Luke Ball - is he remembered more as a Saint or Magpie?

What is Luke Ball more remembered as?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Haze

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Luke Ball was quite underrated as a player in my opinion. Probably because he was overshadowed by Hodge and Judd in the draft class of 2001. In your mind do you remember Ball more as a Saint or as a Magpie?

A Pie only because his performance in the 2011 prelim is burnt in my mind.

Had a great duel with Lewis all day. Lewis probably the better of the two but Ball kicked the winning goal.

Despite the result it was one of the best games I've witnessed. Atmosphere was unbelievable. Thought we were home when Buddy kicked that miracle goal.

Had a great duel with Lewis all day. Lewis probably the better of the two but Ball kicked the winning goal.

Despite the result it was one of the best games I've witnessed. Atmosphere was unbelievable. Thought we were home when Buddy kicked that miracle goal.
Pie also because of exactly this game

Was hands down the best game of footy I’ve ever attended. You’re right that the atmosphere was ridiculous.

I said it walking to the station that night that there was no way Collingwood was winning the GF the next week. That last quarter absolutely took 150% effort and will to get across the line. Fairly certain Cats cruised through in their Prelim and looked the fresher side the next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood was one of heaps of offers he had that was significantly more than the insulting offer he got from the Saints. He didn’t owe them anything after that.

He refused to test or interview with any team other than Collingwood. It’s draft tampering

He refused to test or interview with any team other than Collingwood. It’s draft tampering
I agree, the AFL should’ve done something about it. Doesn’t change the fact he didn’t owe St.Kilda anything after their insulting offer to him.

I agree, the AFL should’ve done something about it. Doesn’t change the fact he didn’t owe St.Kilda anything after their insulting offer to him.

He was mid range mid that was over paid while he struggled with injury. The AFL allowed him and Collingwood cheat the system.

He was mid range mid that was over paid while he struggled with injury. The AFL allowed him and Collingwood cheat the system.
He played whenever he was fit that year and did quite well off of limited minutes, the grand final being a perfect example of that before he was idiotically benched. Certainly played better footy than being offered a low ball contract.

Back