Crows have a massive problem defensively

Crows defensive issues, purely personnel or coaching deficiency?

• Coaching deficiency, and the solution is..

• Purely personnel, and the solution is..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dominance is a funny thing in footy, it changes from contest to contest, quarter to quarter, match to Match.. And Everyone in football from the coaches to the players to the fans know that when you have it you need to take advantage of it.

The crows have a real issue in that when we are being dominated teams score against us heavily. We lack the ability to absorb the pressure and turn things back around both in how the match is being played and on the scoreboard.

This has been an issue since Don pyke took over. I believe it to be a flaw in his at the time "unbeatable" game plan (north scored 60 points to zero in the first quarter against us the next week and we couldn't touch it). I believe the eagles had the same issue last year, except worse and it makes sense as Don pyke was the mastermind behind their game plan before leaving.

They have got some new coaches in and seem to have stemmed the flow a bit and their results reflect that, while Don is still trying to figure it out. As I have mentioned in other threads I believe last yr we used CC off the back of the square to try and halve the contest or get the ball moving in our direction. Which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

What have we done this year for when we can't get our hands on the ball and to stop the scoring against us during those periods? Is our coaching staff to blame, are the players not capable of standing up under pressure?

Do you believe it's a tactical issue that needs to be fixed or purely personnel?

If you vote tactical, how do we fix it? If you vote personnel, how do we fix it?

(would have posted in the crows forum, but not sure if it needs to be posted here due to having a poll. Mods Please feel free to leave it here or move to relevant thread, thanks.)

Back