Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Norwood v Glenelg at the Parade 7:40 tonight
The sole Crow/Redleg seeing league action will be Luke Brown named in a Forward Pocket. For the Bays Tom Lynch has been named at Centre Half Back. In the Reserves Mitchell Grigg has been named for the Legs.

South v Woodville-West Torrens at Noarlunga 7:40 tonight
South also have a sole Crows league representative with Andy Otten named in the centre. For the Eagles Chris Knights is named on the Wing and Cameron Ellis-Yolmen on an extended interchange bench. In the reserves match Ben Dowdell has been named for South and Sam Martyn and Nick Joyce for the Eagles.

West v Port at Richmond at 2:10 tomorrow on ABCTV
For the Bloods Rory Laird will be the sole Crow representative at Richmond and has been named on the Wing.

Sturt v North at Uley at 2:10 tomorrow
For the Double-Blues Tim Mcintyre is listed on a HFF, Richard Tambling on the Wing, Sam Kerridge on the HBF and Josh Jenkins and Brodie Martin will presumably come back into the side assuming they don't make the cut for the trip to Sydney. James Craig has been named on the bench for North.

Good to see Otten named back on the ball. 1st year at the club he was a ball magnet running through the middle for South. Should be a good way to get his confidence back i hope.

Off to Noarlunga tonight, ultra pumped......

Haven't taken much notice of Mitch Grigg this year. Has he just come back from injury or has he been playing 2's all year?

Been playing 2's all year and spudding it up. Playing his own game. Won't make it.

what odds of him getting an attitude adjustment (and it working)?

sounds like its pretty poor at the moment.

what odds of him getting an attitude adjustment (and it working)?

sounds like its pretty poor at the moment.

Depends on how long he plays Reserves. I'd assume as he plays there more often you may see a decline in effort, rather than an incline.

Doesn't have enough tricks. Terribly one sided, often to the detriment of his team. Whilst his long kicking is good, his short and intermediate kicking is not as accurate. Makes poor decisions and doesn't spread well. Needs to improve defensive aspects of his game and work harder in getting back and going "the other way". Not real strong overhead. Hands are ok at ground level.

Will be a one contract AFL player, especially with the strength of the 2012 and 2013 drafts (I can name 6-8 certainties to be drafted from SA in 2013). I anticipate you will see this pattern with a good portion of the 2011 class.

cheers neddy. sounds like the superdraft and beyond will hold better prospects for us. i guess we had to pick somebody, hey?

whats your take on ellis-yolmen?

Why was he drafted then?

If his attitude, one sided skills and temperament are so bad, why was he drafted and not just left to be drafted as a rookie?

This genuine question as someone must rate the kid, even if Nathan Basset at Norwood doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers neddy. sounds like the superdraft and beyond will hold better prospects for us. i guess we had to pick somebody, hey?

whats your take on ellis-yolmen?

Yeah the picks had to be used I suppose.

Ellis-Yolmen - good kid and a strong competitor. His strength is winning contested ball and has a real knack of getting first possession. Reads it well and is instinctive. He does attempt to clear stoppages but lacks that burst to be real effective in this area. Just a tad too slow for my liking, got caught with it often (even in a trial vs U16s). Doesn't play tall. Just an average kick of the football. A big-bodied inside mid but I just wonder if he can play anywhere else. Needs a couple of preseasons. Could be one to be delisted and re-emerge later on down the track.

Why was he drafted then?

If his attitude, one sided skills and temperament are so bad, why was he drafted and not just left to be drafted as a rookie?

This genuine question as someone must rate the kid, even if Nathan Basset at Norwood doesn't.

That's the beauty of recruiting. One person sees gold another may see a pile of ****. I suppose time will tell whether he should have been left to go in a rookie draft or maybe even taken higher in the ND.

For me, he was undraftable. Career SANFLer. I am happy to be proven wrong and this thread is bumped in 2-3 years. :)

Why was he drafted then?

Maybe they got him mixed up with the left footer who is in the first team at Norwood Matty Fuller.

Didn't Grigg hold the record for the youngest ever senior debutant at Norwood (until Aish broke it this year?)

Obviously this doesn't by implication mean he'll make it, but is a fair indication of talent.

Maybe they got him mixed up with the left footer who is in the first team at Norwood Matty Fuller.

Maybe, wouldn't be the fist time that has occurred.

Please tell me Matty Fuller has 2 white parents? :confused:

Could be quite awkward if he doesn't.:eek:

Didn't Grigg hold the record for the youngest ever senior debutant at Norwood (until Aish broke it this year?)

Obviously this doesn't by implication mean he'll make it, but is a fair indication of talent.

He did. In his case, it says more about his early/advanced development. Aish is a freak and watching him play is a treat. Must be tough for Grigg to see a 16 year old break his record and take his spot in the side at the same time.

P.S. Love Matty Fuller. Go you ranga! :D

He did. In his case, it says more about his early/advanced development. Aish is a freak and watching him play is a treat. Must be tough for Grigg to see a 16 year old break his record and take his spot in the side at the same time.

P.S. Love Matty Fuller. Go you ranga! :D

Without diversifying to much into the needs and wants of an AFL reserves side, this is a primary reason why we should have one.

I cannot think of one SA born Crows recruit to leave their original SANFL club for another to gain greater opportunities.

That loyalty factor doesn't allow it to happen. Interstate kids have done it all the time (in fact Salopek will possibly do it sooner rather than latter) but I'm yet to see it in reverse with an SA kid.

Maybe he need to move to a different playing environment.

Without diversifying to much into the needs and wants of an AFL reserves side, this is a primary reason why we should have one.

I cannot think of one SA born Crows recruit to leave their original SANFL club for another to gain greater opportunities. .

Matthew Clarke, Luke Jericho come to mind right away

Matthew Clarke, Luke Jericho come to mind right away

Jericho yes and forgot about that. Fair point

But Matthew Clarke was a different case. I'm not even sure if he played 1 junior or senior game for South Adelaide after getting drafted to Brisbane from Mt Gambia. He went to the Bays after getting traded back from Brisbane, that loyalty factor was never an issue.

3/4 time in Glenelg vs Norwood match, Norwood spankin em. Low possession game going from the stats on the SANFL side. Glenelgs leading possession getters have had 14, Norwoods 18. Tom Lynch 5th highest possies for glenelg, Luke Brown 8th for Legs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back