Kurt Tippett - is he remembered more as a Crow or Swan?

What is Kurt Tippett more remembered as?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Haze

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seeing the thread about Buddy got me thinking about Kurt Tippett aka the other Bondi Billionaire. In your mind do you remember Tippett more as a Crow or as a Swan?

Tippit is remembered by his family as a WWII hero, and by most others as the 2nd Oswald victim on that infamous day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had massive hopes of a long term duo with Walker and Tippett. They both covered the other's weakness well and I don't think Walker has ever had that same level of foil since.

High hopes for Fog/RT to do the same but for the long run this time, but we'll see.

Junk thread for the main board, but on the topic - Kurt's career is very underrated. Exploded at 22 years old booting 55 goals in 2009 and playing a colossal two finals and backed it up with 46 the next year, playing big minutes in the ruck too both years. He was a powerful marking target and an efficient chop out ruck. His next two seasons which were his last at Adelaide were inconsistent but he still booted 31 and 39 while chopping out Jacobs.

Through no fault of his own, he ended up at Sydney on 900k-ish a year - he was a valuable commodity and won himself a great contract. He turned up from a 12 game suspension and kicked 35 goals in 11 games, a rate that would have won him the Coleman in 22 games. In 2014 he played 14 games and kicked a very strong 34 goals playing second fiddle to the greatest forward of the century. He played a near full 2015 and kicked 44 despite sharing ruck duties with Pyke. He then played 2016 as first ruck and was very good until a hamstring ruined his season. When he came back his form was not the same.

2017 was rough with injuries and spelled the end of his career.

For the bulk of his career he played a tough role sharing the ruck whilst still booting good numbers of goals, and at his peak he was a terrific full forward.

Worth nearly a million a year? Nah, but a very good player nonetheless.

One of those rare few who probably goes down as being angered by or hated by both. Personally I think he was hurt by the buddy trade and did pretty well in the ruck/forward role for the swans. I don't have an issue with him but acknowledge most swans fans do

Back