?

Or do you have to still pick two, but if only one kicks a goal you're out?

Bovo
You must pick two players each week until you are either eliminated or win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rules:
1 - You must pick two players each week until you are either eliminated or win.

If only one of your players kicks a goal you continue to play with 1 player the following week.
I saw your reply to Scorpus but I'm still confused. Does this mean you still pick two players but you only have one life left? ie It only takes one goal kicker to eliminate you?

I saw your reply to Scorpus but I'm still confused. Does this mean you still pick two players but you only have one life left? ie It only takes one goal kicker to eliminate you?
No, not quite. If you pick two players and one kicks a goal, you still have the player that did not kick a goal which goes the following week. You only have one pick though as you lost the other. If neither player kicks a goal you then have two picks the following week. If you only have one pick and he kicks a goal you are out. If both your players kick a goal then you are out because both your picks have been eliminated. Make sense?

No, not quite. If you pick two players and one kicks a goal, you still have the player that did not kick a goal which goes the following week. You only have one pick though as you lost the other. If neither player kicks a goal you then have two picks the following week. If you only have one pick and he kicks a goal you are out. If both your players kick a goal then you are out because both your picks have been eliminated. Make sense?

This is confusing me further. Do you have to pick two players each week, even if you have one life left?

Example: in the event of one life remaining, you pick two players, and if either of those players kicks a goal, you're eliminated.

Or do you pick one player if you have one life left?

Example: you pick two players, one kicks a goal. The following week you pick one player, they kick a goal. You're eliminated.

In the second system, by picking fewer players each week, you are at an advantage as you could potentially last longer.

Example: you pick Walker and Talia. Walker kicks a goal. Next week you can pick Hartigan. Then following week Kelly. Then Lever. And so forth. But if you pick Talia and Hartigan first up, the next week you have to pick Kelly and Lever. Potentially in the first scenario you could last twice as many weeks using just one more player

Are Scorpus and I the dummies? :)

If a player kicks a goal, I lose a pick, yes? The following week, I only pick one player, one I haven't picked before? But everyone who didn't have a goal kicked by either of their choices is picking two?

So the best strategy is to pick one goalkicker in week 1 because, then, each following week you're only using up one of the likely non-goalkickers, while everyone else is using two? Have I got that right?

Not trying to be a smartarse, just not sure I'm following you. Sorry if I'm being dense.

Are Scorpus and I the dummies? :)

If a player kicks a goal, I lose a pick, yes? The following week, I only pick one player, one I haven't picked before? But everyone who didn't have a goal kicked by either of their choices is picking two?

So the best strategy is to pick one goalkicker in week 1 because, then, each following week you're only using up one of the likely non-goalkickers, while everyone else is using two? Have I got that right?

Not trying to be a smartarse, just not sure I'm following you. Sorry if I'm being dense.
Yeah I did think about this and then thought.....hmmmm...."let it be" this year and let's worry about it next. I like to think my game is like the AFL. Designed with integrity, abused by coaches, with rule changes to fix the abuse :)

2 things
1 - Everybody has the choice to pick whomever they want. It is an even playing field.
2 - at least there are some strategies that you can play with. Who knows which way is better....pick a forward early, later or last resort.

I say we play and see what happens.

Yeah I did think about this and then thought.....hmmmm...."let it be" this year and let's worry about it next. I like to think my game is like the AFL. Designed with integrity, abused by coaches, with rule changes to fix the abuse :)

2 things
1 - Everybody has the choice to pick whomever they want. It is an even playing field.
2 - at least there are some strategies that you can play with. Who knows which way is better....pick a forward early, later or last resort.

I say we play and see what happens.

So which of the two systems is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back