• ...Any Colour You Like

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • ...Eclipse

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- implying player's were psychologically distraught, did an actual psychologist give them this opinion?

I believe they just asked someone who in a roundabout way claimed to work in a Heath related field

I've personally dealt with mental illness and have dealt with many people with mental illnesses

you must be a psychologist?

Though I’m interested to know how you can both personally deal with people and also deal with them? Are some of them dealt with impersonally?

You already posted it ? What- that some players who you won’t name aren’t happy about something you won’t say because you have been told this by a person you can’t divulge ???

Bay 13 posting right there

You’re ****ing hilarious

Even on the Bay posters only threaten in jest - your “I’ll let you have it “ clearly indicates an unhinged attitude to posting on an anonymous forum

Good for you, hero
Since you are so into facts, where did I say player?

Its hard to believe even at Camp AFC but it looks like Burton is going to survive this disaster. Lowest point in the history of the club imho.

Sure, go search for it.

So you haven’t
Cool
Perfectly fine thank you
Since you are so into facts, where did I say player?
I asked a question
You’re choosing to dodge it.
So now it’s the admin is it ?
FMD

Hilarious
What happened - someone touch Fagans car ?

So you haven’t
Cool

Perfectly fine thank you

I asked a question
FMD

Hilarious
Funny other posters got it, but you struggle to comprehend, why is that?

Why is that you are the only poster trying to turn the thread into a Bay 13 thread?

As for revealing the source, why is it you are the only to ask?

Funny other posters got it, but you struggle to comprehend, why is that?

Why is that you are the only poster trying to turn the thread into a Bay 13 thread?

As for revealing the source, why is it you are the only to ask?

Got what ? What’s “it” that I failed to grasp?
And I’m the only one to ask?

I don’t believe you. Simple as that. You ran with the media gossip and now you’re creating your own and you say it’s ME turning this into Bay 13?

I don’t think so Champ.

Oh
And the “let you have it “ comment !? Pretty ordinary

Last edited:
Got what ? What’s “it” that I failed to grasp?
And I’m the only one to ask?

I don’t believe you. Simple as that. You ran with the media gossip and now you’re creating your own and you say it’s ME turning this into Bay 13?

I don’t think so Champ.

Oh
And the “let you have it “ comment !? Pretty ordinary
You don’t believe me, I don’t care, I don’t post for you.

As I said you are turning this board into you’re own Bay 13.

I think you’ve taken my “let you have it” line a bit too literally. But hey when you are used to posting in a certain way, you take whatever crumb you can.

So you haven’t
Cool

Perfectly fine thank you

I asked a question
FMD

Hilarious

You're a much better poster when you stick to Bay13.

It's not very often a club blows a rare premiership window year like we did this year. Two decades of incompetence, mediocrity and poor decision making came home to roost in an unprecedented way.

Honestly that is still nothing compared to Tippettgate. If you call this year wasting a window, that potentially cost us a dynasty (assuming that is the only changing factor).

Afterall imagine our side last year with 2 more first rounders (assuming the Vince trade still occurs). We were the best side last year and would have got a lot stronger knowing our drafting record.

Last edited:
Honestly that is still nothing compared to Tippettgate. If you call this year wasting a window year, that potentially cost us a dynasty (assuming that is the only changing factor).

Afterall imagine our side last year with 2 more first rounders (assuming the Vince trade still occurs). We were the best side last year and would have got a lot stronger knowing our drafting record.

The common factor is Chapman and how lazy and incompetent he is. The only one to pay the price for this year was the head physio, just like how Sando was the one to take the fall for the Trigg sanctions.

The Media right at the start were using words like "disaster", "debacle" when reporting about the CM Camp. At the end of the day, they were implying the playing group were psychologically affected.

The beef I have really isn't just about protecting the club, but also being angered by the fact they're speaking about mental illness in a belittling manner. Here's why:
- implying player's were psychologically distraught, did an actual psychologist give them this opinion? Or did they just blindly threw this opinion based on 1 or 2 loose "facts"?
- did the players have to actually go seek psychological counseling, as a direct result from the Camp? Any ACTUAL reports of this?
- were there any objective signs we "lost the plot" in the first 2 immediate months after the Camp? Also bear in mind we won the AFLX, with Hampton playing solidly during that preseason trial, and had a 5-2 start after round 7 (3rd spot), and were 6-3 after round 9 (4th spot).
- the club and players denied any significant mental harm to the group other than Hampton feeling burnt out, and he admitted it was the recurring injuries that was the main reason. Despite all this, Media still tried to add more rumors just to fit this agenda "players were mentally fried at the preseason camp".

I've personally dealt with mental illness and have dealt with many people with mental illnesses, and once you genuinely have an episode of mental illness (as opposed to "stress"), there is no way that you can function at an elite level without showing a decline in performance. It's no joking matter with mental illness. If one is to report a Camp causing psychological disturbances, they need to do due diligence to inquire a psychologist's opinion on the outcome of the Camp, not to throw loose jargons just to create views or Google hits.

Bottom line, psychological illness isn't something someone should exaggerate about. Summer Camp a debacle/disaster? A genuine psychologist would laugh at this conclusion! Where were the objective signs?!
Why are you so concerned about this, yet not about having qualified people run a camp designed to deal with the players mind?
I know what is more important.

Last edited:
The common factor is Chapman and how lazy and incompetent he is. The only one to pay the price for this year was the head physio, just like how Sando was the one to take the fall for the Trigg sanctions.
Duncan Kellaway still on the books, so who is this Head Physio.
Don't believe anyone lost his job over the camp at this time. I do believe there been a restructure to open up some $$ in the soft cap for a Noted Improvement. and most will say an improvement that should benefit the Crows for season 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you haven’t
Cool

Perfectly fine thank you

I asked a question
FMD

Hilarious
What do you want? It was a phone conversation. I could give you my notes but you'd say I made them up. See this is the thing with snipers like you scooby, you take a position of "prove it" to vindicate your ongoing sniping. If you were more balanced, perhaps we could engage with you in a more constructive manner, but you really just want a s**t fight, don't you.

so where the hell is this integrity report?
Its all in the timing and the seriousness of the report. If its this week then it will be mid-week as to not distract the attention from the Finals. If it's not then after the grand final.
Unless of course it a nothing event and they just want to hide amongst the Final chatter.

What do you want? It was a phone conversation. I could give you my notes but you'd say I made them up. See this is the thing with snipers like you scooby, you take a position of "prove it" to vindicate your ongoing sniping. If you were more balanced, perhaps we could engage with you in a more constructive manner, but you really just want a s**t fight, don't you.
She's been asked to back up her claims before, but chooses to ignore the request and then finally goes and finds randoms posts that don't address the claims.

Why are you so concerned about this, yet not about having qualified people run a camp designed to deal with the players mind?
I know what is more important.
I've explained this several times already. There's a camp for team bonding and mental strengthening, and there's a camp for treating mental illnesses. In the latter you'd need psychologists at hand. In the former, basic life experiences and basic psychology is all that is necessary.

Think of it like this: an alcoholic who has depression. The psychologist would help deal with the depression, but a member of AA might be better at helping to counsel someone to stop drinking. Separate parts of the equation. I'd argue further that psychologists might not be the best person to cheer up someone when they're feeling down. Sometimes the best person, might be simply a friend who can crack a good joke!

People got to stop thinking mind training and mental illness as one in the same thing. Also, psychologists can't help everyone with mental illness. Because if they're the be all, why the need for medications, counsellors, GPs and psychiatrists as other forms of mental health management?

Last edited:
Maybe they should have invited one along to the camp?
Unless it’s a mental breakdown emergency, there was no need to bring a psychologist along in a 3-day Camp. Even then, the best place would be in a psychiatric ward if it’s that serious/urgent.

I've explained this several times already. There's a camp for team bonding and mental strengthening, and there's a camp for treating mental illnesses. In the latter you'd need psychologists at hand. In the former, basic life experiences and basic psychology is all that is necessary.

Think of it like this: an alcoholic who has depression. The psychologist would help deal with the depression, but a member of AA might be better at helping to counsel someone to stop drinking. Separate parts of the equation. I'd argue further that psychologists might not be the best person to cheer up someone when they're feeling down. Sometimes the best person, might be simply a friend who can crack a good joke!

People got to stop thinking mind training and mental illness as one in the same thing. Also, psychologists can't help everyone with mental illness. Because if they're the be all, why the need for medications, counsellors, GPs and psychiatrists as other forms of mental health management?
John please dont comment on mental illness. It shows you are out of your depth

John please dont comment on mental illness. It shows you are out of your depth
I’m being deadly serious in these recent posts. Mental illness is not a laughing matter and to ignore what the Media is doing is belittling mental illness as a subject.
How can I be out of depth if I’ve suffered from it myself? Think before you speak mate.

Unless it’s a mental breakdown emergency, there was no need to bring a psychologist along in a 3-day Camp. Even then, the best place would be in a psychiatric ward if it’s that serious/urgent.

I’m being deadly serious in these recent posts. Mental illness is not a laughing matter and to ignore what the Media is doing is belittling mental illness as a subject.
How can I be out of depth if I’ve suffered from it myself? Think before you speak mate.
I have thought. I have also read your posts. You have NFI.

As an alcoholic that suffered depression and its antedecents I find your ''diagnosis' to be peurile and lacking depth. The psychologist knows that both alcoholism and depression are symptomatic of the same problem. AA, youre ******* kidding me

I have thought. I have also read your posts. You have NFI.

As an alcoholic that suffered depression and its antedecents I find your ''diagnosis' to be peurile and lacking depth. The psychologist knows that both alcoholism and depression are symptomatic of the same problem. AA, youre ******* kidding me
The psychologist would know best from textbooks, yes. But would a psychologist be best for helping someone to quit drinking? Someone from AA, who has had many relapses and has had liver issues, and has lived the life of financial/social impacts (from drinking), maybe they're in a better position to help counsel someone to quit?

Bear in mind, I've seen many people who have tried psychologists and have stopped seeing them because they don't feel that they're of use. Some prefer medications only, some prefer to seek counselors only, some prefer to work things through along with their GPs. Psychologists are not the be all, like I said in previous post.

The psychologist would know best from textbooks, yes. But would a psychologist be best for helping someone to quit drinking? Someone from AA, who has had many relapses and has had liver issues, and has lived the life of financial/social impacts (from drinking), maybe they're in a better position to help counsel someone to quit?

Bear in mind, I've seen many people who have tried psychologists and have stopped seeing them because they don't feel that they're of use. Some prefer medications only, some prefer to seek counselors only, some prefer to work things through along with their GPs. Psychologists are not the be all, like I said in previous post.
AA is a support mechanism that utilises a sky fairy. Support and guilt.

I drank to become the person I wanted to be. If I could have done that by eating mushrooms or by running 10km a day I would have. I needed to drink . I havent had a drink in 11 years because a psychologist helped me see that. They also helped me recognise that the person I wanted to be was already inside me. I didnt need the alcohol.

AA would not have come close to that insight

your primary bugbear in your latest illogical rant appears to be, in your own words, those who are "belittling mental illness"... yet that is EXACTLY what you do when you insinuate that someone with depression just needs to hang around with people who can make them laugh.

you, once again, have NFI.

condescension drips from every pore of every argument you methodically frame to suit whatever ridiculous agenda you are pushing at any one time; yet never have I seen such an undeserving sense of intellectual superiority.

oh and the inane capitalisation of "Media". my god. it's "media" you fwit.
hint: google proper vs common nouns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back