• ...Any Colour You Like

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • ...Eclipse

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas said in an interview on 5aa "obviously the camp was a bit of a disaster for us".
He meant the fallout from the camp. And “a bit of a disaster” is not quite the same as declaring the camp a disaster. The hint in his demeanour is the use of the words “bit of”.

But it was only 3 days
Yes, well you are one of the worst suspects for creating/spreading this bullshit tabloid stuff. No surprise you are commenting. What’s your latest? Oh that’s right... it’s a mess down at westlakes. Nobody is happy. They’re all on holidays ffs.

He meant the fallout from the camp. And “a bit of a disaster” is not quite the same as declaring the camp a disaster. The hint in his demeanour is the use of the words “bit of”.
Maybe Douglas also meant all the sensationalist tabloid journalism, as part of the "disaster"? I'm actually keen to find that talk and have a good listen now..

Look Jenny nothing about what you posted addressed my post about the length of the camp and it was a bit of a joke anyway which you took very well.

But to address your post, especially the last bit. You do realise how ridiculous your point is don’t you? They are on holidays??? WTF. How do you know when the info was shared? I was only told about it last week because I haven’t caught up with the person who told me for awhile.

Now I’m not really interested if you believe me or not. But I’m not one to claim I have sources, I very rarely find out anything. The person who told me I’ve known for 25 years, he’s a respected person and businessman in his field and the source of his information I believe to be 100% legit, I have absolutely no doubt what he was told was correct because who told him would know.

Like I said if you don’t believe it, so be it. But putting your head in the sand ain’t going to make it not true.
Fair enough, apologies for crossing the line. Just wish you wouldn’t share the information with such glee. Before you know it Rucci et al will have it appear as fact.

Fair enough, apologies for crossing the line. Just wish you wouldn’t share the information with such glee. Before you know it Rucci et al will have it appear as fact.
It’s not glee. It absolutely pains me that we have these issues at our club. I hate we have players and coaches leaving. I hate our performance in 2018 is due to a failed football program and that no one is being held responsible and they are all covering their arses.

The club appointed someone because of friendships not qualifications and he’s been a disaster.

You may not like the media attention but I welcome it because without it nothing will change. It’s called being scrutinised which hopefully leads to accountability and change. Then we can move on and improve, it would also hopefully send a message internally that they can’t make appointments like this based on friendships.

Oh and it’s fact. I’m very confident of that, I wish I could share more on here because then you would understand.

Thank you for your brilliant comprehension lesson.
My wife called me a few weeks ago and said not to worry as she was alright but she'd had a bit of a car crash, when the insurance assessor told us that her car was a write off I should have said to him but my wife said it was only a 'bit of a crash'.

Last edited:
Thank you for your extraordinarily brilliant comprehension lesson.
My wife called me a few weeks ago and said not to worry as she was alright but she'd had a bit of a car crash, when the insurance assessor told us that her car was a write off I should have said to him but my wife said it was only a 'bit of a crash'.

Is that like being “a little bit pregnant”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not glee. It absolutely pains me that we have these issues at our club. I hate we have players and coaches leaving. I hate our performance in 2018 is due to a failed football program and that no one is being held responsible and they are all covering their arses.

The club appointed someone because of friendships not qualifications and he’s been a disaster.

You may not like the media attention but I welcome it because without it nothing will change. It’s called being scrutinised which hopefully leads to accountability and change. Then we can move on and improve, it would also hopefully send a message internally that they can’t make appointments like this based on friendships.

Oh and it’s fact. I’m very confident of that, I wish I could share more on here because then you would understand.
I do hope you're wrong with your info. Because, if the players are as dissatisfied as your info suggests, next season isn't going to be any better than this last season.
Do you think that if someone (or 2) in the club admin were to lose his/their jobs, the players would be more content and allow them to do their job a little bit better than they did this year?
Maybe that was what McManure was trying to say when he advised the club of the consequences it may incur if they make it too hard for MM to get to his club of choice.

You can literally have your car written off for less than a bit of a crash.

A friend got theirs written off after someone backed into it in a shopping centre.

I do hope you're wrong with your info. Because, if the players are as dissatisfied as your info suggests, next season isn't going to be any better than this last season.
Do you think that if someone (or 2) in the club admin were to lose his/their jobs, the players would be more content and allow them to do their job a little bit better than they did this year?
Maybe that was what McManure was trying to say when he advised the club of the consequences it may incur if they make it too hard for MM to get to his club of choice.
They aren't, they won't be and it should be far better

The point Jenny is making is that not all car crashes are the same. Not all crashes are a “disaster”, and not all write-offs will cause bodily harm.

I was involved in a car crash which was a write-off actually. Luckily no parties were physically hurt. In hindsight, that crash was a blessing because it could have been so much worse!

I haven’t said it was from a player. But the guy didn’t have any more info as to why or who was to blame, I asked about Burton but he didn’t know. He’s not like one us that would have pressed for info, that’s why I’m 100% confident he’s accurate. The person who told him would know, its whether this person is a bullshitter and given who it was I don’t believe he would.

But given all we know about this year, the fail of the camp, it’s fallout and how we addressed it with the players, the on going leaks, how smug Burton appeared at the conference, our failed fitness program, coaches and players leaving, fitness staff kicked out to make way for Burton’s methods, whilst not all of it can’t be blamed on Burton, its pretty obvious he’d be the one responsible.

Will it improve if he left? How can it not and as I said, I can’t speak for others, but I want those responsible to be scrutinised, to be held responsible and fired so we can move on.

I haven’t said it was from a player. But the guy didn’t have any more info as to why or who was to blame, I asked about Burton but he didn’t know. He’s not like one us that would have pressed for info, that’s why I’m 100% confident he’s accurate. The person who told him would know, its whether this person is a bullshitter and given who it was I don’t believe he would.

But given all we know about this year, the fail of the camp, it’s fallout and how we addressed it with the players, the on going leaks, how smug Burton appeared at the conference, our failed fitness program, coaches and players leaving, fitness staff kicked out to make way for Burton’s methods, whilst not all of it can’t be blamed on Burton, its pretty obvious he’d be the one responsible.

Will it improve if he left? How can it not and as I said, I can’t speak for others, but I want those responsible to be scrutinised, to be held responsible and fired so we can move on.
I understand that this information coming from someone you personally trust would be more acceptable to you.
This is also what the media has been saying for some time now. So it is not new. I can guess why this is now more believable for you.
As far as blaming Burton for most of the problems goes, it is your (and I must say, many others')view. That may very well be the case. I just don't believe that sacking Burton would fix the problem. It would be too long an explanation on the reason why I believe that, so I will not go into it now.
You have answered my question in regard to the improvement of the team if Burton were to leave. I happen to disagree with you on that.

Jesus. No he didn’t. Can you people stop falling for (or creating) this sensationalist tabloid bullshit?
Douglas did.

I heard it live on radio at the time.

I understand that this information coming from someone you personally trust would be more acceptable to you.
This is also what the media has been saying for some time now. So it is not new. I can guess why this is now more believable for you.
As far as blaming Burton for most of the problems goes, it is your (and I must say, many others')view. That may very well be the case. I just don't believe that sacking Burton would fix the problem. It would be too long an explanation on the reason why I believe that, so I will not go into it now.
You have answered my question in regard to the improvement of the team if Burton were to leave. I happen to disagree with you on that.
Based on what you have seen & heard, do you think Burton is competent & has managerial skills? Do you think the players have full confidence in him?

You can literally have your car written off for less than a bit of a crash.

A friend got theirs written off after someone backed into it in a shopping centre.
Well then its a crash with significant damage to the car or the car wasn’t worth much.
They only write it off if it makes economical sense to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back