Kurt Tippett - is he remembered more as a Crow or Swan?

What is Kurt Tippett more remembered as?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people remember Kurt Tippett? Forgot he was in the AFL till i saw this headline

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

When he could get on the paddock he was very good for us, but injuries cruelled it all.

From our side, just one of those punts that didn't pay off.

No idea whether neutrals perceive him more as a Swan or a Crow.

You could probably remove the last six words of the thread title and it’d get more people responding.
Goodfellas GIF

Forgot Kurt Tippett even played for Sydney tbh.

I saw the other days he is now on the BOARD for the Gold Coast Suns.

Talk about underqualified.

Probably get more remembered as a Swan because he'd occasionally be brought up as the whenever people talk about when the swans were banned from trading. Also whenever people talk about meh players of the 2010s

Neither really, very overrated footballer while he was playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He definitely had more impact on the Crows.

Those draft picks would be 28 and 29 year old guns now.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy the affects are so long lasting and continue to be felt by the club today. Compensation for Tiprat would've also been another 1st rounder - so 3x first rounders and 2x second rounders in the bin. It even wiped out our junk picks for the those years, so zero youth coming in excluding Matt Crouch who we got for cashing in Bernie Vince. Insanely over the top penalty which kills a club.

A good version of this thread would be Shaun Higgins - Bulldog, Kangaroo or Cat?

I don't remember him at all to be honest. Thanks for reminding me tho

Crazy the affects are so long lasting and continue to be felt by the club today. Compensation for Tiprat would've also been another 1st rounder - so 3x first rounders and 2x second rounders in the bin. It even wiped out our junk picks for the those years, so zero youth coming in excluding Matt Crouch who we got for cashing in Bernie Vince. Insanely over the top penalty which kills a club.
Wasn't the penalty recommended by the club?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's remembered for 1 touch in a grand final whilst on big coin & for being a part of a salary cap breach at the crows.
That's always been 1 of the dumbest parts about the whole saga

Adelaide didn't actually exceed their TTP, even with the additional payments to Tippett outside the cap

Reality is that he was guaranteed payments from sponsorship/media/marketing outside of the club. The problem was he couldn't be bothered doing most of what he was offered. And he then forced the club to top up his payments.

The club was then stupid enough to top up his payments from its own sponsorship income.

There were a few good articles written about it in The Age around that time.

Back